• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
    Need some help on black...

Just as a heads up, people who haven't completely this may not wanna read further as may indicate spoilers (though unsure if they count).
    I finished the league, N and the other boss last night and caught Reshiram, now i wanna continue on, i've managed to pick up the egg for the fire/bug pokemon and get double team from one of the sages, but my pokemon aren't strong enough to battle up to the level 63+ Sages and i was wondering what's the best way to train them up and where? I've tried the grass but they're either too weak or too strong, or the training will take me hours on end.
    Thanks for anyone who replies though and sorry to bother you if it's a stupid question lol

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
    Dokkora! :) They're the best. There should be some back in Yagaruma forest if you're willing to go back. Might wanna level up though...a lot. :P

As for your team, it seems nice and balanced atm. Not too much you can do early on, however I'd recommend scrapping some team members. Normally you'd be much higher level because most people don't use full teams of 6 til closer to the 6th-8th gyms or something. Maybe shorten the team up to Pokabu, Shimama, Yanappu, and Dokkora? Pidove, Yooterri, and Choroneko aren't that good imo, but it's up to you.

I like to have a varied team which is why I get 6 members as soon as I can.

I also refuse to use HM slaves so I catch pokemon that I believe would have the HMs I need.

And I'll take your advice about Dokkora, but I noticed the forest has Nageki and Dageki as well, so I think I'll catch a Nageki instead. It has higher stats that Dokkora and it's first evolution.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Just as a heads up, people who haven't completely this may not wanna read further as may indicate spoilers (though unsure if they count).
    I finished the league, N and the other boss last night and caught Reshiram, now i wanna continue on, i've managed to pick up the egg for the fire/bug pokemon and get double team from one of the sages, but my pokemon aren't strong enough to battle up to the level 63+ Sages and i was wondering what's the best way to train them up and where? I've tried the grass but they're either too weak or too strong, or the training will take me hours on end.
    Thanks for anyone who replies though and sorry to bother you if it's a stupid question lol

Firstly Sages don't battle so you can carry on finding them, the trainers are a bit tough I'll give you that, start of with griding in grassy areas which are around your Lv range, and carefully work you way up. You have a Lucky Egg of the Professor so use it!

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Hmm, I have a question(I'm not sure it really relates to in-game):
    I can't wait for the new games, but I also don't wanna spoil anything. Just in case I choose to spoil it, I'll download a rom... Should I wait, or spoil it?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hmm, I have a question(I'm not sure it really relates to in-game):
    I can't wait for the new games, but I also don't wanna spoil anything. Just in case I choose to spoil it, I'll download a rom... Should I wait, or spoil it?

The PokéCommunity personally has a stance against downloading a ROM, however it's up to you, as long as you don't discuss/link to it here.

(I think you should wait anyway).

Newbie 2.0

The New Type of Noob
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011

Ew you called me Dragonomega, 0 brownie points u.u Um, it took me quite a while, since I refused to use guides and I like to set my self a target for every Pokemon to reach and such, so it took about 5 weeks .__.

Haha. XD Yes, capital D.

Oh? Wow, I wonder how long it took Virtual Headache to get there....

Virtual Headache! How long did it take you to get to Black City? More than five weeks?

Years
    Quick question because i´m new to Pokemon games
    what will i need to do to transfer all my pokedex and pokemons from Platinum and SoulSilver to Black? will i have to have 2 DS and use trade option? (will i need to catch 200+ useless pokemons to trade for the one in soulsilver and platinum or can i just send them over to black)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Quick question because i´m new to Pokemon games
    what will i need to do to transfer all my pokedex and pokemons from Platinum and SoulSilver to Black? will i have to have 2 DS and use trade option? (will i need to catch 200+ useless pokemons to trade for the one in soulsilver and platinum or can i just send them over to black)
    No need to catch useless Pokémon. You only need to have two DSes, with the games in the same region/language. No need to catch trade fodder.

Just put the game card on your DS, start Black/White, get to the PokéShifter set-up screen (It's in a bulding in a route), follow instructions. (That means running DS Download Play on your other DS containing the old game. Follow all prompts.)

