• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Remakes Speculation and Discussion

Enigmatic Emolga

abandoned account, pls delete if seen
Years
  • It doesn't needs a remake now I guess cause original sinnoh games are still not so old or outdated.
    This. Also, 3DSes can play DS games, so I think our best hope of getting Sinnoh remakes will be when a console that's incompatible with DS games comes along. The whole thing with remakes being made because of incompatible games can be seen with Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. DSes can't play GBC games, and 3DSes can't play GBA games in cartridge form.

Years
  • This. Also, 3DSes can play DS games, so I think our best hope of getting Sinnoh remakes will be when a console that's incompatible with DS games comes along. The whole thing with remakes being made because of incompatible games can be seen with Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. DSes can't play GBC games, and 3DSes can't play GBA games in cartridge form.

This dude is right, the reasoning behind remakes is that when a new console comes out, some of the previous consoles' stuff are incompatible with it (in fact we've had a fair bit of recent consoles in general that lacked backwards compatibility) and so they remedy the issue by remaking the games with the current generation's mechanics.

I remember when everyone thought 5th Gen was going to see a Hoenn remake, but that was thrown out the window when X & Y (which ended up being a new generation altogether) was announced. We eventually ended up getting it in the form of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, during 6th Gen. This pretty much assumes they'll do a new remake for when a new handheld console comes out, such as Kanto getting remade for GBA, Johto for DS and now Hoenn for 3DS.

They don't need a remake. The Sinnoh games still look good, They're playable.
    And you can use them on the 3DS as well, So GF is not going to do a remake.
    By the way did you noticed how the remakes work?, It's really easy R/S/E was the 3rd gen, Right? on the 6th one they released the remakes. It happens the same with HG/SS, So I think the D/P remakes are going to be on the 8th gen.

I still think we'll get one more new game before 6th Gen ends, so maybe we could see the next console coming in 2016 and then have the 7th Gen announced around that time as well. If the new handheld is incompatible with DS games, then a Sinnoh remake (and maybe even Unova too since those games were on DS like Sinnoh) could definitely be on the cards.

However, we all have to know that there will be a certainty of Veilstone City's Game Corner getting kicked out (due to Europe's anti-gambling approach and the whole kid-friendly thing) so we could see that city getting a huge redesign like Mauville City got, or maybe keep the old design with a brand-new building in its place.

Also, about the point of Black & White treating Platinum as canonical, I could likely see the remakes mainly being based around Diamond & Pearl, but add Platinum elements in. Platinum's expanded Pokedex I could see, given how badly D/P's Sinnoh Dex was in terms of type distribution.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    instead of a sinnoh remake(never one of my favs although it had nice spots) would be a remake of the first generation seeing it was only remade for gba last.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I definitely agree on generation four remakes being primarily based off Diamond and Pearl, with Platinum components added alongside.

This formula has been their tradition, so to speak; whenever creating remakes and whatnot, they tend to focus on original titles rather than third installment, and I could imagine same being applied here (am sure many others could agree). HeartGold and SoulSilver are two, great examples; remakes of Gold and Silver, with Crystal events and features implemented.

I'm very much interested to see how it all goes!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • This dude is right, the reasoning behind remakes is that when a new console comes out, some of the previous consoles' stuff are incompatible with it (in fact we've had a fair bit of recent consoles in general that lacked backwards compatibility) and so they remedy the issue by remaking the games with the current generation's mechanics.

I remember when everyone thought 5th Gen was going to see a Hoenn remake, but that was thrown out the window when X & Y (which ended up being a new generation altogether) was announced. We eventually ended up getting it in the form of Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, during 6th Gen. This pretty much assumes they'll do a new remake for when a new handheld console comes out, such as Kanto getting remade for GBA, Johto for DS and now Hoenn for 3DS.

