• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

Years
  • Started playing Platinum again the other day after a several month hiatus. I still haven't gotten around to doing the Battle Frontier stuff. I'm currently EV training my team.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • Finally beat the Elite Four on my Diamond by restarting using a lot of TM's and healing junk.

Then, I got mystery gift on Diamond, and went to Toys R Us and got some Arceus on my Dia and Plat.

Years
  • Zangoose now has all his EV's. Now I just have to train him up to level 100...

Oh yes, I got Arceus yesterday too. Then I found out I had been pronouncing his name wrong this whole time...

Years
  • Did the Mt Coronet and Distortion world storyline, caught Giaratina. From there to beating Sunnyshore city was a breeze. Now i'm kinda stuck cos i need Waterfall to get to Victory Road. I have 4 pokemon and 2 HM slaves, the only one i can teach Waterfall to is full of HM's and they can't forget them, so i will just need to quickly make a Victory Road adequate HM Slave, easy.

Enjoyed making progress in the game again, after a long time. Team is looking a bit unbalanced though, Torterra, Zolteon, Staraptor and Togekiss. Good in certain situations, but i could only really use Torterra against the last gym leader. Also i missed out on that wifi mystery gift event, which sucks but was totally my fault.

Years
  • I decided I'm going to start hunting for some shinies. I have never caught a shiny myself, excluding Gyarados from GSC, so I figure I might do that.

I also decided I need to clean out my PC. In my effort to get a team of Pokemon with just the right natures, I have constructed a small army inside my boxes. It's going to take a while to release all of them...

After I'm done with all that, plus the Battle Frontier, I'm gonna start filling up my Pokedex some more. So much to do...

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
  • I'm alternating between EV training my Flygon, and challenging the Tough Contests. Flygon is almost at level 90, and I've won the Normal, Super, and Ultra rank Tough contests. I have yet to win the Master Ranks, since Jasmine and my mother (in the game) keep beating me. I find it sort of funny :P

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Catching Dialga

This made me simply go "LOL".

Okay, I battled Team Galactic at Mt.Coronet and Dialga was next. So I thought that I should save my game before the legendary encounter and etc. But I didn't save by accident and our fight started. I used my Lv.48 Espeon. It simply used Dig 3 times in a row and made Dialgas HP red. Then I randomly thought "why not throw an ordinary pokeball at it?". So I did. AND IT WORKED xD WIth my FIRST try. And I used only one pokemon, which didn't faint without items. And I didn't save..

I'm a lucky one, huh.

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Restarted my game (Diamond) 2 days ago, and I'm about to go up against Crasher Wake.
    I'm having trouble making a team, so far it's:

Lv 32 Torterra: Mega Drain, Bite, Earthquake, & Razor Leaf
    Lv 30 Saravia: Endeavor, Aerial Ace, Wing Attack, & Quick Attack
    Lv 28 Machoke: Vital Throw, Strength, Revenge, & Low Kick
    Lv 28 Psyduck: Water Pulse, Water Gun, Confusion, & Disable

Any advice for an electric of water type? I'm thinking Magmar once I get Surf :/

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • So, I finally accessed Platinum again. I did a few trades with my friend, but while he was getting off the bus, HE DECIDED TO TRADE ME A GRAVELER, which means that while the bus was moving off, we lost connection. Thus he doesn't get his level 9 Steelix tonight. >.<

But I got a Politoed! :D

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • At the moment in Platinum, I'm still working on my pokédex. I have every pokémon from #1-68, so now I'm onto #69-110 :D

In between all this, I'm also working on my team and about to start EV training myself my first ever competitive team, UU-based.

I'm also soft-resetting for a shiny Omanyte to transfer to SS when I get it - a cute little purple Omastar following me around sounds great!

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • I traded Jermi back his Steelix since it didn't go through yesterday. :\

I also need to keep playing a few other games to transfer them over to my game. (LeafGreen and Ruby.)

