• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So how old are you guys now?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Oh how wonderful! That is so adorable :)

Thanks! The Mrs rolls her eyes at me at times, especially when I brought the game home along with a used DS, but we both know it's great to have something in common with your kids. It doesn't hurt to be considered the "cool dad" amongst your kids friends too. LOL

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
  • Yeah, I'd like to have something in common with my kids, too. I don't wanna be one of those parents who's extremely distant from their child/children. That doesn't sound very fun. I wanna be close to my kids and support them as much as I can. A good parent would do so. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2014
    Im going to be 16 in June and besides one of my friends, they do make fun of me for still playing

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    I'm 15, and I've played Pokémon for an extremely short time. I watched the animé, but my Pokémon gaming experiences has so far only been with 20 hours in Platinum, where I just played and played, and now about 9 hours of SoulSilver (this time accompanied with trading, which makes it more exciting, in my opinion) and I'm loving it!

I don't know if my friends'd make fun of it or not, because I haven't told and don't plan to tell anyone, except for my brother, who already knows that.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • I'm 16 i have been playing pokemon since Red and I'm still going strong, i tell all my friends and you be surprised it takes one brave person to admit they like pokemon and eventually so dose everyone else. I'm proof of that i never new that my two best friends played pokemon until i told them i played now he have battles.

P.S i let you all in on a little secret pokemon is contagious, i made my girlfriend try mine out and she got hooked i had to buy her a DS and platinum for her birthday, now she is shocked that she had never played before. Right now were both playing Hg SS (I'm SS)

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    I'm 21 and i recently started playing pokemon again, i played red and gold version when i was a kid. Pokemon is still awesome!

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • I've been playing since Red and Blue in '98. Haven't stopped playing yet, and I'm going to be 24 in June. I don't plan on stopping, either. No one criticizes me about it, but it's not a big issue for me. And even if I did get criticized for it, I'd still play. :D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • This is more of a general topic more so than discussion for HG/SS. So, just going to move this over to Pokémon General where it seems a bit more fitting. Also, it has gotten a little off-topic, so please refrain from shifting from the purpose of the thread, which is whether or not you consider yourself too old to be playing Pokémon at your age.

/moved

For me, I'm seventeen and I still play Pokémon - currently SoulSilver. I don't really consider myself too old for playing it as it has been something I liked while growing up. We all have our own interests and there is no age limit to Pokémon, so why stop? Anyway, I'm still enjoying it and probably wouldn't give it up regardless of age until I find myself just not into it anymore.

Years
  • I'm 16, turning 17 in a month, and I first played pokemon red when it came out in '98 because it was so huge back then and all my cousins played it, but then I "grew out of pokemon" and haven't had anything to do pokemon for quite some time after that. Then a year or two ago I started playing emerald out of boredom and became a pokemon fan again. xD Now I've played every game except G/S/C and HG/SS (saving up for it :D)

I think over the years pokemon became something that seemed like people would laugh at you for just because it's targeted at younger children, but the other day I found out that most of my friends secretly play the games. Most of us don't talk about it much though because it still seems kinda embarrassing when we're all studying for APs and preparing for college xD

Years
  • I'm 25 now and I have loved Pokemon since it first came out here way back in 1998. I love the anime more but I do like the games too. I have also gotten heavily into fan fiction. I don't give a damn what other people think, not many people I know in real life knows that I like Pokemon. I also like Mario and Power Rangers.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I'm 15 and have been loving Poke'mon since I was 4. =D I only however, started playing the games when I was about 10 when I got Colloseum on holiday. -lol- =P

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I started playing RBY when I was 6-7 and I've been playing ever since (taking breaks from it though, because its gets boring like most games), I turn 19 in June, I feel so old.

"I remember when I was a child, we didn't have any of these 'natures' or 'EVs' or any of that stuff, we couldn't even breed." [/oldpersonvoice]

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm 22...less than two months 'till I turn 23. I've been gaming since I was 6 and been playing Pokemon since it came out in the US when I was 11...so I'm not the kind of guy that got into gaming through Pokemon, it just kept it going. :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've played Pokemon for almost ten years now. I first got my Gold and Silver games when they came out in '98 on my 8th birthday. This year, I'll be turning 18, so that will also be my tenth year anniversary~ Yay for easy remembering!

Years
  • I'm 17 and have been playing since the days of red and blue. It's not a big deal for me since a lot of people at my school still play, and we'll keep playing as long as we can. =)

Back