• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    Now I'm preparing to enter the Pokemon Official Tournament. Working on a super secret team (that's probably been overused ^^).

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2008
    my best poke adventure is when i saw a red psyduck(but my quagsire killed it)(firt time i saw a shiny poke)and i caught a blue unown happy times
    cheers espeon and unbreon.
    oh yeah elementz30 when i get a wifi lead for my ds can i trade some legendarys over just give me a list of pokemon u whant to trade
    chees espeon and umbreon

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2010
    My most recent shiny encounter is from Diamond:
    A shiny bidoof :/
    At least I have the prettiest HM slave -_-

Years
  • Okay i'm back and god got some work in!

June 15:

Okay i started at Eterna forest with Cheryl still following. I defeat two psychics and get to the end of the forest. I got past the little route and got into Eterna City. I heal up my part and prepare for the gym battle. I go into the gym,which is a grass type gym. I beat the gym teainers and face off against Gardenia. I take her out with skill - yeah right lol O.o - well anyway everything's fine. I go heal up my Pokemon and go to the north to find a girl called cynthia. She said young trainer? @.@ i wonder how good she is... anyway i go to the Team galactic HQ and take out a few grunts. I find commander Saturn,no offense but she has a bad team. I mopped thefloor with it and got a bicycle. I went to cycling road and recieved an Exp.share m..might come in useful. I go onto cycling road and take out some cyclists. I get to the end and see Dawn. She gives me a poketch app and another item.forgot it's name. i go into Mt.Coronet and see Cyrus. I get through the rest and through the route and end up in Hearthome City. I win a contest with my Staravia! Yay :)

current team:

Buizel:level 16
    Buneary:level 15
    Staravia:level 21
    Monferno:Level 22

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • Started Over

Well, I'm going to be playing for a loong time, so you better be a good reader!
    POST STARTED 6:15PM

Well, before I start typing my Sinnoh Story, part 1, I deleted my old data. (Of course.)

Rowan asks me if I need adventure advice, but of course I say no.

He commands me to press a button on a pokeball. (Lazy ;( Do it yourself)

I am a girl, and I said I would choose the guy, but he's a big bowl of ugly. When the girl is so darned cute. So I went with girl.

He asks me what my name is. (What, you wanna break into my house?) I tell him my name is Hikari.

He shows me a picture of my ever-so-hot 'friend', a guy named Freddy that I don't even know. (Wait, then how did I know his name?)

When I entered the pokemon world, a report about some red Gyrados came up. I don't remember turning on the TV...

When I walk downstairs, a strange woman who claims to be my mom stops me.

She tells me Freddy was looking for me. Well duh, I'm amazing.

I almost walk out the door when mom says I can't go in tall grass because of pokemon.

I try to walk into Freddy's house but Freddy comes crashing into me! (Clutzo!)

He says he'll fine me $1,000,000 if I don't come to a lake when he rushes back into his house saying he forgot something.

I walk in the house, upstairs, and into Freddy's room. Freddy was sitting at his desk, packing up items.

Now, he says if I don't come to the lake he'll fine me $10,000,000! Geez this guy is desperate for money!

I walk downstairs, and out the door.

Freddy reminds me of the lame 'Red Gyrados' report that was on TV. Now, he pursuades me to come along!

We walk down to the lake and OMFG! He's holding my hand.

He then cheers, when we walk in on an old man and a boy named Lucas about the same age as me and Freddy.

They bumped into Freddy and begged to pass. Pfft, they're not getting any of MY good looks. They can take Freddy's. We let them pass, since we need to get over to the lake.

Freddy drags me into grass, even when he knows my mom told me I'll get in trouble if I go.

We find a dirty breifcase when two Starlies came charging! We didn't have pokemon. Hesitating, we look into the briefcase and...

three pokemon! Turtwig, Piplup, Chimchar. I chose Chimchar.

We charge into battle.

