• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
Years
  • Finally managed to beat the Elite 4 and Cynthia! On my second try too! :D I succesfuly caught Giratina aswell,just figuring out how to make it turn into it's Origin Form. Currently,I am trying to complete my Sinnoh dex in order to get my National dex. :P

Current Team
    Torterra - Level 51
    Luxray - Level 47
    Rampardos - Level 47
    Togekiss - Level 47
    Flareon - Level 66
    Vaporeon - Level 63

Flareon and Vaporeon are from my Pearl version. ^__^

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • Last night, my Monferno evolved into a Infernape and now I'm training it so I can move on to some more training with my Piplup.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Last night I decided to start decorating my Villa so I attached my Ambipom with Amulet Coin and battle Volkner, Maylene, Marley, Riley, Waker and Byron at the Battle Ground and also spent a few hours at the e4. Now my Villa has a couch, dresser, television, bed ad one other decoration in it. Now I decided to cool of in Snowpoint City and enjoy the soft Diamond Dust event today. Wonder if that is random or if its there for a reason?

Venasaur001

The Grass Legend
    Years
  • I'm currently started playing Pokemon Pearl since I have got it today and now since I've started, I picked the grass type Pokemon Turtwig.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • Well, yesterday I went to battle the 6th gym leader, Byron.

So I used my Infernape, hoping he would send out a steel type, he did, so I beat it pretty quick. After that was his Steelix, which I would've killed if it wasn't for the hyper potion he used. ;-; I get his Steelix's HP down to yellow, and he beats my Infernape. I send out Luxray, hoping to beat it. I used Bite, making it flinch twice. One more bite, and I beat it. Next up was his Bastiodon, which beat my Luxray with Earthquake. Staravia was my only pokemon left, so I was hoping I could win with him. Well, after Bastiodon's moves all ran out of PP, all he had left was Struggle, and he took a hit from it. I won. x3

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • I finished off all the additional quirks I needed to do in Veilstone City and headed back along the southern route towards Pastoria City. Because of my constant returning to Veilstone, I ended up beating all the trainers, so it was more or less a straight run, excluding random encounters and items; particularly along the last leg, which turns west after the Valor Lake Resort. (I hadn't beaten those trainers)

Anyway, finally arriving in Pastoria, I decided to hit the Safari Zone/Great Marsh first and managed to capture three Wooper and a Quagsire, as well as a Yanma, after a tricky ordeal with them running away, no matter what I did... x.x;; Interestingly enough, I caught an equal number of them that had both abilities the Wooper/Quagsire can have, but opted to go with a Water Absorb Wooper, instead. (the Quagsire was rather Damp, hehehe... ^^;; )

Much of the time after the Great Marsh was spent levelling up Wooper so that it could both learn Earthquake early on (if Level 33 is considered early) and evolve into Quagsire; it can surprisingly evolve at Level 20, where I thought it was much like Slugma and Swablu, in that it evolves much later on... regardless, I succeeded... eventually and finally obtained team member #5!

After obtaining Quagsire, I decided it was time to take on Crasher Wake, but this time, I bought some Revives! I defeated my rival rather quickly and went back to the Pokemon Center to recover, having forgotten from my Japanese version that he battles you in Pastoria earlier... anyway, I took out all of Wake's Gym Trainers and proceeded to challenge Wake, not at all surprised to see nothing had changed with him... him sending out Gyarados and my sending Luxray.
    I decided Gardevoir could take on Wake's own Quagsire, while I left my Quagsire to defeat Floatzel, which was aided by his insistence to use Water type attacks. (makes me glad I opted for Water Absorb~ )

Anyway, having completed that hassle, it was up to me to chase down the nasty Galactic Grunt that caused an explosion in the Great Marsh, but as usual, he plondered off, passing Cynthia as he went. Now equipped with the SecretPotion, I proceeded to Route 210, where I would not be able to get rid of those Psyduck and obtain the 6th and final Pokemon for my team! But before that, I progressed along the western route from Pastoria, back to Hearthome.

