• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So..can anyone actually explain the hatred amongst Dawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Maybe its because her voice is a bit annoying and her Pokemon are boring. I dont hate her though, I just find her boring.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    It is the same reason May was hated people did not want to see the previous female traveler leave. It is a never ending cycle the girl who replaces dawn will be just as hated

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I myself have nothing against her. I can't say I have a hatred of any main character though, and when it comes to comparing Misty, May and Dawn, I think they're all equally entertaining and interesting; as well as they do what they were meant to be doing in the series.

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
    I have this weird thing with Hikari.
    I remember when she was first introduced, and I started watching the Japanese D/P episodes right when they came out ..I fell in love with this girl. She was so cute and funny. I think once the dub came out ..I got sick of her ..(it might have been because of her voice) ..or maybe because her personality kept changing.

ATM, she seems kinda boring. I miss how she was back in the beginning. I mean she's weird. Haha, sometimes I like her ..sometimes I hate her.

At one point, I was going on this total spasm with her. I liked her for a few weeks ..but then hated her ...but then liked her again ...and then hate, and now I'm kinda just yeeeah. xD

Hiidora

Strawberry Lip gloss~!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2009
    People love Dawn, Who would hate her?

Dawn Is like a girl ash in a micro mini skirt and there for everybody loves her. In my opinion she is fun and entertaining, A heck of a lot better then May. Which brings me to the question "Why does everybody hate may?" I hate her, and I don't know why. I just do.

Last edited:
    Years

Dawn Is like a girl ash in a micro mini skirt and there for everybody loves her. In my opinion she is fun and entertaining, A heck of a lot better then May. Which brings me to the question "Why does everybody hate may?" I hate her, and I don't know why. I just do.

I wish more people would answer their own question like you have. No, I'm not being sardonic.

Here's a fun question: where was it that she started to turn in your eyes? Her first Contest, her first actual capture, what motivated you to say, "screw this, I'm not liking her anymore"?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I wish more people would answer their own question like you have. No, I'm not being sardonic.

Here's a fun question: where was it that she started to turn in your eyes? Her first Contest, her first actual capture, what motivated you to say, "screw this, I'm not liking her anymore"?

If Buneary was her first actual capture, then definitely by that point (The way she acted in the beginning of that episode, as well as that little fit she made at Brock near the middle, made me hate her.).

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years

You could read through the topic and see for yourself >_>

peteron85

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    I dislike dawn because shes just plain boring. She has no clue whats shes doing, and all she likes is pokemon contests, which are even more dull than her. Plus the voices of her Piplup and Buneary annoy the hell out of me.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I think Dawn was a cool character, I don't really like her voice in the English dub though, but she's alright and I don't want people to compare her to May because May was just a NO, same goes with her brother.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    This thread is over a month old, which means the dicussion has come to and end. If you 'd wish to discuss the topic, feel free to start a new thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back