The Starly was level 2 and I send out level 5 Chimchar. We fight with Scratch. It got Starly's health halfway down and the starly uses Growl, lowering Chimchar's attack. We use another scratch. Starlys hp now in the yellow zone when Starly uses growl again! Our attack in danger, we attempt another Scratch. Yes! Starly: Defeated.

Freddy compliments Chimchar and I for doing a great job. But then, he says his Piplup was tougher. Oh, come 'ere and say that!

Lucas comes back. Uh-oh! He freaks out when he realizes we used the professor's pokemon. Who's? But he didn't take them back. He took the one that wasn't used, Turtwig, though.

We hurry and leave the lake as well, before more pokemon appear. We wouldn't want to battle more, putting Chimchar's lowered attack in mind.

Freddy then says how we have to give the pokemon back but he wants to spend more time with them. Yeah, they're awesome powerhouses!

Ahh! We ran into Prof. Rowan and Lucas! Will he get angry-?

He asks to see our pokemon. (Please, don't take them back!)

He doesn't take them back. Instead, he walks back to his lab. (Where IS his lab? It's not in Twinleaf town, thats for sure.)

He tells us to visit their lab. But how can we visit when we don't even know where it is?

We go back home. Mom tells me to wait for something.

She was concerned at first but then she was relieved to find out that we were OK. She was proud of our battle.

Oh! She says that the professor lives up in Sandgem Town.

She says he's intimidating. (mom's got a boyfriend!) Then she says I should go visit him so she gives me some running shoes.

She reads the instructions (boring!) and I leave.

I run out into route 201.

While on my way, a level 2 Bidoof attacks me! Of course, I send out level 5 Chimchar.

I use Scratch getting bidoofs health a little above halfway. He uses tackle and I take 4 damage. We use scratch again, hey look! Critcal hit getting Bidoof in the red zone. Bidoof uses tackle again, me taking 2 damage. (apparantly that 4 was critical hit.) Now I have 12/19 as far as health goes. Finally, we killed the rat with one final Scratch.

Darn! a level 3 Starly pops up now! Go, Chimchar! Again, another boring Scratch starts the battle off. Starley- a lil' above halfway. Me- yellow zone! Better finish this one off and QUICK! chimchar- 9/19 So we use another scratch. Starly down into yellow zone. It uses Growl, lowering our attack! This battle is not going well. Chimchar- 9/19 Starly- yellow zone 1 more scratch killed the Starly!

Chimchar grew to level 6!

No new moves were learned, though.

I walked into Sandgem town where Lucas greeted me.

Freddy bumped into me again! This guy becomes more and more of a clutzo.

Freddy says that Rowan isn't as scary as we thought he was yesterday. Well, here we go. *gulp* I walk inside with Lucas. (He's holding my hand too. What boy WOULDN'T want my fabulousness?)

The professor speaks. He says I can keep Chimchar! I nicknamed Chimchar CHIMCHI.

He asks me if I like the nickname, and I say yes, why wouldn't I? I made up the adorable powerhouse's nickname, right?

He then says how Freddy told him why we had to use his pokemon. He didn't get angry. He was as proud as Mom!

Lucas was then releived that I was nice to pokemon. DUH! THEY'RE CUTE LITTLE POWERHOUSES!!

Prof. Rowan THEN said that there was a main topic he wanted to speak about. He wants to know what kinds of pokemon live in Sinnoh. He gives me a pokedex to record data on every pokemon in Sinnoh!

Lucas said that he would teach me stuff about the assignment I had been given later. I hope later is very soon because I don't understand! (Ha. White lie. I understand everything, just trying to make some dramatic-ness here.)

As soon as I walked out of the lab Lucas said he would teach me stuff! (wow that was fast xD)

He showed me a pokemon center. He explained how they heal injured and fainted pokemon fast.

He then showed me a smaller building called a pokemon mart. He said you can buy tons of items there for reasonable prices. Then, he said since im a rookie I can't buy much. Booring..

He gave me a quick assignment as well. Heal my pokemon, then go back to Twinleaf and tell my mom I'm helping the professor.

I walked on route 201 but forgot to heal my pokemon so I went back to the poke'center.

