• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Shadow of heroes said:
    Also you could use the Moon Shard(Umbreon) and Sun Shard(Espeon) on Eevee to evolve it in XD.But Eevee needs to like you in order for it to work.So either trade Eevee to XD or trade a Pokemon holding a Moon/Sun Shard to FR/LG.

I doubt you can trade over a moon/sun shard. You can also get instant Umby and Espy at the start of Colosseum.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2009
    I always thought Wurmple was a time evolution :/ I'm fairly sure that how it worked in R/S. Thnaks though, I'll trade my Eevee over to my Sapphire =3

One more thing, I've heard that you can get /every/ legendary in FR/LG... I know how to get most, but how do you get Mew / Celebi / Legendary Dogs?
    And is there anything more in the Tanoby Ruins besides Unown?
    And while I'm at that, in the two places you get the Gems for Cerio (or whatever hes called xD), is there any function for the Braille? I've translated it, but it doesn't seem to be any instructions or anything, just cryptic stuffs...
    Thats 3 things. Whoops x.x
    I'm bad

Thanks all xD

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    Mew is only available in Emerald, but you need to go to a Nintendo Event to gain access to the Island it's on, just like Deoxys and Lugia/Ho-oh. There has been an event for Mew in Japan but not in the US or anywhere else yet.

Celebi is also unobtainable outside of Japan, where you could get it from their Colosseum bonus disc.

Once you fix the Network Machine, you'll have one of the Legendary Beasts running around in the wild, depending on your starter. Entei if you have Bulbasaur, Suicune for Charmander, and Raikou for Squirtle.

The braille in Mt. Ember is just a really cool-sounding message. XD No instructions or anything. IIRC, the only braille that means anything when you translate it is in the Regi Caves, and in Dotted Hole.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2009
    Network Machine... Thats the thingy allowing you to trade with R/S/E? So that would mean I already have Suicune loose somewhere? Cool ^^ Will it only be in Kanto, or the islands too?

Are the Regi Caves on FR/LG too? o.O

gaaaaaaaa

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Years
  • The easiest way to catch Suicuine is having a masterball in your pocket ,and go to the place near victoryroad.When you get there show your and badges and check all the grassy areas.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Swampling said:
    Network Machine... Thats the thingy allowing you to trade with R/S/E? So that would mean I already have Suicune loose somewhere? Cool ^^ Will it only be in Kanto, or the islands too?

Are the Regi Caves on FR/LG too? o.O
    Most likely.

And no, the Regis are not in FRLG.

Venucharsaurizard

Fire type master
    Years
  • Thanks for the link, sammi!
    I found some answers here, so this shouldn't be as long as it used to!
    One...Can you go anywhere else except the mainland and the seven islands in Fire red?
    Two...From the answers above, is Suicuine just in the grassy area outside victory road on Fire red? Will he just jump out at random, or is he in a special place?
    Oh yes. And does catching all the shapes of unown trigger anything?
    All help appreciated!
    Thanks,
    VC

Last edited:

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    1. Kanto and the Islands are the only places in the game, so no.

2. Suicine will be anywhere in Kanto at random, not just in a specific place. When you change Routes, it will change Routes, so it's a lot of luck to find him.

3. Nope, absolutely nothing, unfortunately. You just get bragging rights. :/

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Pok?-Munna said:
    can i teach my swampert mirror coat without breeding?

Mirror Coat for Swampy is an Egg Move, meaning you have to breed to get it.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Venucharsaurizard said:
    So continuing on from my question, is Suicuine like Latias?

Yes. They both move around as you move from one route to another. They also "jump" across the map when you fly to another area.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Venucharsaurizard said:
    Sowhere did you find it first? I should take a look there.
    XD

You can't ever tell where it's going to. It's better just to go on with training and wait until you run into it.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Venucharsaurizard said:
    Sowhere did you find it first? I should take a look there.

I traded a cune over from Colosseum, and to my surprise it was actually able to be found in the wild. I've tried to track it down, as my other Suicune natures suck, but I gave up after an hour.

Venucharsaurizard

Fire type master
    Years
  • Altering Cave

Am I missing something here? All there really is is a few rocks and that and nothing at all special. Now....Going in a place like that makes me feel like there's GOTTA be something more there!
    So is there anything else there apart from the bare ground? I mean it's called Altering cave, so something's up!
    Thanks,
    VC

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    you were able to change the pokemon somehow, like marrep, and houndoor, the pre evos that appeared in coloseum, but nintendo / gamefreak abandoned it ......

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back