• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smoking, or Non smoking?

Do you smoke?

• yes, but i'm trying to stop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, and I never plan on it

Votes: 64 90.1%
  • no, but I think I might start

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • yes, and I can't stop

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    my dad knew someone who lived over 100 (and he smokes). weird

There's a fair amount of people that have lived to old ages and that haved smoked, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they were healthy. I don't think it'd be much fun living into my hundreds if I couldn't breath without hacking.

So, ya my answer is no, I've seen what it can do to people. A giant cigarette with pictures came to our school. One of the people that brought the tunnel had two sets of pigs lungs, the one on smokes was so disgustinly black and yellow, not to mention smaller.
    That wasn't even the worst though, there was a picture of a 34 year old man in a hospital bed, we were asked to guess how old he was, i said 82. It was disgusting.

Johnny3

♫ ♪R h yt h m♪ ♫
    Years
    Nope, I will never smoke, most people fall for it by other peer pressure which is basically saying "Your opinion is better than mine so I will do it" Silly I say. I make my own choices and that choice is to never smoke.

Years
    The scent of smoke makes me sick, I hold my breathe in and try to breathe as minimal amount as possible without passing out. Also my great uncle died from lung cancer and my Mum told me about how my great grandfather chucked up blood every day for the last ten years of his life, lost a lung and eventually died a horrible death. Both of these from smoking. So no I would never, ever think of smoking. >_<

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    One of the main reasons of smoking is peer pressure. Smoking companies try to lure teenagers as their target audience. Since it is more likely for people to start at 15 rather then 30 due to peer pressure. As you can see. The smoking companies don't even need to advertise commercials since all the kids do it themselves

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
    I'm against smoking, so I don't do it. I tend to stay away from people that do smoke, because cigarette smoke totally weakens me. x_x

Years
    Hm, I wonder what gave you this idea? ;)

I've never tried it on its own (only in a joint and I didn't realize at first there was tobacco in it) and I don't have any interest in starting.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    I totally didn't get my option......

I smoke, but can drop it at anytime... except when classes are in session...

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    No way dude!
    Im 14 i dont smoke, its a waste of time!
    It'll make you die fast XD

President Showaddywaddy

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I'm 14
    Don't smoke and never will

I've got a wierd fact about smoking. Once the nicotine in the wasted smoke hits a surface, it grows and leaves a stain. And it doesn't come out once it's taken sufficient hold on the surface.

Don't ask how i know that.

Johnny3

♫ ♪R h yt h m♪ ♫
    Years
    I totally didn't get my option......

I smoke, but can drop it at anytime... except when classes are in session...

Why man It's not good for you and plus at your age you shouldn't be or at any age you basic should put poisons inside of you. I know that you friends might have forced you into or it was your choice but man it's not all that cool.
    But if you want to be my guest it doesn't make you any better but.
    If you where forced by peer presure you may as well say to the persons that told you " Ok i'll smoke since your opinion is better than mine and I don't matter" you have the choice not them, if I wonted to tell my teacher she a idiot no one can stop me.
    Thats all from me I hope that Might of helped you to stop (Not that it will)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Smoking? Nah. Never. I once tasted a cigarrette and promised that I would never do it again. They are horrible! I even made my parents stop smoking.

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Nopes I am just a child so I never smoke and never will..

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I have never smoked and I never intend to. My aunt smokes and I hate going near hear when she is doing it.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Nah..Smoking is gross. It makes you smell like a dead animal that pissed itself (No, seriously. This is a horrible metaophor, but try to notice it next time you're standing next to someone who just had a cigarette. If you think about it hard enough, you'll begin to see what I mean o_O), Turns your teeth yellow, and um..Yeah. You'll die out of Cancer. srsly <_<

I've tried smoking before, but really couldn't pick up on the habit, mostly for reasons stated above. Oh, and the only time I ever smaoked a cigarette I went into a coughing fit choking down the smoke. Apparently you're supposed to let it back out after inhaling which I..didn't know at the time o.O

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    Why man It's not good for you and plus at your age you shouldn't be or at any age you basic should put poisons inside of you. I know that you friends might have forced you into or it was your choice but man it's not all that cool.
    But if you want to be my guest it doesn't make you any better but.
    If you where forced by peer presure you may as well say to the persons that told you " Ok i'll smoke since your opinion is better than mine and I don't matter" you have the choice not them, if I wonted to tell my teacher she a idiot no one can stop me.
    Thats all from me I hope that Might of helped you to stop (Not that it will)

lol... it was never out of peer pressure or anything like that... and dude, "at me age", you're gonna feel old, at least when you look back... haha.

in terms of opinions, I fly solo, I'm my own person, and very few people play an influence on my life.

We're all ingesting toxins, toxins are constantly being flushed out of our body, it's the sheer genetics factor that determines what can kill you from inside. you can be a healthy person your whole life then get killed by cancer in your 40's. There's people out there that have smoked 2-3 packs a day for 30+ years that are still walking around in their 90's without lung problems. Life is a wild card, and the key to life is to enjoy each moment, worry about things that occur a few years from now, not 70 or 80 years from now.

and like anything in life, Moderation is key.

when I light up, I light up with others, I don't walk around reeking of the smell ( I tend to smell more like incenses since I burn a lot of 'em), and yea, if I don't have one lit, then the smell does bother me... haha...

Oni Link

~Previously On1 LiN|<~
    Years
    used to smoke regularly, in my 'rock and roll' days, but quit when I realised that it really wasn't worth the bad things it does to you, in my opinion anyway.
    nowadays the only time I smoke is when I'm drinking and I use it to 'get my blood flowing'.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    used to smoke regularly, in my 'rock and roll' days, but quit when I realised that it really wasn't worth the bad things it does to you, in my opinion anyway.
    nowadays the only time I smoke is when I'm drinking and I use it to 'get my blood flowing'.

and I totally feel you on that one. get the blood flowing.. besides, "nicotene and caffine are for breakfast, nicotene and alcohol are dinner..."

an old 80's metalhead biker once told me that... haha

Back