In seconds, I got Chimchi back fully healed.

I went back on route 201.

Oh look! A level 2 Starley attacked. My level 6 Chimchi would be perfect for this situation. Go, Scratch attack! We got Starleys health into the yellow zone when Starley used tackle and it only caused 1 damage. I used another scratch and- killed it!

level 3 starly came up this time. Level 6 Chimchi, dear, it's go time! We started it off with a Scratch. Half-way mark. Growl got our attack down though. We weren't messing around. Another scratch! red zone. A starley tackle did 3 damage.

Chimchar- 17/21 green zone
    Starly- red zone

One more scratch killing it!
    Soo close to level 7, but not quite.

Bidoof level 3 appeared.. go level 6 (almost 7) Chimchi used Scratch. bidoof halfway point. Bidoof used Tackle.

Chimchar- 14/21 green zone
    Bidoof- halfway mark green zone

Another scratch, now! critical hit now fainted

Chimchar grew to level 7! Chimchar learned Ember!

I finally arrived back in Twinleaf town.

I talk to mom and she heals my pokemon. She cheers me on when she finds out I'm going on a journey!

I obtain a JOURNAL!

Mom says it keeps a lists of my daily events so I'll know what I did last.

Freddy's mom enters asking where Freddy is. We say we don't know, 'cuz we don't.

HIKARI OBTAINED THE PARCEL!

Edit- Sinnoh Story part 2

wild level 3 Bidoof appeared!
    I sent out level 7 Chimchar (chimchi)!

Chimchi used Ember!
    Bidoof used Tackle!

Stats-
    Chimchi- 20/23
    Bidoof- just above halfway mark/green zone

Chimchi used Scratch!
    Bidoof used Tackle!

Stats-
    Chimchi- 17/23
    Bidoof- red zone

Chimchi used Scratch!

Bidoof was defeated!
    ~

Route non stop training continues!
    SHINY CHAIN- 2 bidoof!

level 3 bidoof appeared!
    Go Chimchi!
    Chimchi used scratch!
    Wild Bidoof used Tackle!
    Statistics-
    Chimchi- 14/23 green zone
    Bidoof- halfway point in green
    Chimchi used ember
    bidoof was defeated!

bidoof chain stats- 3
    wild bidoof lv.3!
    go Chimchi!
    Chimchi used Ember!
    wild bidoof fainted!
    critical hit!
    Chimchi grew to level 8!

bidoof chain stats- 4
    wild bidoof level 3!
    go chimchi!
    chimchi used ember!
    wild bidoof used tackle!
    Statistics-
    Chimchi- 13/25 yellow zone
    Bidoof- yellow zone
    chimchi used scratch!
    bidoof was defeated!

bidoof chain stats- 5
    wild bidoof (female) level 3!
    go chimchi!
    chimchi used ember!
    a critical hit!
    bidoof fainted!

bidoof chain stats- 6
    wild bidoof (female) level 3!
    go chimchi!
    chimchi used ember!
    a critical hit!
    bidoof fainted

bidoof chain stats- BROKE BY STARLY! grr
    starly (male) level 2!
    go chimchi!
    chimchi used ember
    the wild starly used growl!
    statistics-
    Chimchi- 13/25 yellow
    starly- almost fainted/ red
    chimchi used scratch
    starly was defeated

ran into pokemon center in sandgem town to heal since
    #1- The stinking Starly broke my chain
    and
    #2- Chimchi was in the yellow zone and since I'm going to travel to the next city and there are probobly lots of tough trainers on the way.

Nurse joy healed Chimchi in a flash!

I exited from the pokemon center but went back because I wanted to talk to the three people that were inside the center besides the clerks and nurse joy.

One girl said: The top floor of any pokemon center is the pokemon Communication Club. There, you can have all sorts of fun with your friends.

Another girl said: Talk to that nice lady at the counter and hand her your pokemon. She'll heal your pokemon in no time at all!

The last guy in the pokecenter- an old man said: Do you see that PC over there? That fancy blue one? If you've got pokemon with you, it's free to use.

