• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Right now I'm currently breeding Pokemon for my breeding center, but it's extremely not working out to great, so pretty soon I'm just going to call it quits and train my breded Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2009
    I finally traded a bunch of my favorite Pokemon in their 40's to Platinum from Pearl, so this is my team (right after the sixth gym):
    Typhlosion (47)
    Staraptor (42)
    Torterra (40)
    Blaziken (48)
    Shaymin (51)
    Kyogre (46)

So I'm having fun. I also have the event Regigigas so I can't wait for more legendary battles.

Years
    In Platinum:

I just got started on a new adventure, and named my rival Marth. I chose Chimchar as the starter Pokemon. In the first battle against my rival, his Piplup used Growl quite a lot! Chimchar was tenacious and fought back.

I went to Sandgem Town and visited Professor Rowan. At the Pokemart, I bought supplies for the journey.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    The first order of business for this update is checking the Honey Trees I'd splattered some Honey on, the night before; I didn't really claim anything new, unfortunately... if I recall, it was just another Combee and Aipom. Oh well...

Anyway, I smeared some more honey on the two trees and progressed along to the east, putting some honey on the tree along that route, also. I pushed forward, taking little damage from the Trainers plastered along the route and boosting the levels of my Pokemon up to around 30. (with a few exceptions in Kirlia and Luxio)

I decided to head over to the Pokemon Center and look around town, before I took on the next Gym Leader, Maylene; picking up a few items, but almost regretably, forgetting to pick up one or two Revives... you'll find out why, soon.

Anyway, I bumped into Lucas, who seemed like his usual self, then leaving me to progress into the Gym. I took down the Gym Trainers, as I progressed towards Maylene, taking out the obstacles blocking the path to her and finally arriving before her.

The battle started off well; my Luxio managed to first Pokemon rather well, but then her Lucario came out... so I did the sensible thing and switched in Monferno. Problem being, Monferno took a Force Palm to the face, got paralysed and forced me into using Mach Punch, which got Monferno KO'ed.

I had to resort to my Gardevoir's Calm Minding up and keeping it alive as I did so; thankfully, she survived, took down Lucario's 65%(ish) health with a +6 Special Attack-boosted Confusion... so naturally, Machoke wasn't surviving at all. I really thought I'd messed up against Maylene, but Gardevoir pulled through. ^^

Anyway, after that, I helped Lucas get his Pokedex back, met with Looker again, who pointed out I should pick up the HM, Fly and basically went back to the Pokemon Center to heal up. I headed south, but didn't get very far (far enough for Luxio to evolve, however) before I went back to check on my trees; nothing too spectacular, as the only Pokemon I hadn't caught was Wurmple from those that I got from the trees. Anyway, I decided it was time to fix up and sort out my Wi-Fi connection with Platinum, so I now have a Friend Code. ^^

Currently heading towards Pastoria City for my fifth Team Member; taking a temporary break in Veilstone City. ^^

Current Pokemon:

Monferno @ Level 32 - Sassy | Mach Punch|flame Wheel|Ember|Taunt
    Luxray @ Level 31 - Docile | Tackle|Bite|Charge|Spark
    Glaceon @ Level 31 - Modest | Ice Beam|Helping Hand|Quick Attack|Sand-Attack
    Gardevoir @ Level 31 - Bold | Confusion|Double Team|Magical Leaf|Calm Mind

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    Platinum:

Just entered the cave to oreburgh city, after trading over my bred pokemon from diamond

Team:
    Charmander
    Ryhorn
    Eevee
    Mudkip
    Open
    Open

Incomplete team, am wondering what i should get for the last slots, and if i should get HM slaves or spread hm's over my pokemon, plan to beat the first gym soon, and evolve my eevee into a leafeon

Years
    In Platinum, an update:

On Route 202, I caught a Shinx and Starly. I arrived in Jubilife City and went to the trainer's school. I delivered the package to my rival and battled the young trainers. On Route 203, I battled rival Marth. I made it to Oreburgh City and battled against gym leader Roark.

Back in Jubilife City, I teamed up with Dawn and battled a mysterious group who identified themselves as Team Galactic. Their purpose has yet to be determined. At the Valley Windworks, a Team Galactic Grunt was standing guard. In the grassy area, I caught a Buizel.

I found a key and unlocked the door to the Valley Windworks. I battled Commander Mars. Her Pokemon are fierce!

I continued onto Route 205 and made it to Eterna Forest. I met a girl named Cheryl. I arrived in Eterna City, and noticed that Team Galactic has set up operations there as well. I battled against Gardenia the gym leader. In Team Galactic's hideout, I battled against Commander Jupiter.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Wow... I have to say that the last 2 minutes were very surprising.
    I went onto Platinum, and stocked up for my attempt to catch Azelf.
    I used two Ice Beams on my Gengar, and on the first Ice Beam I froze it.
    I chucked a Dusk Ball and caught it.
    The first Dusk ball I chucked caught me Azelf. *Win*

Years
    Went into the Water gym to battle Crasher Wake, and my Grotle evolved into a Torterra while fighting the trainers on my way to Wake. My Pokemon were all around level 30-32, and once his Gyarados and Floatzel made their appearances I thought I didn't have a chance. Gyarados was taken care of surprisingly by my Alakazam.

