• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SL's Art Thread

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Good news! I updated Weavile. I think it looks much better now. Not only that, but I found a way to use my favorite brush to color without it looking grainy. Now I is happy.

SL's Art Thread

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I drew the Pichu Brothers. This took me about 2 hours to draw, 2 hours to color, and about 10 minutes to get that cursive perfect. Because, in actuality, my handwriting sucks. It was the first time I made it in the sunset, so I hope the shading is okay. Looks good to me. XD

SL's Art Thread

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Weird in a good or bad way? XDD

Anyway, I redid my Fakemon. And I renamed them as well. This is Morisu (a combination of Mori, meaning "Forest" and Risu, meaning "Squirrel").
    SL's Art Thread

And this is Morikai (Mori = Forest, Jukai = Abundant Leafage).
    SL's Art Thread

I'm working on the final evolved form, which I named Hayashirisu (Hayashi = Forest/Grove, Risu = Squirrel). I tried to go with Sugimori-like style, but I phailed.

(If you'd like to see their sprites, see here, please.)

EDIT: Hayashirisu is finished.
    SL's Art Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I hate when I have to double post. . >.> But I have some Shinji pics!

I did this one randomly. Poochiena/Shinji FTW. I was talking about this with some friends and I drew it as a joke. XD Then I got hooked on Shinji/{Pokémon} crossovers. .
    SL's Art Thread

Here's my attempt at chibi Shinji. I think it's kinda cute.
    SL's Art Thread

And here's Shinji/Nyaasu. <3
    SL's Art Thread

This one was done as a request. It's a Pikachuu dressed like Shinji with a Shinji wig. XD Basically~
    SL's Art Thread

And of course I couldn't resist doing a Shinji/Erebuu fusion.
    SL's Art Thread

Abusoru/Shinji, also a request.
    SL's Art Thread

LugiaFreak

Years
  • Alriiight, review time. Now keep in mind, I suck at these. But here we go. :DD

Morisu - Morisu's right ear [it's right, not yours] isn't the same size as the left ear. Try slimming down the bottom/base of the ear just a bit so it matches the left more closely.
    Another thing I'd like to point out is the leaves at the top of it's tail... they're very random and just kind of stick out, which isn't very attractive. The fact that the leaves stay exactly the same [they don't get bigger, grander, more complicated, etc.] throughout each evolution is rather dull as well. :( But, with a little imagination, that could be fixed easily. :D
    Lastly, the mouth/teeth are lopsided. Other than that, though, Morisu is very cute. :3

Morikai - There's the same ear problem, except switched. One is bigger than the other.
    The front paws/feet shouldn't be on top of the back paws/feet. It makes Morikai's position look awkward. Just move the front paws a little so they're more in front.
    Lastly, I don't see a lot of change between Morisu and Morikai. The body shape, tail, ears, and color are all the same. However, the eyes are very good. :D

Hayashirisu - The back of the head is very bulgy, and the area around the base of the tail is too thin. Flip flop the sizes and it'll be good. :D
    Nothin' much else except the front leg - the part where the leg meets the body is WAY to huge. That bit needs some serious slimming down. Also, is Hayashirisu's right paw [it's right, not yours] supposed to be turned in, toward it's body? If so, I think it would be better just to keep like the others, with the claws facing outward.

~

Okay, I'm gonna tone down the reviews here, since there's no color.

~

Fire Starter - Only complaint is the toes on the front paws - they're very smooshed and thin. Flatten and extend them a little, and this'll be really good. :DD

2nd - Front legs are a little thin, and the eye is huge. Also, the stomach is a little thin. Feed it some cake. :DD

3rd - Again, the front legs are a little awkward... it doesn't look like they have any muscle. :/ Also, what are the random things coming out of it's back? XD Ribbons? :P

Water Starter - Besides smooshed front paws again, can't find anything else wrong with this one. :D

2nd
    - The chest is very thin. Poor kitty needs lungs to breathe! ;__; XD Anyway, the back legs look very cool. Nice job. :D

3rd
    - Nothing really wrong with this one. :)

Most Common - Very cute, but the arms could be a little smaller.

2nd
    - I like this one a lot. No comments. :)

~

Nothing much to say about the PokeDexes, but I suggest you clean up and straighten the lines a little, they're rather crooked. But, I'm sure you'll do that whenever you get around to re-dong them in Corel. :) The designs are very nice, though. They could be official. :)

~

Skitty 1 - Very well done. Only thing is, the yarn ball isn't round enough. Other than that, good job. :)

Skitty 2 - Only complaint is the Skitty's butt is too high in the air. XD Fix that, and this'll look really nice. Good coloring, too.

~

Shinji 1: Awwww :3 So cute~ Nothing wrong with this one. <333

Shinji 2:
    Don't see anything wrong with this one, either. :D

Shinji 3:
    The ears are a little lopsided, and the head is too big. Other than that, very cute! :333

Shinji 4:
    The body is a little awkward - it's rather hot dog shaped. XD Also, the tail is really stiff and rigid.

Shinji 5:
    Nothing wrong with this one. The legs/arms are perfect~<3

Shinji 6: The body is way too small, and the head is too big. Lots of proportion issues here. :(

Alright, reviewed! :) Overall, your drawing style is very good. Only a few minor problems, but other than that, you've got skill! :DD

Also, I like the way you drew the Fakemon. Your style is very unique and you have a good way of showing expression. :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Nothin' much else except the front leg - the part where the leg meets the body is WAY to huge. That bit needs some serious slimming down.
    Err, it's supposed to look like that. It's a flying squirrel.

Shinji 6: The body is way too small, and the head is too big. Lots of proportion issues here. :(

As for this one, he's facing the side. Had I made his head any smaller, if he turned to face the 'camera', it would look like a grape.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Still no replies? =( Well, I drew Shinji in the Ouran High School Academy uniform (see here). And I gave him glasses. . Mmmm. <3 I better get some comments for this. . =/

SL's Art Thread

LugiaFreak

Years
  • Still no replies? =( Well, I drew Shinji in the Ouran High School Academy uniform (see here). And I gave him glasses. . Mmmm. <3 I better get some comments for this. . =/
    Spoiler:

One thing I noticed - The shoulder facing away from us is sticking way too far out. it should only be partially visible behind his neck and body.

Other than that, this is cute. <3 I love the suit. :3

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Thank you. I see what you mean, too. I may try it again sooner or later, but, for now, I simply drew the White Mokona from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. I could've probably made him a bit fatter, but he's still adorable.

SL's Art Thread

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I turned Double-D from Ed Edd n Eddy into an anime character. XD I have issues. .

SL's Art Thread

Two things I noticed, though: I probably could've made the hand bigger. And the ear looks. . Weird. Please point out why. . 'Cause I know it does. I just can't quite put my finger on it. XD

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I'll probably turn Ed and Eddy into anime characters, too.

And this is a made-up character named Jakeez. I wish I could've made the face more fierce-looking, but I phail at drawing wolf heads. XD
    SL's Art Thread

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I have another update. XD This is my OC, Nareta, and Shinji. I finally put them in a pic together! <3 Don't ask how Nareta got Shinji into a Nyaasu suit. . But she did.

SL's Art Thread

Back