After cleaning up along the west, and then heading north back to Hearthome City, I paid a quick visit to the Pokemon Center, then went to clear out those chronically suffering Psyduck. After a quick scene with Cynthia 'suddenly' appearing again, I got the Old Charm and progressed along the northern section of Route 210 to Celestic Town, picking up a couple Swablu along the way. The battles from here to Canalave City all involved me training Swablu to the point of its evolution, which didn't happen before Monferno finally evolved into Infernape, leaving Swablu as the only Pokemon not to evolve in my proposed team.

In Celestic Town, I took out the Galactic Invasion; including their leader and obtained the HM Surf from Cynthia's grandma. I personally think Cynthia is much more of a stalker in Platinum, because she appeared again to let me know that there is a library in Canalave City, to the West of Jubilife City.

Ignoring this for now, I went to Route 207 to complete the cave where you find the young girl and help her out of the cave, since I had not done so, earlier. It was mostly to train Swablu some more, but the battles only progressed Swablu's level by one. (Sing hit a surprisingly high number of times, too...)

Anyway, having completed that little side-quest, I progressed to Jubilife and across to the west towards Canalave, where I battled a few trainers and my rival, once again. Interestingly enough, his Staraptor and Rapidash killed themselves with Take Down... but Quagsire was for the win, dealing a healthy pair of Earthquakes on his Steel-typed Empoleon. Thankfully, this also marked the time where Swablu's training had finally paid off, and it evolved into Altaria, completing my proposed team!

At current, I am attempting to travel through Iron Island with Riley, to claim a Riolu Egg before I take on Byron. ^^

Current Pokemon: - Proposed team Complete~

Infernape @ Level 36 - Sassy | Mach Punch|Flame Wheel|Close Combat|Taunt
    Luxray @ Level 36 - Docile | Thunder Fang|Bite|Charge|Spark
    Glaceon @ Level 36 - Modest | Ice Beam|Helping Hand|Ice Shard|Sand-Attack
    Gardevoir @ Level 36 - Bold | Confusion|Psychic|Magical Leaf|Calm Mind
    Quagsire @ Level 36 - Relaxed | Surf|Yawn|Earthquake|Amnesia
    Altaria @ Level 35 - Careful | Sing|DragonBreath|Safeguard|Fly

Venasaur001

The Grass Legend
    Years
  • I have beaten the first gym leader and my Turtwig evolved into Grotle and currently I'm heading towards the second gym leader. I also caught a Seedot and evolved it into a Roselia.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • On Platinum, I just caught Heatran not too long ago. I changed Luxray's nickname from Larynx to Liger because I recently discovered that the Larynx is a human body part, and that's really weird.. I've been hunting Cresselia, having taught Crobat Mean Look. Hopefully she won't get away again. I haven't done much, but I forgot my team update in my last post.

Terrace/Torterra, lv57
    -Earthquake
    -Razor Leaf
    -Crunch
    -Synthesis

Tabaz/Crobat, lv54
    -X-Scissor
    -Mean Look
    -Fly
    -Cross Poison

Liger/Luxray
    -Strength
    -Charge
    -Spark
    -Crunch

Vivi/Vaporeon, lv54
    -Surf
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Beam
    -Aqua Ring

Stellar/Gardevoir, lv54
    -Psychic
    -Magical Leaf
    -Wish
    -Calm Mind

Sephira/Garchomp, lv57
    -Fire Fang
    -Dig
    -Dragon Claw
    -Rock Climb (What? I still need it xD)

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • I did a bit of training at Iron Island to get my Torterra to level 40 and to level up my Gible, but from my less then stellar performance at Byron's gym, it looks like I'll be heading back!

Current team: Torterra (40) Gabite (34) Staraptor (35) Jolteon (34) and Houndoom (33)

Keahi

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • I've decided to train my Pokemon at the Elite Four because it'll be easier.

Pokemon in Team:
    1. Infernape
    2. Torterra (currently training him with Exp. Share)
    3. Starvia
    4. Infernape
    5. Luxray
    6. Dragonair

Venasaur001

The Grass Legend
    Years
  • Now, I currently defeated the second gym leader with my caught Starly and it's now a Staravia.