Alakazam uses Psybeam, which confuses Gyarados. Gyarados uses Waterfall which leaves Alakazam hanging on with about 4HP. I get another Psybeam in bringing it to about 1/3 of it's health. Gyarados hurts itself in confusion. Gyarados is now at red health and Wake uses a Hyper Potion. Alakzam uses Psybeam twice, Gyarados hurts itself twice. Now, Alakazam being the faster of the two easily takes care of Gyarados hanging on at 4HP.

Next was Floatzel, level 37. I decide to switch in my level 32 Jolteon. Jolteon has Thunder, and with STAB and a Zap Plate manages to KO Floatzel with just one Thunder after taking a Crunch attack.

Last opponent is Quagsire, which is when I switch in my newly evolved Torterra. I use Leech Seed just in case something happens and I can re-gain a decent amount of health before going down. Quagsire uses Yawn, so Torterra uses Razor Leaf and KOs Quagsire.

Got myself a fifth badge. :D

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Spoiler:

From my last post, I've defeated the Pokemon League^^. The Battle area in Platinum is amazing! I got myself my very own villa, went through Stark Mountain with Buck, got Charon in jail, and got owned by my rival. Yeah, I'm somewhat underleveled, but I'll change that. I love the new outside of Stark Mountain; there's actually lava. Oh, yes, I caught Mesprit on my way to get TM Ice Beam. I was like "No no NO!", but I caught it with one Ultra Ball.. I can't say the same for Cresselia, though.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    I've just recently conquered the Pokemon League, and I am now double battling with my Rival "Caleb" and the two of us are battling Volkner and Flint.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I finally got my Riolu and Budew to evolve into a Lucario and Roselia respectively, and I'm now headed to face the Hearthome Gym. My current team is Monferno, Staravia, Lucario, Roselia, Machop (for Rock Smash, will eventually get an official HM slave) and Eevee (plan on trading to Diamond, evolving to Glaceon, teaching it a few moves and then trading back to Plat).

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I'm still training my Pokemon for I can battle on WiFi and now I'm currently training my Monferno, which will soon become a Infernape.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    Platinum - Azelf

So yeah... So far on Platinum, I've gotten 7 badges, just found Giratina, and the Legendaries went back to their homes.

Caught Azelf on the third try, with a regular pokeball. LOL :3.

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
    good for you, it took 7 tries for me with DuskBalls.. Then I got Uxie, at 5 tries, dusk ball again :3 Well Right Now I just got to the Pokemon League,, I think Im gonna wait to go agianst them and Chase Misprit

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Ending One Journey, Beginning Another!

"Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!"
    -Pokemon Advanced Theme

March 30, 2009

The Ranger Union is seems rather quiet today. After weeks of chasing down Team Dim Sun and protecting the 3 Tears of Princes, everybody seems a little bored with the downtime. Even patrolling Almia for random quests has proved fruitless for many. I checked in on the Manaphy Egg I left in Prof Hastings's care, then decided to make a call to Sinnoh to check on Prof Rowan.

"Hi, Steve," said Prof Rowan's assistant who answered the phone. "We haven't heard from you since your call got cut off from us a few weeks back. Is everything ok?"

"Well, it is now," I said with a little sarcasm. "It was just the wall of the Ranger Union getting blown out by some goons. It's all taken care of though. Is the Professor there? How's the updated Sinnoh Pokedex coming along?"

"Professor Rowan still hasn't returned from Kanto, but he said that the new Pokedex is pretty much finished. I believe he said somewhere around 210 Pokemon that are now native to the Sinnoh region."

"So I've got 59 more to catch," I replied. "I hear that includes some pokemon I've never caught before. I've actually met quite a few new pokemon here in Almia. Magnezone, Tangrowth, Cresselia, and so many others. Actually, just yesterday I completed the Almia Ranger Browser. My final capture was shocking. I discovered a massive legendary pokemon called Regigigas. I had to find all three of the other Regi's, Regirock, Regice, and Registeel to unlock the chamber where he slumbered."

"There's a similar legend here in Sinnoh about a Regigigas that sleeps in the temple near Snowpoint City," the assistant informed me. "If memory serves me correctly, you caught Regirock, Regice, and Registeel when you were in Hoenn, right? You should bring them to Sinnoh and check that out sometime."

"Eventually, I'm sure I will. Well, I guess I'll start saying my goodbyes and start making my journey back to Sinnoh. I'm anxious to start my new journey!"

I placed a quick call to Haley as well. She said all my pokemon were doing well, although there was a strange, small grass-type pokemon that seemed to make its home on the ranch. I bragged about my completing the Ranger Browser and winning in the Capture Arena, both of which I accomplished yesterday. I told her that I also stumbled upon yet another Manaphy egg, much like I did at the end of my Ranger stint in Fiorre. I had to cut my conversation with her short, though, as it seems I'm being called off on another mission… something about Dialga and Palkia being here in Almia, I think I heard someone say!

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    I'm training my Pachirisu right now. I think my goal is just to build up a team of the most "cutesy" Pokémon possible and destroy the Elite 4 with their awesomeness. I'm about to head into Eterna Forest to take a look at the spiffy, new lighting.

Piplup (Lv. 23, F)
    Pachirisu (Lv. 19, F)

EDIT: Both my Pokés are Lv. 28 now. I just beat Gardenia, and actually had quite a bit of trouble with her. The only type-trumping move I had was Pluck, and she would always hit Piplup with a Grass-type move before I could use it. >.< My main strategy was to use Pachi's Sweet Kiss and confuse her entire team, and it worked out pretty well.

Last edited:
    Back