Perriechu

Years
    when can you import pokemon from gen 4?

Pokemon can be imported from the 4th Generation games only when you've completed the main storyline in Black or White.

Remember you must have the same region games. <:

and no Pokemon should know HM's or hold items.

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
    Hey guys I need a little team help.

I'm in Raimon City and I lost to N and his damn Shinbora...

Here is my team:
    Yanappu lvl21 (I need to know when to evolve him as well)
    Haderia lvl20 (Will change him to something better)
    Nageki lvl21
    Hatooboo lvl23
    Chaoboo lvl24
    Shimama lvl22

Notable Pokemon I have in the box are:
    Shinbora lvl20
    Meguroco lvl21
    Ishizumai lvl22

Also, where can I get a good water type pokemon at this point in the game? I have no notable counters for fire types right now.

Thanks for any help!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey guys I need a little team help.

I'm in Raimon City and I lost to N and his damn Shinbora...

Here is my team:
    Yanappu lvl21 (I need to know when to evolve him as well)
    Haderia lvl20 (Will change him to something better)
    Nageki lvl21
    Hatooboo lvl23
    Chaoboo lvl24
    Shimama lvl22

Notable Pokemon I have in the box are:
    Shinbora lvl20
    Meguroco lvl21
    Ishizumai lvl22

Also, where can I get a good water type pokemon at this point in the game? I have no notable counters for fire types right now.

Thanks for any help!

I'm not sure about where good water types are, buuut, the in-game team help forum would probably give you better advice for teams than Simple Questions would, just so you know.

The Red Chain

Well.. you could back track to Yaguruma/Pinwheel Forest. Right before you enter it near Shippou/Nacrene City, go down and search for a Tympole/Otamaro in the water puddles.
    The thing is supposedly a good water type because of it's base stats in speed and special/attack, especially after evolving. :3

I've not used it myself, but this is the stuff I hear.

Perriechu

Years

Well.. you could back track to Yaguruma/Pinwheel Forest. Right before you enter it near Shippou/Nacrene City, go down and search for a Tympole/Otamaro in the water puddles.
    The thing is supposedly a good water type because of it's base stats in speed and special/attack, especially after evolving. :3

I've not used it myself, but this is the stuff I hear.

Ewww XD; TRC Who told you that :x

Those frog rejects are gross and weak :c Still go back to the forest and look for shaking grass patches, look for a Panpour. :3

The Red Chain

Those frog rejects are gross and weak :c Still go back to the forest and look for shaking grass patches, look for a Panpour. :3

Monkey isn't much better, js. :x It was extremely hard to work with for me.
    Unless you gotta water stone, you're better off with the frog for now. But, if you do, go for the monkey and evolve it later down the line.. XD

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years

Monkey isn't much better, js. :x It was extremely hard to work with for me.
    Unless you gotta water stone, you're better off with the frog for now. But, if you do, go for the monkey and evolve it later down the line.. XD

Well the monkey is pretty good. And if I heard it correct, you went back to Spinwheel forest to get a Panpour, so that means you were probably already at Castelia City. In Castelia you can get a water stone so you can evolve Panpour into Simipour ;)

The Red Chain

In Castelia you can get a water stone so you can evolve Panpour into Simipour ;)
    That's only if solopy didn't get the stone for the grass monkey they got instead earlier on in the game.
    But my personal experience is, if you can't evolve the monkey, it is definitely not worth the frustration. Let's hope you can~.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    That's only if solopy didn't get the stone for the grass monkey they got instead earlier on in the game.
    But my personal experience is, if you can't evolve the monkey, it is definitely not worth the frustration. Let's hope you can~.

It's actually pretty silly you can't buy stones anymore >_> And completely agreed. Solopy, If you already got one stone from that guy in Castelia City, I'd just go further with the main storyline, unless you don't want to evolve it. (I know there are some people who don't evolve them)

Years
    Are you allowed to trade to different regions?

If you can't then what's the point of the shiny dogs? All I want to do is trade a level 5 squirtle to my white when I get it :( don't want to have to choose new starters

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back