• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
Years
  • Good Water types include Tentacruel, Kingdra and Lanturn. All of them are very useful for different purposes. I'd personally use Kingdra the most (only one weakness), but Lanturn can Thunderdance as well, and has good defences. Gyarados makes for a better physical sweeper, stick Dragon Dance on him if you can and let him rip.

Mundane

walking alone
    Years
  • A simple question about slaking, actually three of them..
    1. is Vigoroth a better pokemon?
    2. Choice banding+hyper beam. is that the best thing for Slaking?
    3. Will hyper beam cause this: first move, hit. second move, loafing. third move, exhausted?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Adam, ask about codes in the Codes thread, not the simple questions.

1. Slaking's stats are better overall in my opinion.
    2. Possibly. Hyper Beam with it's already high attack power and STAB+extra from choice band is enough damage to OHKO most Pokemon. But if it comes across a Ghost type, Slaking is done.
    3. First: Hyper Beam Second: Loafing Third: Hyper Beam again

The Traunt ability cancels out the exhausted effect of hyper beam.

LilLatias

Name Switched to Kecleon_
    Years
  • I've got a simple question about Azuril. I tried breeding two Marill together and instead of getting the Azuril I wanted I got another Marill. But this thought popped into my head, so I'm asking to make sure. Do I have to breed two Azuril together to get an Azuril?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    You breed to 2 Marills or Azumarils to get a Azuril. But one of the Marills or Azumarills have to be holding Sea Incense.

adam513

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2004
    theres only one timer ball unless you use codes and no you have to beat the elite four befor you can catch the regis

Frostweaver Edit: it is adviced that all answers for the Simple Question threads should be double checked to see if they're correct, before answering and possibly misleading others... >_>;

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Yes, you can get the Regis before beating the Elite Four. I just never bothered with them until after the E4. Never saw a use for them

You can buy Timer Balls from the Rustboro PokeMart for 1000 bucks each.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Erm...there aren't a lot of Rare Candies in the game just laying around. I've actually never found any before. Try using Linoone's Pick Up ability and see if that 5 percent (could be more...) chance of picking up a Rare Candy comes through for you.

Same goes for the second question. You can buy them though. Sometimes the guy seliing them in Slateport sells them for half-price if you see his ad on TV.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Found Often
    Super Potion (30%)

Found Sometimes
    Ultra Ball (10%)
    Full Restore (10%)
    Full Heal (10%)
    Revive (10%)
    Rare Candy (10%)
    Nugget (10%)

Found Rarely
    Protein (5%)
    PP Up (4%)

Found Very Rarely
    King's Rock (1%)

(from pokefor.tk)

Do note that pickup for a MAJOR nerf in FRLG ;_; but it still pickup rare candy at a 10% rate.

Blitz

Ready to win in tourney!!
    Years
  • thsi is wat screwed me over on pickup, so make sure Zigzagoon (or Linoone) isn't holding an item, cause that is how they pick it up (i always thought that after the battle it would say something like: Zigzagoon found a ......). Also, check back on it often to see if it got nething.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Nope. It doesn't tell you when pick up activates. You just have to check your Pokemon party if the Pickup Pokemon has an attached item for no apparent reason. Detach the attachment on the pickup Pokemon, and it'll be the pickup item.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back