I still think we'll get one more new game before 6th Gen ends, so maybe we could see the next console coming in 2016 and then have the 7th Gen announced around that time as well. If the new handheld is incompatible with DS games, then a Sinnoh remake (and maybe even Unova too since those games were on DS like Sinnoh) could definitely be on the cards.

However, we all have to know that there will be a certainty of Veilstone City's Game Corner getting kicked out (due to Europe's anti-gambling approach and the whole kid-friendly thing) so we could see that city getting a huge redesign like Mauville City got, or maybe keep the old design with a brand-new building in its place.

Also, about the point of Black & White treating Platinum as canonical, I could likely see the remakes mainly being based around Diamond & Pearl, but add Platinum elements in. Platinum's expanded Pokedex I could see, given how badly D/P's Sinnoh Dex was in terms of type distribution.
    Currently I see Gen VII pulling either a Gen II or Gen V on us device wise. By Gen II I mean the original pair will be comparable with the previous Gen's device but the third and beyond if there's more will be exclusive to the new device (which at this point could be the New 3DS). If a Gen V then it'll be comparable with both for all of it's life with minor enhancements for the New 3DS (Or another variant. I don't see Nintendo introducing a new device just yet. Though the GBA did only last like 4 or 3 years before the original DS came out, but the DS lasted 7 years. Since game devices are lasting longer and longer before a new, more advance installment I see the new device coming out by 2018 (If they do Z for 2015 they could do Gen VII 2016, third version 2017, Gen VIII pair 2018, Gen VIII third version 2019, and end that Gen with DP remakes 2020).

There is a way they could keep BW's words canon as they could have a Platinum or whatever Episode and have the Distortion world be involved, perhaps with Arceus playing a role (with Giratina attacking it and threatening to Shallow all of Sinnoh into it's world) similar to Deoxys' in the Delta Episode but larger, with it being obtainable later.

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years
  • If there are gonna be Sinnoh remakes, I can imagine them not coming until the distant future, possibly on the next handheld. Just look at the distance between GS and HGSS or RS and ORAS.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't feel that they will be releasing these remakes on 3DS, either.

Although Nintendo 3DS console is still rather new and likely has years left in itself, from looks of things, GameFreak has never seemed to have two remakes for one handheld system. 3DS might have capabilities for very advanced graphics and whatnot, but I believe they will be following the same formula here and introduce them on their newer handheld console.

Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum are still being played by a lot of people, anyway, which might be another reason as to why they wouldn't be wanting to announce their remakes this soon.

Years
  • I don't feel that they will be releasing these remakes on 3DS, either.

Although Nintendo 3DS console is still rather new and likely has years left in itself, from looks of things, GameFreak has never seemed to have two (pairs of) remakes for one handheld system. 3DS might have capabilities for very advanced graphics and whatnot, but I believe they will be following the same formula here and introduce them on their newer handheld console.

Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum are still being played by a lot of people, anyway, which might be another reason as to why they wouldn't be wanting to announce their remakes this soon.

I agree. I also feel that due to the 3DS likely having awhile to go that DPP will be remade for Gen VIII. Perhaps they go with a sequel for the original pair of that Gen, while for those generations with remakes they give the new pair a third version instead. However the New 3DS may fill in the void. If my theory of DP coming out by 2020 is true then it'll mean GF would've released a game every year, and that's bound to tire out fans. Now if they go with Z 2015 or 2016 (as there's a movie that usually involves the mascot that comes around the time of the third version/sequels as a way of promoting the game, unless Zygarde if in 'Pokemon the Movie 2015'). Then we can have Gen VII 2017, third version/sequels to that in 2018 or 2019, and remakes of DP by 2020 (following the Gen IV model of remakes since OrAs followed the model of remakes used during the generation of it's originals so it'll be fitting for Gen IV to do the same).

