• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smoking, or Non smoking?

Do you smoke?

• yes, but i'm trying to stop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, and I never plan on it

Votes: 64 90.1%
  • no, but I think I might start

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • yes, and I can't stop

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadowz

Among the Shadowz...
    Years
    ive tried smoking once due to peer pressure, but it was gross, now im my own person i dont get told by anyone i make my own decisions

-Amso-

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    Non smoking.

I have never had any doubt.
    Smoking has not been kind in my life.

It's not nice when other people do it. It's not nice when you do it.
    It's not worth the pain.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Smoking is bad, I never intend to smoke, If I get pressured to do it, well, still no. Screw you peer pressure! *Flips off peer pressure*.

And a message to the people who do smoke: atleast TRY to quit, and don't push smoking on a person who dosen't want it. those people are the worst.

I smoke, but can drop it at anytime...

Yeah, keep living on to that dream.
    If you want to prove me wrong, drop smoking. Right now. for the rest of your life.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    Yeah, keep living on to that dream.
    If you want to prove me wrong, drop smoking. Right now. for the rest of your life.

I don't live on fantasy island, and I know what I'm capable of doing and what I'm incapable of. I choose to smoke, I don't find myself fiending for a fix of nicotene. For now, I find it to be more of a social thing more so than anything, and it's nice to say that I haven't seen that change.

and also, refrain from telling me what to do. I know you mean well and you're looking out on the fact that, yes, I do smoke cigarettes, but when the time comes where I'm either bored of doing it, smoking because I'm bored, or finding myself attached to a supplement, that's when I throw my most up to date pack in the garbage.

and seeing that none of the 3 criteria fit me yet, I'll still choose to smoke.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    I don't live on fantasy island, and I know what I'm capable of doing and what I'm incapable of. I choose to smoke, I don't find myself fiending for a fix of nicotene. For now, I find it to be more of a social thing more so than anything, and it's nice to say that I haven't seen that change.

and also, refrain from telling me what to do. I know you mean well and you're looking out on the fact that, yes, I do smoke cigarettes, but when the time comes where I'm either bored of doing it, smoking because I'm bored, or finding myself attached to a supplement, that's when I throw my most up to date pack in the garbage.

You have posted a logical post, but, why do it as a social thing, when eventually, the real world comes in, and you barely have time for social activties (Unless you are a good worker and you get things done fast)?

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014

Thats what they all say...believe it or not, your probably subconsciously addicted to them already. And if I were you, I'd wuit now, because if you don't stop at an early time, you'll get more and more addicted exponentially fast.

Ichikool

D/P Lover
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NY
    • Seen Feb 26, 2018
    No, I don't smoke and I never will.
    I hate the way it smells... and it's gross. Not only that... but I don't wanna die! D:

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    Thats what they all say...believe it or not, your probably subconsciously addicted to them already. And if I were you, I'd wuit now, because if you don't stop at an early time, you'll get more and more addicted exponentially fast.

both you guys, I live in the real world, got an office job and study at a university... so yea I'm pretty old...

and don't give me that subconscious-theory, I call it a theory in this case cuz you're not me. Sure my body has grown accustomed to it will Power plays a vital role in all of my will to smoke, it's a choice and it's still been a choice. I play my bad and my good cards. My bad card is a cigarette, my good card is a fresh herbal tea.

there are more detrimental things to your health, things more dangerous than 2-3 cigarettes a day. Daily doses of fast food increase your arterial-lipid-count, sun-bathing\tanning can cause skin cancer... a crackhead can shoot me...

to me, saying you don't want to smoke because you don't want to die is an ignorant statement... people don't smoke because they choose to and dislike it. Smoking becomes more of a danger when you become attached and addicted to it. like I said before, Moderation is key. if you do something in moderation, it can be ok. overindulgence is what puts your body at risk

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Nope, never will. I'm paranoid about even breathing near smokers who I pass.

I find twigs to be better; it still gives the same appearence and you're NOT slowly killing yourself.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    just make sure its not bark that you're allegeric to, or one that has pesticides on it... since bark as absorbtion properties... lol.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    I can't stand people who smoke. Personally, I think they're stupid. And obiviously, something is wrong in their lieves. People only drink and smoke with friends. Those people need to pick better friends. Friends that don't give you something that will slowly kill. Oh, and I've never tried smoking, never will

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    I can't stand people who smoke. Personally, I think they're stupid. And obiviously, something is wrong in their lieves. People only drink and smoke with friends. Those people need to pick better friends. Friends that don't give you something that will slowly kill. Oh, and I've never tried smoking, never will

if you've never tried it and never will, then there's no need to say that Friends intentionally give tools of death out.

It'll all make more sense once you get to the college years.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I'm an asthmatic and the last thing I need to do is smoke. Also I tried once and I was nearly dying and since then I stopped. I also don't want to have lung cancer as well

:t354:TG

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    the fact that you're asthmatic goes to show that your lungs can't take much of an impurity or too much strain. that in itself makes 'em a candidate for lung cancer, so treat 'em carefully... and smoking would be like having cancer win the election... be wary of such traits...

like anything with your body... if it hurts or doesn't feel right... you're doing something wrong.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    both you guys, I live in the real world, got an office job and study at a university... so yea I'm pretty old...

and don't give me that subconscious-theory, I call it a theory in this case cuz you're not me. Sure my body has grown accustomed to it will Power plays a vital role in all of my will to smoke, it's a choice and it's still been a choice. I play my bad and my good cards. My bad card is a cigarette, my good card is a fresh herbal tea.

there are more detrimental things to your health, things more dangerous than 2-3 cigarettes a day. Daily doses of fast food increase your arterial-lipid-count, sun-bathing\tanning can cause skin cancer... a crackhead can shoot me...

to me, saying you don't want to smoke because you don't want to die is an ignorant statement... people don't smoke because they choose to and dislike it. Smoking becomes more of a danger when you become attached and addicted to it. like I said before, Moderation is key. if you do something in moderation, it can be ok. overindulgence is what puts your body at risk

Calm down man. I was just puting in my two cents. If you want to risk it then fine, it's your life not mine. I was just...nevermind.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    Calm down man. I was just puting in my two cents. If you want to risk it then fine, it's your life not mine. I was just...nevermind.

this is why I hate communicating via typing...

I'm not angry or anything, man.. if you saw me type that, you'd realize how calm and chill I was, and am right now... just giving you my 2 cents as well.. I appreciate your gesture, it shows you care, and I respect that.

perhaps I should have put 1 or 2 lols in my rebuttal.

besides... I like debating. I like debating so much that it is going to play an integral part of my career. lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    the fact that you're asthmatic goes to show that your lungs can't take much of an impurity or too much strain. that in itself makes 'em a candidate for lung cancer, so treat 'em carefully... and smoking would be like having cancer win the election... be wary of such traits...

Actually asthma is difficulty breathing caused by a narrowing of the airways and is hardly a cause of lung cancer. Any asthmatic with common sense wouldn't smoke because they'd have to take a blast of inhaler between every puff so they can actually breathe.

I personally think that smoking tastes like inhaling sewage which alone would put me off, let alone the long list of health related side effects towards yourself or the people around you. I can see no good reason to smoke either in moderation or obsessively, because frankly there are no benefits and even a small quantity can have a negative effect on a healthy lifestyle.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    I know what asthma is... the delicate factor of your lungs... how many things can make you choke, weeze, cough... it's a frailty trait and I mean no offense to that. and as I was saying before, treat them with care.

Back