• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    Thanks a lot! ^^ A question: at about 4 and 1/2 minutes into the video he talks about using something called "Game Sync" to get my Game Sync ID Code. What is this about and how do I get that to show up in the first place?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It's winter on my game, so why hasn't my sping Shikijika changed to winter form? Or is it stuck as spring since that's how I caught her?

Edit: I just evolved her and she's still spring form. :/ Does she need to battle and defeat something, or...? Serebii says it's supposed to change automatically.

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    It's winter on my game, so why hasn't my sping Shikijika changed to winter form? Or is it stuck as spring since that's how I caught her?

Edit: I just evolved her and she's still spring form. :/ Does she need to battle and defeat something, or...? Serebii says it's supposed to change automatically.
    Take it out from your PC Box, go in and out of buildings, take it into battle, save-reset-reload.
    One of these methods is bound to change Shikijika.
    Thanks a lot! ^^ A question: at about 4 and 1/2 minutes into the video he talks about using something called "Game Sync" to get my Game Sync ID Code. What is this about and how do I get that to show up in the first place?
    Turn your C-Gear on, and select Wi-Fi. Game Sync is the only option there so you won't miss it.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    I'm in America and don't own Black or White yet, but I have a question for the future. I have been known to do a lot of restarting my games in the past. If a file is linked to Global Link, is it possible to restart the game and sync a new file to the account? Thanks in advance!

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    So you can't play a foreign copy on your DSi?

I've heard (and seen on the site) that you can't play the version of Black or White on a DSi because it's ''DSi enhanced''. This is a big pain for me as I'm not really a good person to wait for things, ahah.

Please tell me if this is true.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Yeah, unfortunately. If you have a Japanese White, you can't play it on the American DSi. DS Lite and the original DS it works though. So, if for example you're in Britain and you have the American White, you CAN'T play it on your DSi. DS Lite and original are fine.

You'll only have issues if you have a DSi.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Yeah, both the American and Canadian games are identical if I remember correctly. Well, the non-French ones at least.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Nope unfortunately there is no device for re-battling trainers. A few trainers are re battleable though.

There...there ISN'T? NOOOO!! ;__; That's the thing that annoyed me the most in SoulSilver...there wasn't a very good re-battling thingy. D: How do you re-battle those few other trainers then?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I've heard (and seen on the site) that you can't play the version of Black or White on a DSi because it's ''DSi enhanced''. This is a big pain for me as I'm not really a good person to wait for things, ahah.

Please tell me if this is true.

Merging with simple questions incase anybody else has questions relating to this, because there isn't really grounds for any discussion (and I don't know how you could even make it into a discussion anyway). I would've locked, but people may end up having more questions eventually and it's easier if it's all found in this thread.

Pteraclaww

Friend of a friend.
    Years
    So, Zoroark is breed-able. Would there be many plausible offers running in the GTS offering a Zoroark? That is, not people claiming to want a level 100 Magicarp, or level 4 Reshiram in exchange?

I haven't gotten Black or White yet (awaiting English release), so I didn't post this is the trading section; I'm not offering a trade at the moment, and can't for half a year. I'm talking about the in-game Global Trading System which isn't depending on this site, which everybody is able to use.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I was talking to my sister and one of my Pokemon leveled up and is trying to learn X-Scissor, but she distracted me and I pressed B. :( And it's asking if I really wanna give up on it (I guess?) and I don't know which option is to keep learning it or not. I can't take a screen shot though. D: The first option has an ! at the end and the second option doesn't. Fffffffff I don't wanna miss this move. ;; Which do I select so that I can learn it?

Best I could do:
    Spoiler:

The Red Chain

I was talking to my sister and one of my Pokemon leveled up and is trying to learn X-Scissor, but she distracted me and I pressed B. :( And it's asking if I really wanna give up on it (I guess?) and I don't know which option is to keep learning it or not. I can't take a screen shot though. D: The first option has an ! at the end and the second option doesn't. Fffffffff I don't wanna miss this move. ;; Which do I select so that I can learn it?

Best I could do:
    Spoiler:

It's the bottom option good sir, so just hit B and you should be good to go~

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Does B/W have that multilingual Pokedex feature, where you trade an, let's say, Italian Pokemon and the PokeDex description is in Italian?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Does B/W have that multilingual Pokedex feature, where you trade an, let's say, Italian Pokemon and the PokeDex description is in Italian?

Yes for the first 493, I'm sure of it. (I got Garchomp and Feraligatr migrated to my White, and I see both JP and EN dex entries.)

As for the new stuff... I'm not sure.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
    Yeah i need big help...
    1. Does Japanese Black work with a American DS lite. (By the looks of other comments on here and Sydian's photo, I guess so.)
    2. Can an American version of Pearl on a DS lite tranfer Pokemon to a Japanese version of Black on a DS lite.
    I'm not a noob.
    I just don't know this stuff since I only play American games.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah i need big help...
    1. Does Black work with a DS lite.
    2. Can an American version of Pearl on a DS lite tranfer Pokemon to a Japanese version of Black on a DS lite.
    I'm not a noob.
    I just don't know this stuff since I only play American games.

Yup, because DSi is the one that has region locking. So yes, Black will work, but no, you can't transfer the Pokemon from American Pearl to Japanese Black, because the language must be the same for it to work.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
    this mite be askd sory. i look thru some but not all 35 pages just 1 quik questions and i will be outa your hair hehe...

1. hows the trading work w/ pokemon between the Japanese B/W and lets say, back onto U.S HG/SS? (i havent heard of this so im guesing this cant be done for some reason)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back