Actually if GF wants (which as far as we know we have no idea if they do) all starters to have Megas without introducing two whole sets of Megas in a single game then DP remakes coming sooner would help fulfill that quicker until BW remakes/ 'Grey' and/or B2W2/ 'Grey 2 or even sequels comes out to finish them off. Basically I see it being Kalos starters for 'Z', Johto for Gen VII pair, Gen VII region starters get Megas in third version, Sinnoh Megas in remakes. Gen VIII starters get Megas in initial pair, Unova megas for their remakes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I don't think these remakes will happen anytime soon (at least, not until they remake Gen 1 again, as it's the last Gen unavailable on the 3DS), but to help get a conversation going...

How much of Platinum do you want to see acknowledged in theoretical DP remakes? FRLG and ORAS mostly ignored their respective Third Versions, while HGSS actually integrated it into the paired games' storyline, so it's a toss-up on what they do with DP remakes.

Years
  • I think they'll go on the same route as they did with ORAS and have a "insert possible Platinum remake's first word" Episode with Giratina. Except unlike Rayquaza which was depicted as a savior Giratina will act as a chaotic rather than as a calming force. I imagine it attacking Arceus. Perhaps Arceus will be caught first and we'll use it to stop Giratina (godly/holy creature versus edritch like forme changing creature like it was with the Delta Episode).

Though I wouldn't mind if they had both mascots be obtainable in game. With Giratina taking the opposite version mascot away into it's world thus outraging the mascot.

AriArk

Survey Corps
    Years
  • No, don't talk about game freak ruining my favourite game of the series. 6th gen, for me, has been the worst yet, it's gotten too easy. I don't want that happening to 4th gen too, it's just too good. When they do, however, create these remakes, I would like for them to stay as close to the originals as possible, preferably more like platinum. It would be great to be just a 3D version of Platinum, just you catch Palkia/Dialga instead XD

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • I'm going to put myself in the pro-remake category for one reason - EVERY PRE-GEN V GAME WAS NOT IN 3D. As in not a 3D world. I feel that not giving the other gens besides 3 a chance to be seen with that level of depth is really unfair to them. I've actually found myself thinking all through ORAS how much I could have waited on HeartGold/SoulSilver if it had been like this.

Sinnoh remake? Yes. I think more than any generation, its the one that would REALLY benefit from it the most. Especially with all its story emphasis on gods and holy powers. And I think everyone here would be both sick and awed by the Distortion World in 3D.

Years
  • They should do Kanto before Sinnoh. Kanto was best shown on a GBA, and it could look so much nicer in 3D. The way they made ORAS really shows how they can turn a GBA game into a 3DS game with success.

Sinnoh could look beautiful, though. The locations in the game, some of them really were outstanding, and if we saw them on a 3DS it could be amazing. DPPt were very good games, in my opinion, and a remake would be magnificent. But yeah, do Kanto before Sinnoh.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    These games would benefit intensely from a remake, if I'm honest. Whenever I go back to play the original Diamond, it really shows me its age. The slowness of the battles, walking, and surfing. I haven't played Platinum, but I am aware that much of that was fixed. However, remakes are of the original versions. And these just feel so... outdated and clunky to me.

Also, it is kind of troublesome to transfer through two Generations, particularly with B/W's transferring system. I'd rather they make it easier.

And we really have no way of knowing what Gamefreak will be doing. Will they remake Kanto? Will they do Sinnoh? Both are equally likely, in my opinion. With the New 3DS, it is possible that they would go for Sinnoh remakes within this Generation. Or that the next Generation will still be on the 3DS, and that there will be remakes of some kind. I don't believe they'd remake Kanto before Sinnoh because it's already had its time twice and has been heavily referenced in X/Y. I'd prefer they go to Sinnoh first, but we'll see.

Personally though, I'd just like to see them remake everything in 3D. Particularly Gold/Silver.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    They should do Kanto before Sinnoh. Kanto was best shown on a GBA, and it could look so much nicer in 3D. The way they made ORAS really shows how they can turn a GBA game into a 3DS game with success.

