• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smoking, or Non smoking?

Do you smoke?

• yes, but i'm trying to stop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, and I never plan on it

Votes: 64 90.1%
  • no, but I think I might start

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • yes, and I can't stop

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ayce

Thread Killer
    Years
    I've never tried smoking and never felt the need or desire to try it. I care too much for my lungs to do that BS. And I know I have an addictive personality, so if I did ever try it, there's a good chance I could wind up getting addicted, which would just be stupid IMO. "LOL guys don't you think my black lungs are so sexy? lol lol lol" No way. Not happening for me. Not even tempted.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yuck, gross. I never smoked and I will never start! I was happy that my stepmom quit smoking about nine years ago. I want her to live longer, not die early.

Smoking is just disgusting. And why they do it...if they quit they will live longer and will save some money.

Lady Nicole

hello o.o
    Years
    I don't smoke but I used to...

EDIT:

I can't stand people who smoke. Personally, I think they're stupid. And obiviously, something is wrong in their lieves. People only drink and smoke with friends. Those people need to pick better friends. Friends that don't give you something that will slowly kill. Oh, and I've never tried smoking, never will

Are you calling me stupid?

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    Never will smoke or drink, the smell of Alchohal and cig's bother me. Since my dad died from liver cancer brought on by Hepatitus C and drinking, i will never do any of that stuff, and i dont like being around people who smoke either they smell and its nasty.

I do know some people tho that have smoked there whole lives so they told me and they are like 90 years old its wierd. Even tho you say your healthy you arent im sure if you looked at your lungs you would see nothing but black.

You get all kinds of cancer from smoking.

Pancreatice
    Lung
    Mouth
    Throat
    Bladder

and others, not to mention it raises your blood pressure. I think its funny when people say oh i smoke cuss it relaxes me bull its actually worse and makes you more tense.

Dont forget about how you smell when you walk around, and how you produce more Snot and Mucas.

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    I can't stand people who smoke. Personally, I think they're stupid. And obiviously, something is wrong in their lieves. People only drink and smoke with friends. Those people need to pick better friends. Friends that don't give you something that will slowly kill. Oh, and I've never tried smoking, never will

About this...

People start smoking and drinking by ignorance more than by stupidity.

They think "I can stop at any time", the only thing wrong with their lives is believing "I'm an enlighted being and I can't get addicted so easily like simple mortals"

I have a friend that smokes, but he doesn't smoke in front of me because he knows I dislike the smell and the smoke

@To Nacon: Smoking never makes sense, not even in college, it's just that you can't notice the real bad on it, but I think (not sure, correct me if I'm wrong) because of your posts that you're the kind of person that ensures he isn't bothering anyone while smoking, if I'm correct, you have my respect ^^

@To Lady Nicole: As I said a little ^, people don't start smoking because of stupidity, they do by ignorance. Start smoking is easy, stopping is the hard part, people who stop have a lot of self-confidence and decission, You also have my respect ^^

chews

Chewilicious
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2007
    No i don't smoke & i won't smoke for all my life,it will ruin our life thats y.

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
    Well, er um....

To be honest, there have been too many times to count where I've wanted to get out of a stressful situation by starting this habit, what with nearly everyone I knew doing it as well, but only never have I resorted to using cigarettes to escape stress.

However, I once bought a pack for a friend, and I thought I'd at least give it a shot, just to know what it's like, but it turned out to be more complicated than I thought. For starters, you apparently have to use your mouth to breathe, and not your lungs (I thought that was the only way to breathe). I felt weak for days due to the inhalation mistake I made, and I can honestly say that smoking is lame.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Oh no! I clicked the third choice down! D: curse me.
    ppl say it tastes bad, so I might not. Buut ...

Yea, I'm 12 and I dun smoke

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years

That is slight ignorance. Since people usually smoke to dull pain or just to have a small break. It is their choice. I have known highly intelligent people who choose their friends wisely and smoke on their own. I have friends who dont even have any other friends who smoke due to depression. Smoking can be done by anyone but its that smoking companies target teenagers so they give cigarettes to their friends. Its not the smoker who is evil. Its the smoking companies

No i don't smoke & i won't smoke for all my life,it will ruin our life thats y.

Smoking doesnt ruin your life. It is your choice to continue smoking. Your the one who causes it to ruin your life when you make smoking more important then your family and friends. Smoking just puts you on the path to damnation. You can go off that path at any time. The only real harm smoking does is it gives you a habit and heart disease.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2008
    That is slight ignorance. Since people usually smoke to dull pain or just to have a small break. It is their choice. I have known highly intelligent people who choose their friends wisely and smoke on their own. I have friends who dont even have any other friends who smoke due to depression. Smoking can be done by anyone but its that smoking companies target teenagers so they give cigarettes to their friends. Its not the smoker who is evil. Its the smoking companies

You speak the truth.

Well anyway, i don't smoke. I think it's disgusting. I know someone who started when he was 11. Now that's sick.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Nope. My parents insist they barely smoke but I would call their habit 'chain-smoking.' It sucks because I'm asthmatic and they smoke outside -- with the door open, and it blows right in to where I'm sitting right now. Just sniffing it makes me cough heaps and get a headache. There's no reason to smoke -- there's every reason to give it up. And even if it's hard, suck it up and quit. You'll feel better for it. Take up knitting or reading or walking or something you enjoy. THAT will lower your stress.

Smoking doesnt ruin your life. It is your choice to continue smoking. Your the one who causes it to ruin your life when you make smoking more important then your family and friends. Smoking just puts you on the path to damnation. You can go off that path at any time. The only real harm smoking does is it gives you a habit and heart disease.

I would call that ignorance. Smoking causes a chemical addiction, which is hard to break without sufficient willpower. Most people say they're going to quit and then they never do because of their chemical addiction. There's no point having a social smoke and then suddenly getting addicted and smoking more and more. Also, heart disease is not all you can get from smoking, and that habit is far more than how you dismiss it. It ruins your life when you find out you've done some crap to your body that's basically irreversible or only treatable, not curable; it ruins your life when you realise you've got no money because you're spending it all on smoking; it ruins your life when you're so addicted you can't stop, which, even if you're enjoying yourself, is an absolutely horrible state to be in.

Obviously it's alarmist to say one smoke in your life gives you cancer and heart disease and everything else; but the problem is a lot of people have one smoke and then another because they don't see the 'real harm' in that, and in the end they lie to themselves and tell themselves when they smoke fifteen a day that it's still not harmful, that they'll quit come New Years', that it's just pure alarmism that smoking hurts you at all.

Years
    Oh I smoke everyday, I dont care if its law breaking, I need 20 packs a day or I go mad.

Nope, I don't smoke (of course) and would have no motives to start.

President Showaddywaddy

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I think that t'world should follow Bhutan and ban t'hateful weed before it does any more damage to civilisation. Fag smoke contains over 4000 chemicals, and many are poisonous.

A couple of months ago a family in Greece were killed by Carbon Monoxide poisoning, and that stuff goes straight into your blood with every puff.

Years
    Hmm, I reckon the results on this poll do reflect on the average age group on this forum ...

Anyway, I don't smoke and I don't plan on doing it. I had asthma when I was smaller and am also have diabetes type 1, which are partly the reason why I don't. But I just don't see the point of it either. It's bad for your health, and I'm absolutely not curious as to how it feels. So I won't start smoking anytime soon.

Back