Pokemon Team
    1. Grotle
    2. Staravia
    3. Roselia

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Current team
    @ Level 58
    @ Level 54
    @ Level 47
    @ Level 44
    @ Level 26

I temporarily stored my Floatzel and I taught my pokemon better moves in preparation for Mt. Coronet. I have 7 badges and I just pwned Cyrus with little difficulty. Uhh, I KINDA got lost and kept backtracking in the Distortion World. Even so, it was very fun.. Especially surfing upside down. I'm currently saved in front of Giratina in order to SR for a decent nature. I would have SR'd for a shiny, but I forgot a Synch'r and I want to beat the game very soon..

Zuckerspatz

Gotta Help 'Em All!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Been breeding Heracross' for the past hour or so, trying to get an adamant one.
    No such luck...

Years
  • Platinum Journal

It was raining on Route 215. I arrived in Veilstone City, and went to challenge gym leader Maylene. It was a fun battle! In Team Galactic's warehouse, I obtained HM 02 Fly.

When I reached Pastoria, I battled gym leader Wake. I arrived in Celestic Town. I stopped by the town's shop to replenish on supplies I was begginning to run low on.

Then, at Iron Island, I met a man named Riley. He gave me a Pokemon Egg.

xdiamond mattx

PKMN Trainer
    Years
    • Age 28
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 9, 2009
    My journey started in my room eating my skittles,i watched SpongeBob in TV and i was clapping like a little boy :3

Then i got out my house and bought 5 pokeball's...And then my journey begin's -Zelda theme plays-

I went to Hard obstacles...such as the mud in...idk....

Then it was the snowy path where i had to go see my rival...I made snow angel's there too! :D!

And then there was orgin giratina...i just used teh master ball and got a lonly nature!

And finaly..I went to the elite four....Once i became teh champ....I WANTED WORLD DOMINATION!!! >:D!!!

Then i got knocked out and ended up in my room for some reason.

That was my adventure. :3

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I finally got my Riolu and Budew to evolve into a Lucario and Roselia respectively, and I'm now headed to face the Hearthome Gym. My current team is Monferno, Staravia, Lucario, Roselia, Machop (for Rock Smash, will eventually get an official HM slave) and Eevee (plan on trading to Diamond, evolving to Glaceon, teaching it a few moves and then trading back to Plat).

Update:

As of today I've received my fourth gym badge and headed for Pastoria. I recently got tired of My Glaceon being so weak compared to the rest of my team, so I boxed him and caught a Kadabra. Seeing as there are no loss of moves when you evolve it to Alakazam, I evolved it, giving me my first fully evolved Pokemon (Monferno's turn will come soon). Also, I've been nicknaming all my Pokemon so that they'd reference DBZ in some way. Here are the names:

Saiyan (Monferno)
    Nimbus (Staravia)
    Piccolo (Roselia)
    Goku (Lucario)
    Roshi (Alakazam)
    Krillin (Machop)

All in their high twenties except Machop.

Venasaur001

The Grass Legend
    Years
  • I've now defeated the third gym leader, it took me along time though, but I managed to beat the gym leader.

Pokemon Team
    1. Grotle
    2. Staravia.
    3. Luxio
    4. Roselia

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i preordered the game and paid in full a while ago and thought it was going to come out in april. so to my surprise, they call me and i got it on saturday. played for a few hours and got to the Lake mission.

i went to the lake near your hometown where you have to have a double battle with the galactic runts and the game froze on me in the double battle. i hadn't saved since the beginning of the game so i had to start all over, but haven't really played since then. shame because torterra was upward of level 56 and staraptor 46. they're really the only pokes i used heh

has anyone else had this happen to them?

oh and just a protip: go to options, increase the text speed to high and turn off the battle effects. this will reduce play time by sooo much.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • On diamond I Am about to beat team galactic on mt coronet on my togekiss run, on pearl Im soon to start a monotype run.

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Just got a shiny pidgy from the GTS for a suicune.

Back