Sinnoh could look beautiful, though. The locations in the game, some of them really were outstanding, and if we saw them on a 3DS it could be amazing. DPPt were very good games, in my opinion, and a remake would be magnificent. But yeah, do Kanto before Sinnoh.

I think that We've had enough of Kanto already.
    Not only that we got Fire red and Leaf green remakes, but we also had the chance to go back there in HGSS ..

kartöflur

actual potato
    Years
  • A 3DS that travels through time? That, I'd buy!

4DS would be pretty sick with DPPt remakes, considering Dialga's like the time God or something.

There is actually a New 3DS (it's name is actually "New 3DS") out in Japan currently

nintendo.co.jp/3ds/new/sp/index.html (It's the Japanese site, because it's not on the English sites, and you'll have to add the http www jazz because I'm too new to post links, whoops)

I don't speak Japanese, so I had to search around, and the New 3DS is supposed to also be compatible with DS, 3DS, and the "New 3DS" games. Which would make DPPt a little less obsolete than FRLG, considering you can still play them on this "New 3DS". I'd love to see remakes of DPPt (my favourite games after RSE), and hopefully they'll do something like the Delta Episode, maybe expanding on the crazy mega-evolution-induced alternate universe stuff they implied in ORAS (is this a spoiler? Should this not be here?I can remove it if it is...), knowing that Dialga and Palkia can control time and space, and Arceus is the literal god, etc.

They'd have to step up their game though, maybe adding features similar to PokeNav Plus into the Poketch (I really love DexNav, but would it be realistic to have this all in a watch?), and maybe a constant/more common 360 camera (like in Lumiose City) taking advantage of this new C-stick thing on the New 3DS. Mt. Coronet, Distortion World, Snowpoint and Pokeball Seals would look pretty awesome in 3D, imo.

It's crazy thinking that these games might possibly be released in 2017-2020 (it's close, but doesn't feel like it), when kids like me will be "legal adults" and all that fun stuff. Though FRLG remakes seem more logical, DPPt remakes are more predictable. We'll just have to see.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I can't imagine a DPPt remake any time soon, especially given that the DS is still a readily available console and it's relatively easy to get hold of copies (if a little expensive). The remakes seem to be based upon availability of the original game's console as opposed to that of the game's and the time between which they were released.
    Given that, and the fact that generation four wasn't too far behind some more current games in terms of technologies used, I'd say there's going to be a long wait. Mind you, given how much GF have been changing formulas lately, would it be too crazy to perhaps suggest that we'll be getting the first main series game to run on console? I know it sounds a somewhat silly (and overly optimistic) suggestion, but given the increasing synergy (not really sure that it's the appropriate word, but should get my message across) between Wii U and 3DS (the latest Smash Bros. being the main example here) lately parallel Pokémon games for each platform is becoming an increasingly likely option (at least as far as technological possibility is concerned). Also, Sinnoh would look ridiculously pretty with that kind of power.
    I'd much prefer an expansion upon Platinum, rather than upon DP. Platinum had a much more solid story (Palkia kind of made sense in context, and Dialga hardly at all) and the Distortion World could be expanded upon considerably (I was less than thrilled with the revisit in Turnback Cave). While we're at it - why not do something more with Arceus? Why the Spear Pillar? Why Turnback Cave? Why Sinnoh? It'd be nice to find out a little bit more about the significance of all the elements that made the fourth generation games (and maybe we could actually battle Arceus this time? I want that flute).

Of course, demand would also be a major factor - and I don't think people particularly feel that the fourth generation is actually gone yet. That's not even considering the fact that the fourth generation had really divided people's opinions - why make something that potentially isn't going to sell well?

Late addition:
    Given the history of real-world additions with remakes, what would the possibility be of getting an actual Pokétch? What could it add that wasn't on the DS? Of course, I'm working on the assumption that dual-screen consoles aren't a thing at the point of release so that there's actually a call for such an addition.

Last edited:
    Back