• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    -How many Pokémon are you allowed to transfer via the Transfer Machine (i.e. Would I be able to transfer all three of the Dogs as well as Celebi?

Yes you can, there's no limit at all. You just can't transfer HM or have items attached.

-How early in the game can you access it? (timewise, since I'm trying to avoid spoilers )

After you beat the game.

-Lastly, what's the likelihood of Nintendo ever releasing the Lock Capsule to HGSS (thereby allowing us to get Bark Out in BW).

Not sure about this one...

Actually; your descriping the Poketransfer, he's asking about the Transfer machine with is specifically for Entei, Raikou and Suicune oh yeah + Celebi.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    wait so will I be able to get eevee from trading or not?

Yes, you can get the Eevee through trading with another person who has an Eevee in their Black or White Versions. Alternatively, you could transfer one of your own Eevee from Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, or Soul Silver after you have beaten the Elite Four.
    All previous 493 Pokémon are obtainable in Gen. 5 either in game (post Elite four), through trading, transfer (also post elite four), or via the Dream World.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    so if i bought firered could i just stick the gba game in and the blackandwhite game in and trade?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    so if i bought firered could i just stick the gba game in and the blackandwhite game in and trade?

No, you cannot trade between generations (barring Generations I and II for the gameboy color). There is an option in Generation IV (DPPt, HGSS) games to permanently transfer Pokémon from Gen III (the GBA games) to Gen IV. This is a one way transfer and can only be done after you beat the Elite Four (along with some additional requirements)
    Generation 5 (Black and White) is unable to trade with Generations III and IV, yet if you have two DS systems and have beaten the Elite Four, you can permanently transfer Pokémon from Gen. IV to Gen. V.

Basically the only way to get an Eevee to use in the main game (before the Elite Four) is to trade for it with another person that has Black and White (and an Eevee). This may be done online and I'm sure there'd be people here who'd be happy to trade you one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    So, how long would I have to wait before I could trade for one if haven't beaten the elite four? Could I get one in the first city?

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    So, how long would I have to wait before I could trade for one if haven't beaten the elite four? Could I get one in the first city?

Yeah, sure--if you can find someone, either locally or on Wi-Fi, with an Eevee in Black or White to trade to you.

Perriechu

Years

Well you'd have to defeat the first gym first and then do the events that follow after like getting the C-Gear and Pal Pad before your aloud to trade~

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    also, if i see a shiny pokemon, how will i know its shiny? will it say something or should i just memorize what the shiny's look like? lol

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    also, if i see a shiny pokemon, how will i know its shiny? will it say something or should i just memorize what the shiny's look like? lol

As soon as the Shiny Pokemon appears, stars will sparkle and swirl around the Pokemon, and there'll be a corresponding sound effect.

Perriechu

Years

Adding to what chan said; it' also should be obvious if a shiny does appear, it'll have a totally different look to what it normally does; since it's on the Ds it's always light, and it's easy to tell different color's not like that damn gba

Perriechu

Years
    Around what levels should I be at when I do the events like Zoroark? Should I beat the game before doing these?

For events it really doesn't matter u_u for someone like Zoroark be at least something like Lv25-30 though n.n; I had only beaten the first gym when I received my Lv50 Bark Out Zoroark.

So there isn't really a Lv limit to events, also get the events as soon as you have the chance, well the one's you have to directly download like mentioned Zoroark; something like Vicinti where you only download the item can wait until after the league ~

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I want to make Eevee into my starter Pokemon(ill pick one of the starters but use eevee instead), could I do that? Also is there a rule against the game where I could just send some money over pay-pal for a Pokemon if I have nothing valuable to trade

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I want to make Eevee into my starter Pokemon(ill pick one of the starters but use eevee instead), could I do that? Also is there a rule against the game where I could just send some money over pay-pal for a Pokemon if I have nothing valuable to trade

Sorry but this generation will have no Pokémon from the other previous games until after you've beaten the Elite Four. Also, people don't offer money for Pokémon but you can try asking in the Quick Trade Thread and see if anyone will trade with you even if you might not have anything valuable.

Perriechu

Years

There is one way to get Eevee but it has to be after the first gym and the events that follow.

You need to find someone who has Black or White with Eevee already on and trade with them, >:

But Eevee isn't found directly in the region \:

What Kaori said about that last part ;-;

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back