• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
  • Magneton and Nosepass evolve in Electric rock cave.

Eevee evolves into Leafeon in the forest west of shippou city

Eevee evolves into Glaceon I think in the Ice part of the ridge near the giant rock

Thanks for the info; that's nice to hear...at least the evolution methods didn't get butchered/axed like Feebas's did. I don't have HGSS, but I read that they cannot evolve in those games due to the lack of Sinnoh locations, essentially screwing them over in terms of evolution. :( Would it have been hard to designate substitute locations, such as Lake of Rage for Magnezone and Probopass (Team Rocket's project is associated with electromagnetic waves IIRC from a journal in FR/LG), Ice Path/Cave for Glaceon, and Viridian or Ilex Forest for Leafeon?

Pretty much this.

If you kill them straight after the battle you re-battle them.

So you cant continue until you catch it .0.

I have no idea what happens if you lose though...

That's interesting...I would assume one could rack up a lot of experience by constant rebattling...?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Actually, it is against the rules, so I'll be deleting it~

You can try asking in the emulation help thread, but I'm unsure about that...

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Can someone tell me what is the gist of what Professor Araragi said at the end of the Victini event. I was surprised she came together with the Navy and they left in the black boat/ship. I've always wondered whose ship it is... Also why did Team Plasma storm Liberty Garden and what is Liberty Garden supposed to be?

Kamigoroshi

Moemon Hunter
    Years
  • Anyone found a way to access Kanawa Town (the middle of nowhere dot at the utmost top left of the map) yet? After beating the game this particular area is the only place which I can't figure out how to get there.

Edit: Nevermind, I've found out that you can get there via the Brown Train in the Battle Subwaystation.

Last edited:

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • How do I do a random wi-fi battle? I keep talking to the lady on the left but i just see my trainer battle card thingy and i get disconnected. I've already synced and stuff

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • How do I do a random wi-fi battle? I keep talking to the lady on the left but i just see my trainer battle card thingy and i get disconnected. I've already synced and stuff
    Random Battle is in the continue screen before the game starts. Under Mystery Gift I believe.

Honus

exploding with sloppy murders
    Years
  • I still cannot access normal Wifi. I am talking to the middle lady in the PC, and she won't let me in.

I beat the game by the way.

I had this problem. You can't access the middle room until you have at least one contact on your Pal Pad.

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
  • Pokemon B/W PokeShifter

I don't know if anyone else has a problem with this, but when I go to the building that the PokeShifter is in at Route 15, I go in, talk to the man and he shows me an icon for the DS Download Play. So I open my other DS with my English Platinum and I go in DS Download Play. It downloads and then shows some Japanese letters, I press A and more letters and I can't press A anymore. I look on my B/W game cartridge and my player exits the place. I can't press anything on my DS with my Platinum game. I tried this with a Japanese Heartgold and I still get the same thing... Help Please :)

Nugg

Le Diable Blanc
    Years
  • Where do i get Dive? And how do I get to Giant Hall? I've beaten the game and can;t find any route/entrance to it :S lol i'm a noob

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • What do I do in the town with the airplanes? :s I'm here everyday, I swear. This thread is my new home.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    b-pokemonw_28_32116.png

What does this say?

Also, for "What do I do now?" questions, try here. Very helpful walkthrough for those who can't speak Japanese.

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • b-pokemonw_28_32116.png

What does this say?

Also, for "What do I do now?" questions, try here. Very helpful walkthrough for those who can't speak Japanese.
    It asks if you want to turn the C-Gear off, it warns that if you have it on it could drain your battery faster.

it also tells you that you can turn it on later during game play

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    b-pokemonw_28_32116.png

What does this say?

You could get the beta translation patch online. It helps to translate important options like these. Including battle words and menus.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    You could get the beta translation patch online. It helps to translate important options like these. Including battle words and menus.

Yeah I know, but besides this I've had to other questions. Plus I don't want to hassle with a beta, I'd rather have it finished. And so I know whats going on I just follow a guide. Also thanks!

Years
    • Age 45
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    After I catch Reshiram, what is it asking me to do? I clicked the top option and my party came up. Am I swapping Reshiram with a pokemon from my party or does one of my party get released?

Years
  • It's asking you to switch Pokemon I guess, because you have to fight N with Reshiram.

But I thought I heard different, that you didn't, hmm....

Anyway if you saved before fighting Reshiram, click yes and do what it says. It'll probabl send the first member of your party to the PC. If it doesn't, restart. If you didn't save, oh well.

Years
    • Age 45
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    It's asking you to switch Pokemon I guess, because you have to fight N with Reshiram.

But I thought I heard different, that you didn't, hmm....

Anyway if you saved before fighting Reshiram, click yes and do what it says. It'll probabl send the first member of your party to the PC. If it doesn't, restart. If you didn't save, oh well.

Yeah, it definitely forced Reshiram into my party. Into the top slot, in fact. I really hope Musharna is back in my PC. That would be a painful waste of a moon stone. Luckily I did save before battling Reshiram so I should be okay. Thanks for the quick reply and the solid advice!

EDIT: For those interested, when you swap a pokemon out for the legendary, it apparently goes into some sort of queue and gets deposited the next time you check a PC. At least, I'm reasonably sure that's what just happened.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Yeah, it definitely forced Reshiram into my party. Into the top slot, in fact. I really hope Musharna is back in my PC. That would be a painful waste of a moon stone. Luckily I did save before battling Reshiram so I should be okay. Thanks for the quick reply and the solid advice!

Don't worry, it does switch your boxed Reshiram with your Musharna in your party.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back