I exited and walked onto route 202.

I ran into lucas! ( hi sweetie!)

He's showing me how to catch a pokemon! This is his battle to catch
    LUCAS' TURTWIG VURSES WILD BIDOOF!
    Turtwig used tackle
    bidoof used tackle
    turtwig 19/20
    bidoof yellow
    Lucas used one Pokeball!
    GOTCHA! BIDOOF WAS CAUGHT!

And lucas says thats how its done.

HIKARI OBTAINED FIVE POKEMON BALLS!

Hikari put the pokeballs in the pokeballs pocket.

Lucas tells me that with more pokemon comes more adventure!

REAL LIFE ME: This pokemon Diamond game is turning out to be a thrill!

kricketot (female) appeared lv.3
    go Chimchi
    chimchi used scratch (see i dont want to use ember 'cuz its super effective might faint it i want to catch it)
    kriketot used growl
    chimchi used scratch
    kriketot used bide
    Hikari used one pokeball!!
    gotcha! kriketot was caught!
    It shakes its head back to front, causing its antennae to hit each other and sound like a zylaphone.
    Kriketots nickname is LEECHER

wild bidoof (male) appeared lv.4
    go Chimchi
    Chimchi used ember
    wild bidoof used tackle
    hikari used poke ball
    bidoof broke free bidoof used tackle
    chimchi used scratch
    bidoof used tackle
    Hikari used one pokeball
    gotcha! bidoof was caught
    With nerves of steel, nothing can perturb it. It is more agile and active than it appears.
    bidoofs nickname is NEW RATATA
    (no I was not trying to spell rattata.)
    went back to sandgem town.
    entered pokemart
    nurse joy healed CHIMCHI, LEECHER, AND NEW RATATA in a flash!
    changed order of pokemon into Leecher, New Ratata, Chimchi
    Oh look! Leecher was holding the item Metronome!
    What a Metronome is- A pokemon hold item that boosts a move used consecutively. Its effect is reset if another move is used.
    Gave Chimchi the Metronome to hold.
    Entered Poke'mart
    talked to clerk and selected 'buy'.
    bought 15 balls and got a premier ball as a bonus for buying over 10!
    money left is $0.00
    the clerk lady told me to please come again

and thats all for today

Last edited:

SwampertTrainer

The Lord of Photoshop
    Years
  • Just curious, on a scale of 1-10, how much do you expect people to actually read this?

*cough, cough* ...I ask as I start to read it. Can someone delete that?

Last edited:

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • Hey! If I want to post my things as a story I can, I don't care if people read it or not. I just want to have something like that.

ONTOPIC: My team is
    Kricketot (Leecher) level 3,
    Bidoof (New Ratata) level 5,
    Shinx (Zapzy) level 7,
    Chimchar (Chimchi) level 11

Chonlel48

'Tallica and computers ftw
    Years
  • Well, I'm EV training a Vaporeon. Just got back from Gamestop and Pre-Ordered Guitar Hero: On Tour... cuz I had the cash, and didn't know it comes out tomorrow :/.

The on-topic part of this is I got my deoxys from there (saves game in front of delivery dude) and I'm gunna be soft resetting for good IVs, with at least a perfect IV in speed, as I plan to use its speed forme. The first one has cruddy ones, so *starts a barrage of soft resetting*

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • I want some good shinies, so how do you soft reset?

By the way I'm training outside of Jubilife City because I'm not ready to head over to Oreburgh and with the Step Counter (provided by yours truly Poketch), I'll fill up the step counter until every didgit on there is 9 before I stop training. Oh, and I want to share my team's stats and moves with you since my 'stay up 'till 1:30am trying to train' plan worked.

