• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Champloo

RNG Expert
Years
  • Both! As Always I have to get both version of any Generation that comes out.

I'm just nerdy like that =P

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
  • I already reserved Soul Silver so I'm getting that. I would've gotten Heart Gold but my friend and me made a deal that he's get gold and I'd get silver so yeah. This game is actually my favorite pokemon game and actually one of my first (even though I only played Crystal).

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    I'm going with soul silver it catches my attention more i dont nothing against oh-ho or ho-oh but im going wit luigia

Cloyster93

who's gun is this rifle?
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 24, 2015
    HeartGold for me, definitely. I had the Gold version when that first came out and it's still my favourite Pokemon game of all time (with the possible exception of Crystal, which I also played to death), so i'll be getting HG just for nostalgic reasons.

Years
  • I'm sort of torn at the moment. Arcanine provides a lot of flexibility in letting me choose something other than Cyndaquil for a starter, however I really like Lugia and would rather get it at level 40 and have it for all of Kanto. I slightly prefer Kyogre over Groudon though which tips the scales in favour of Heart Gold. I think I will go with Heart Gold because Lugia and the possibility of better sprites (can anybody confirm or expand on this?) are all that Soul Silver has going for it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Heartgold because when i was little i never liked Gold because of Ho-Oh,and i still hate Ho-Oh,but now i realize the benefits of heartgold,which are the exclusive pokemion in HG i like moe than the ones in SS and also a higher leveled Lugia,and i like Dark Colors more than light Colors so Gold over Silver

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
  • Soul Silver, I think. I'm getting either of them this week, and I think I'll prefer SS. I always liked Lugia, but it's the Ho-oh that I want this for. Have you heard its battle music? This is going to be EPIC.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Heart Gold. Already got it on Preorder. And I could get it on the day it comes out if I could find an extra $17 but if not then it will be like a week or two after ><

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Definitely SoulSilver; but if I can get both, that'd be awesome. I'm only 11 years old, and Lugia has been a big part of my Pokémon childhood. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be telling my age, but whatever. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL 5 MORE DAYS!!!!!

Blue Trainer

Do iT FuR TeH LulZ
    Years
  • Yeah I'd probably get both - but sure I've played the ROMs a bit and the game has some awesome improvements ^^

I LOVE the way any Pokémon can follow your character ^^ It really makes the game that much more enjoyable ^^

BT

Back