• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
  • Me and my friend started a challange yesterday we choose 3 pokes that we like to use on a run through the game and we will baattle eachother before 1st gym , before 3rd and so on every 2nd gym I play on platinum and my friend on pearl:

My pokes of choice(from eggs traded):

Trapinch(will be flygon)
    Eevee(will be leafeon)
    Feebas(will be milotic)

My friends pokes:

Pikachu(lightball)
    Shroomish(to be breloom)
    Zubat(to be crobat)

Alec_

Years
  • Just finished Pokemon Platinum! Defeated the Elite four and the Champion easily. * pawn them all in 1 hit. K.O XD;;. just kiddin` :PP. actually it was hard for me haha! * ( I restarted it :PP ). Yay!. Haha XD;;

~Fairytales.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Elite 4 time!

Team
    Torterra lv.65
    Staraptor lv.60
    Electrivire lv.60
    Rapidash lv.60
    Spiritomb lv.58
    Golem lv.58

Aaron
    Easy, Staraptor easily defeated 3 of his pokémon until he was defeated by Drapion's ice fang, however, Rapidash came in and took are of drapion and Scizor.

Bertha
    Easy, Torterra defeated the majority of her team except for Gliscor which Spiritomb defeated.

Flint
    Average, Staraptor took down Houndoom and Flareon with ease until Magmortar came and and defeated Staraptor and Spiritomb, Golem eventually defeated the rest of his pokémon with Earthquake and Rock Slide.

Lucian
    Quite hard, firstly, Mr.mime uses light screen which took Spiritomb took out with 3 Dark Pulses to defeat, next up was Espeon, which also took spiritomb 3 dark pulses to defeat, after that Rapidash bearly knocks out Bronzong. Electrivire then defeats both Gallade and Alakazam.

Next up, Champion Cynthia

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Oh, let's see here. . . I bred about 15 Seedot until I found a Hasty Chlorophyll one. I won ANOTHER Ultra Ball in the Loto. Then I went to a move tutor to teach Seedot Seed Bomb. I battled until it got Pokerus, and used the extra money on my Villa. As of right now, I'm EVing the Seedot.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Well, I started a new game on Pearl, and chose a Turtwig. Since I didn't want to use my starter, I caught a Starly and traded both to my Diamond in exchange for a Cyndaquil and Riolu. After about thirty minutes of battling, I got each to level 7

Years
  • Got all the Sinnoh legendaries except Giratina...everytime I get close to catching him, he knocks himself out with struggle. Currently waiting for the next Nintendo event so I can get the hidden ones, while I work on finishing my National Pokedex.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • Platinum

First thing I did recently was catch a few Pokemon. In honey trees I found a male Aipom and a female Combee, both of which I caught. I also caught a Gastly in the Eterna Forest, and Bronzor in Route 211. Sadly, I had to take Shadowfax, my Ponyta, off my team, because I already had a Fire-type (a Monferno) on it--which was a shame because his Flame Wheel was the strongest attack any of my teammates had.

I replaced Shadowfax with the Bronzor I just caught, which I nicknamed Ferrum (after an old Latin word for iron). I primarily put it there because of its high defenses and the fact that it's psychic-type and knows Confuse Ray, one of my favourite attacks.

I also added a Buizel I caught before to my team, naming it Weasley. So far my team consists of:

Imp (female Monferno)
    Electra (female Luxio)
    Erika (female Budew)
    Vul (male Staravia)
    Weasley (male Buizel)
    Ferrum (Bronzor)

All I did afterward was train my team a bit. Ferrum just learned Extrasensory last night, a huge improvement over Confusion. Erika's been holding a Soothe Bell ever since I got it, but she's at level 20 now and still hasn't evolved... But that hardly matters, as she won't be of much use in the battle with Gardenia.

Speaking of the battle with Gardenia, I think for this battle I'll temporarily put Shadowfax back on my team, since he's Fire-type--and I'll have Weasley sit it out. After all, I bet Gardenia's Pokemon could easily KO even a level 20 Buizel.

Diamond

Training, training, training... always the same. Well, not quite. Some of my Pokemon have grown quite a few levels in the past few days, most notably my Froslass, who grew ten levels. She's now at level 40. Also, I took her to the Move Relearner, where she learned Confuse Ray and Ominous Wind.

I spent most of this morning training Arthur and Guinevere, my Gallade/Gardevoir couple. A couple of days ago they learned Psycho Cut and Psychic, respectively, an improvement over Confusion (especially on Arthur's part, because his Special Attack is lower). First they trained in Route 211, then Route 218--although there, Arthur had a problem with the Mr. Mime, and Guinevere had a problem with the Floatzel. For a while, Guinevere did a lot better in her training than Arthur did, because Arthur had problems with the Graveler on Route 211 and in Mt. Coronet (he fainted once from Selfdestruct) and couldn't do as much damage with Shadow Ball. But after I took Arthur to the Move Relearner to learn Leaf Blade, he did a lot better. He's catching up to Guinevere level-wise; he's at level 38 and she's at 39.
    (In case you're wondering about the Shadow Ball, both of them know it because I bred them for it. Their father--a Drifblim--knew Shadow Ball.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • So, after almost 2 years, and with 334 hours on the clock, my Diamond team is coming together nicely.