Leecher/kricketot lv.3 (female/Timid Nature)
    Met June 20th 2008, Route 202 met at level 3. Good Perserverance. Likes sweet food.
    5/8/6/7/7
    ability shed skin
    growl, bide
    ---
    new ratata/bidoof lv.6 (male/Impish)
    June 20th 2008, Route 202 met at lv.4 Often Scatters things. Likes sour food.
    11/9/9/10/9
    ability simple
    tackle, growl
    ------
    zapzy/shinx lv.8 (female/docile)
    June 21, 2008, route 202 met at lv.3. Likes to relax. Happily eats anything.
    15/10/11/11/12
    ability rivalry
    tackle, leer
    --------
    Chimchi/Chimchar lv.11 (male/Adamant) item- Metronome
    June 20, 2008, Lake Verity met at lv.5. Quick to flee. Likes spicy food.
    18/15/16/15/21
    ability blaze
    Scrath, leer, ember, taunt
    -----------

Im going to beat the elite 4 as soon as possible because I need the poke'radar to catch shinys!

Years
  • Right now i'm doing a couple of things

1. Im Trying to complete National Pokedex (Just got it)
    2. Trying to find out how to get an evee without trading.
    3. Trying to figure out how to use a Member Card for Darkrai in Canalave
    4. Training
    5. Trying to get every Legendary
    6. Looking for Munchlax
    7. trying to get a 3rd star on my trainer card by doing contest with my Loppunny
    8. Beating the Pokemon League atleast 1 a day

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    I have AWFUL luck!

So I'm looking for a Combee Female to train into Vespiqueen right?

Now, other than the commonly ridiculous trade, I find this girl who wants a Grovyle, a male one (<This bit is significant).

Overjoyed I was like YAY! I have a sceptile to breed. So after a bit of moving pokemon around I get the egg and hatch it, ta-da! A female treecko.

"Whoa! My first female starter-ish pokemon!"

I then train it until it's 16 to evolve it to Grovyle.

I come back and can't trade because it needs to be MALE.

I grumble about it then take a walk outside.

Returning to my game hours later, I decide to make a male treecko and luckily ended up with one. Going through the same training I go to the GTS to trade.

The girl was gone.

WTF?!

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • June 26, 2008

I'm trying to find a Sun Stone to evolve my Gloom (I already evolved the other one with a Leaf Stone). I also discovered the Feugo Ironworks or whatever it's called.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • Pokemon Pearl Journal: Visitor from Space and Contests!

June 16, 2008

I added Quagsire, Croagunk, and Golbat to my team, and headed back into Mt Coronet. Barboach tried out some higher rank pokemon contests, but lost.

June 19, 2008

I finally make it out of Mt Coronet and onto Route 216 where it is lightly snowing. I don't think I dressed appropriately for this. My Milotic and Barboach still need a lot of training, but mostly I used Quagsire, Croagunk, and Golbat to battle the trainers I met along this route. I came across an interesting new pokemon, though. It looks like a little frosty tree or something. I had Quagsire put it to sleep with its Yawn attack, and then was able to catch it. It's called a Snover, and it's a dual ice-grass-type, which is an odd combination.

121. Snover

Later that day, I also found wild Sneasel in the area, and was able to catch one!

122. Sneasel

I already have 6 pokemon with me (counting my RckSmshr) so I had Snover and Sneasel transferred to the Ranch. So I proceeded further north, turning along Route 217. The weather has gone from a light snow to a heavy blizzard. You can barely see the Route! I doubled back to rest in a little cabin I saw on Route 216.

June 21, 2008

The snow is coming down pretty heavy here in northern Sinnoh, yet trainers are still up here training and battling. I had a lot of battles with them to train my team. Croagunk worked hard and evolved into a Toxicroak! Also, during a battle against a rival Golbat, my Golbat evolvved into a Crobat! I think Crobat is one of my more favorite pokemon, and its double wings also make it one of the fastest.

123. Toxicroak

124. Crobat

I decided to climb down through Mt Coronet to come back to some warmer areas and rest up in Celestic Town. As I was traveling through the mountain, I ended up getting lost and exiting a cave onto a high mountain peak. I saw what appeared to be a shooting star soaring through the air, except... it was headed into the atmosphere! It was rocketing towards the east, where it eventually crash landed. From the summit, it appeared to crash near Veilstone City. So, I found my way back out of the mountain, and headed east.

