• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    i wasnt "ripping them up" i just don't understand how to do the trade. i find no trade option in colleseum. and this is a trade between a gameboy and a gamecube, so i believe that it can go in either.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    never said you were. I just asked you to say what YOU do when you set up a trade so we can point out what you're doing wrong.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    hmm yeah thats pretty much what i got from your post too
    ah well, sarcasm can never be taken lightly anymore ^^

yeah my friend has coloseeum *points to gamecube thread*
    so tell us what you're doing and one of us is bound to know the answer
    after all thats what we're all here for

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    o...srry, miscommunication i guess....anyway, what i do to trade is, get fr and r, get them both to a pokecenter, talk to the direct connect lady thing on fr and the trade center lady on r, then press a until it saves, then wait until r says "your friend isn't ready" it may be the cables, but i doubt it as i used 3 different ones that were compatable for the gameboy advance....and for colleseum, i turn on colleseum, plug my gameboy with fr into the gamecube in the second controller slot using one of those gameboy connecter things, go into the part where i can register, get confused, try going into story mode to find a trade center, look for about 15 minutes, get frustradted and shut off the game. that's how i trade in colleseum. ^^

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    i have fire red and all the pokemon i can catch from it (except stupid dog)
    should i buy leaf green? is it worth it for the 14+ pokemon extra i will get from it
    i mean reeeealy is it!!! i want the pokemon and none of my mates have LG!!!
    im so confused, would you buy it?

or would you just get an AR and get the pokemon along with the legendaries that arent catchable?

or could just get those 14+ in colosseum (slowpoke etc?) AHH IM SO CONFUSED!!

can someone give me an answer in the next 5 mins, ill go buy whatever is best

Last edited:

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    If you wanna start a new game without writing ove your old game then yes.
    But if you don't have much money,i suggest the AR.

It is completely up to you though.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    yes but i still wont be able to get all the legendaries having no way of getting to any event anywhere

hmm AR seems the most plausable but i dont want to cheat, i guess im just gonna have to close my eyes and point to an option randomly

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    You could buy LG complete the game catch whichever dog and then start over and get the last remaining one.

A long process,but the only other way to not cheat.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    The dogs are easy - just download from Colosseum.

As for the rest of the Pokemon, get as many from Colosseum, then... I wouldn't be bothered to pay ?29.99 for 14 Pokemon. Go for the GameShark/Action Replay if you want a quick fix to your PokeDex problem.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Jan 21, 2009
    seraphim said:
    o...srry, miscommunication i guess....anyway, what i do to trade is, get fr and r, get them both to a pokecenter, talk to the direct connect lady thing on fr and the trade center lady on r, then press a until it saves, then wait until r says "your friend isn't ready" it may be the cables, but i doubt it as i used 3 different ones that were compatable for the gameboy advance....and for colleseum, i turn on colleseum, plug my gameboy with fr into the gamecube in the second controller slot using one of those gameboy connecter things, go into the part where i can register, get confused, try going into story mode to find a trade center, look for about 15 minutes, get frustradted and shut off the game. that's how i trade in colleseum. ^^
    Trading in Colosseum couldn't be easier. Go to Phenac City's Pokemon Center and go downstairs. This is the only trade area in the game. You must save your Ru/Sa or FR/LG at a Pokemon Center and turn the power off. When you go to trade in Colosseum, it will tell you to connect the Gameboy Advance and turn its power on.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    It's a UU Pokemon (I think it's UU anyways...) that has decent Sp. Atk and good defenses. It's Trace ability sometimes copies an ability that may or may not ruin the opponent's strategy. Frostweaver might be able to answer this better...ask in the GB Movesets forum or check the Advanced BattleDex Frosty made. He might have an entry on it there..

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2006
    When the man at the breeders says that your pokemon would rather play with other pokemon, does that mean that ill get an egg???

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    No, you won't get an egg if it says that. Ask in the Breeder's Corner next time.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2006
    demonchaos916 said:
    No, you won't get an egg if it says that. Ask in the Breeder's Corner next time.

Oh, im sorry, noone replied when i posted there :surprised . But anyways, what did i do wrong? :'(

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    You didn't match their egg grousp up. Certain egg groups can't breed/won't breed with other egg groups. Read some FAQ in the Breeder's Corner for information on this. It's in one of those 90 thousand FAQs there that Toothy made...

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    ok, some ar code questions, because i'm getting one today and don't want to start a new thread because there are already a lot... so, how exactly does it work, and how do i use the codes?
    also, can i have a "make pokemon shiny" type code, a "get deoxys" or "get mystery ticket" code, and a "stat increasing" code, if possible...
    please note that i have no clue how to use these ^^

Abusoru

Absol-ute Fan
    Years
    • Age 54
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 10, 2005
    Ok I'm trying to win enough coins to get a Porgyon. Is there certain machines I should play on? Is there a way to get more coins? Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back