And maybe I should actually start playing Platinum again... o_o I've neglected to polish Roark's badge... T^T And I should go visit the Villa again..

But I think that a new goal is to train a Weavile. They've become my new favorite Pokemon for some reason. O.o Maybe because it was my last-day Halloween costume idea.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm trying to train Zangoose up to level 53 so he can learn Close Combat, but my Vs. Seeker isn't working on anyone in the Survival Area T_T

Meanwhile I've been doing a lot of chaining to try and find some shiny Pokemon since I've never caught one myself before, but I guess I'm just not lucky enough...

Years
  • Finally Caught Giratina

So it took me forever to catch Giratina. After endless restarts and storming out of Turnback Cave in frustration, I caught it. With one ultra-ball. I started with Raichu and paralyzed it (quick claw), then I switched to Empolean and hosed it down into the red. Then I threw an ultra-ball and caught it. So now it's mine, collecting dust in my inbox while I work on a longer and more arduous task; making my TRU Arceus love me.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • I'm the champ

Finally I've beaten the Elite four and the Champion. On my first try, by the way...And the second time in playing 4th gen games. A good amount of revives and hiper potions helped me out. And guess who beat Garchomp? Lestat, my Sceptile! Flash rocks...<3
    And wtf, the Elite four was so overleveled >_>

- Houndoom Lv58
    - Sceptile Lv56
    - Blaziken Lv56
    - Swampert Lv54
    - Togekiss Lv55
    - Espeon Lv52

And now I'll finish my Sinnoh pokedex. Only the three Lake pokemon are left to be seen and then I'll get the national one.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • I'm currently EV training my SS team on my Pearl version. When everything is EV trained and evolved the team will be:
    -Driflimb
    -Blaziken
    -Starmie
    -Tangwroth
    -Snorlax
    -Electrode

I'm so exited because I just made sure I was doing it right and my Pokemon were getting max Evs!

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • I journeyed through the pitch black void for Darkrai and Shaymin. I will start over and do that again after catching Cresselia, because the first Darkrai went to my friend. (His game.)
    Now I'm at Sunyshore. Because of the glitch, I was able to skip Pastoria completely. I'll go there when I'm done with Victory Road. =P

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
  • Just arrived in Hearthome City, after lwveling up my Buneary on Cycling Road, and then having my Monferno evolve to Infernape 8D

Beating Fantina is next on the agenda, before I go gring Staravia to Staraptor and go catch a Gible.

I also want to go back and catch a Buizel, and possibly a Shellos, but hey, I'm lazyy :3 Togepi seems almost ready to hatch, though it'll be PC'd asap. I'm also thinking of catching a Shinx soon, and a Gastly. yay backtracking. I... allllso want a grass type for Crasher Wake and Malyka, my rival. :3

kteam

Infernape; Level 36
    Buneary; Level 24
    Staravia; Level 29
    Graveller; Level 25
    Biddof; Level 4
    Egg; Level ... nothing :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2009
    I got level 99 guys all the time, its not that hard yano

blastoise and dragonite are quite possibly the best

oh, the sky dude? yeah. i got him pretty easily. what did u name him? i named him Alfred

hahaha, thats awesome dude! I wish I could do stuff like that

yea, zangoose is a wild one alright! I caught a few the other day and dropped them at the day-care center and they're growing like crazy, you should try it guys!

im so exited to man. its amazing, whats in the air. PokeMania, huh? hahaha !

hey. i love pokemon. they should really exist

does anyone know how I can beat the fifth the gym leader?

pokemon, gotta catchem all POKEMON!!

whats the deal with misty? is SHE ever coming back?

thats really cool dude. i love pokemon!

Last edited:

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Exploring the Stark Mountain currently. It's my first time there and man, it's pretty hard and confusing o_O

Also...I'm planning to make a new EVd team for the Battle Tower. I don't really know all of the details yet about this special training, but hey, I want to give it a try.

Last edited:
    Back