When I eventually reached Veilstone, I discovered it wasn't a shooting star at all, but rather a pokemon! The Sinnoh pokedex had no info on it, but I heard about it before. It's Deoxys. A pokemon from space, and can alter its form slightly to boost its attack, defense, or speed. And I'm finally lucky enough to encounter one!!

June 22, 2008

I traveled back to Hearthome City to enter some more Pokemon Contests with Barboach. We've entered a few Great Rank contests previously, but keep losing, mostly do to the Visual round. So last night I did some studying on how to improve our score in that round. Then we entered 2 contests this morning, a Cool contest and Beauty contest. Our research must have paid off, because Barboach won both contests! The Cool contest was a landslide win, and the Beauty contest was close but Barboach and I have some effective combinations for the appeals round. That makes 7 ribbons for Barboach!

June 26, 2008

The last few days have been spent training both Milotic and Barboach. Iron Island made a perfect training ground for both of them. The rock-type pokemon there made good challenges to help build Barboach's defense. I also entered more pokemon contests with Barboach. We had a few loses, but as of now Barboach won 10 ribbons! Yep, that means it cleared all the Normal and Great Rank Sinnoh Super Contests. We really need to work on the Visual Round. Barboach's combinations do very well in the Appeals Round, Surf if it's first up or the combination of Amnesia and Mud Shot (or Magnitude) for later in the round. Water Spout made a good filler move when needed too. Now, however, Barboach learned Rest as well as Earthquake, making it a tougher battler.

That being said, I decided to compete at Poketopia in some more Colosseum challenges. I think I found quite the winning team with Barboach, Milotic, Toxicroak, Quagsire, Crobat, and Luxray. (I had Luxray transferred to my party.) This team excelled at double battles. It may seem unbalanced, but it worked well in the Crystal Colosseum and Sunny Park Colosseum. (I also beat the Sunset Colosseum, but that was a challenge using random rental pokmon.) I'm up to Rank 4 on those. I still have Magma Colosseum to try, but that's a single battle competition, so I might be better off using a different type of team. It needs work, but this team of 6 might go far with some work.

So, I'm keeping Barboach, transferring the rest to the Ranch. I took my recently captured Snover with me, as well as Mr. Mime, Wormadam (ground), and Finneon. Time to head back to the frozen north.

Shiori-Hikaru

Classy Pumpkin Cutie
    Years
  • Eh, thinking about transfering my Pearl team to Diamond and restarting Pearl.
    Chaining Shinies in Diamond..
    Training my Eevee before I evolve it into Glaceon..

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I've been breeding Magikarp the last two days and dang am I annoyed. I hatch this thing today:

Magikarp
    Adamant
    2 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
    Why did that HP IV have to be so low? D= A quadruple flawless Adamant Karp ruined by a bad HP stat - that just isn't fair. =\ Oh well, it makes a darn good parent. I'm putting it up for trade for anyone interested in breeding a Magikarp of their own or for anyone crazy enough to use a Gyarados with a measly 2 in HP.

Years
  • Started EV training my Gallade next to Flaoroma Town. Run into a Mesprit. Throw out a Quick Ball which twitches twice and then Mesprit flees. Starting to EV train Gallade. Get bored and result to itmains. Only have like 40K so I beat the Poke League twice. Go to buy some Vitamins at Veilston Dep. Store. Anyways, buy 10 of the wrong one (attack which I don't reseel for the Attack). Decide to go and beat the E4 one more time. Still haven't started. Takes 20 mins as Swampert sweeps the place with a bit of help from Dialga and Palkia who 1HKO the tanks like Bronzng and Gastrodon for Swampert.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2008
    I've beaten the elite four and now i'm training my pokemon in the resort area and trying to fill my national dex. Pokemon : Empoleon , Diagla , Roserade , Staraptor , Lucario and Gastrodon.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • I was looking for a shiny buizel today.
    Chained 38, chain broke by a FREAKING PACHIRISU.

DAMN YOU PACHIRISU!

Back