I've caught 490 so far, so now have 2 badges, but want to complete the battle tower. So far my team is:

Spiritomb (level 100)
    EV trained in SPAttack and HP

Porygon (level 65)
    Modest
    EV trained SPAttack and SPDefence
    High IV in HP

Probopass (level 61)
    Modest
    EV trained in HP, SPAttack, and SPDefence.

I'm thinking I need something with some good physical attacks. I like going for the slightly odd pokemon.

Been rinsing the GTS to get hold of lots of legendaries. Still need Raikou, Lugia, and Latios, but I should be able to get these from my GC and GBA games. Managed to get an event Entei from GTS.

No idea how I'll get Deoxys, Shaymin or Arceus since I haven't even 'seen' them yet.

Still never seen a shiny, and need to get to grips with poffins/berries/contests.

There's so much to do in this game, I love it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2011
    I just completed Platinum, and I've got every gold symbol in the battle frontier, so it's all good. Currently I'm breeding Goldeen like mad, to get a modest one with decent IVs. My current team consists of Infernape, Jolteon, Seaking, Gardevoir, Froslass, and Flareon. They're all EV Trained and are all level 100. I've 'seen' 480 in my Pokedex and I've 'caught' 436 Pokemon, but I'm still transferring over all my Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl, so I'll soon have a complete Pokedex :-) except for Arceus of course. I've come across 13 shinies so far, and I've caught 10 of them. My game playing time is only 108 hours. I'm pleased with that to be honest.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2011
    I've finished transferring over all of the Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl to Platinum, and am now ready to really start playing Pokemon Platinum competitively. I'm going to start by breeding a perfect Modest Psyduck, which isn't going to take long. It might seem odd, but I used a Specs Psyduck on Shoddy, and it worked wonders, annihilating pretty much every team I faced all by itself. I spent an hour of yesterday breeding a decent Goldeen, which I've turned into a standard Seaking.

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • Working on my Eevee team right now. I'm working on leveling my soon-to-be-Espeon up, but I won't let him evolve until he learns Bite. My Umbreon, Midnight, is level 51.

Empoleon is level 80, Staraptor at 77, Luxray at 76 (and Lucario too). Gengar's also at level 51.

Also, the last wandering legendary I have to catch is Moltres.

Silhouette

Years
  • Finally, I finished Seedot. I evolved it twice, ending up to be a Shiftry. I took it to the move relearner, and taught it Fake Out and Faint Attack. It had Seed Bomb from one of the Move Tutors. I took it through the Double Battle Tower, and it did pretty well. It's defenses are frail, but it's really quick when the Sunny Day is set up. My double-battle team is finally coming together. I just want to nickname Mr. Mime and Shiftry something pretty cool.

Years
  • I still haven't beaten my copy of US Platinum.
    Well, by beaten, I mean beaten the E4 and gotten the national dex XD;

A few days ago, I hatched a few Eevee, (Leon and Eefi), and my prime objective was to increase their happiness to the point of evolution to Umbreon and Espeon respectively so I could get dex entries early on :B

Once accomplishing that, I began my major task:
    Hatch a Female Combee.
    Of course, that required me to catch one first. The one I caught was male, tragically, and then I put him into the Day care where I began to hatch eggs.

And eggs.
    And more eggs.

I was getting fed up with the male combee that were hatching [I was releasing each male, mind you] to the point of frustration and giving up, when finally..
    ~ a female Combee hatched ~

[her name is Betty :cool:]

Enthralled, I hatched the rest of the pokemon in my party and began leveling her up.

Currently, she's on level nineteen.
    Oh, Vespiquen, I almost have you in my dex :cool:!

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
  • So, I just got my Platinum, Pearl, and Diamond games Thursday and decided to play my Platinum game first. Today, three days later, I beat the elite four and Cynthia and have seen 209 pokemon. Of the legendaries available to me thus far, I've caught Giratina, Uxie, and Azelf, to add to the Suicune, Entei, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Groudon, and Kyogre that I'm going to transfer over from my GBA games when PalPark is open to me. Now I just have to wait until 8 pm to get Rotom from the Old Chateau and upgrade to the National pokedex. My team is currently Empoleon, Staraptor, Giratina, Luxray, Rapidash, and Espeon :)

Last edited:

Silhouette

Years
  • Meh, nothing much happened today. I got my Gardevoir a Footstep Ribbon, and took Torterra through Amity Square. I won a lousy Nugget in Scratch-offs, and an even lousier Ultra Ball in the lottery. I got a Heart Scale from the News Press dude in Solaceon. I started to make some ball capsules, training my in game team afterward, rounding them all off to level 65.

Back