• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Out of the three starter Pokémon of Kalos, Greninja has gotta be my favorite. They've done an extremely good job trying to make it look ninja-like. I could see some aspects from Toxicroak and Mewtwo copied over to its design, but I really have no problem with that. Animals look similar to each other all the time in real life, and so should Pokémon.

Chesnaught is my second favorite. I love the intense look that it has on its face, and the spikes behind its back are a really nice touch. I'm expecting this Pokémon to be extremely defensive, both physically and specially. If it gets access to a few recovery and support moves, then that'd be pure awesome. Chesnaught's got quite a large shell, so I wonder if it's actually able to hide itself under there when battling?

As far as Delphox is concerned... well, Delphox is not such a bad-looking Pokémon, but if it indeed turned out as a witch like people expected it to, then that would have made it look a whole lot better, in my opinion. I definitely would've been a bigger fan of it.

What I wanted to see GameFreak do this time is give two final evolutions to each starters, and not just one. xD One of their evolution could've been available to X, and the other could haven been exclusive to Pokémon Y.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    As per usual, the initial surprise of the reveals is gone, and I've warmed up to Greninja and Delphox. I feel Delphox is too tall and too humanoid, but its still witch like and that is what I've always loved about this line. Greninja looks great in battle and ADORABLE in pokemon amie. I can't see myself getting used to the monstrosity that is Cheanaught though... I just don't know why that thing exists.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • So Looks like i will be sticking with froakie as my starter imma a little late to the party so i just spent my last hour looking at all the leaks.

I Actually like all the starters and all their forms , still getting used to the Digi.... i mean mega volves so Im still iffy on Charizard X ( Wonder if theyll be a charizard Z in the third game . Might be pushing it)

Any ways im still excited for the game Me and frogader are gonna be best friends that lil ninja frog

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • What does everyone think about Gen VI introducing only 70 brand new pokemon?

We know of/have seen 52 as of right now, leaving only 18 more

My count is at 47 including potential evolutions (assuming they get only 1) or pro-evolutions for pokemon we've already seen, mind filling me on the next 5?

And yeah, no one on the streams played passed the 2nd gym, so the total number can't be confirmed.

Years
  • And here's to me thinking Greninja was a fake... well its design may not be the best but it'll grow on me. Chesnaught really caught me off guard there, it looks very different from the other two while Delphox is really good too. I'm kinda surprised that they're getting hated on, maybe that might be why the Kanto starters were included in the game, just in case if someone got disappointed with their Kalos starter.

And I'm surprised the typings came pretty close to the ones the Pokebeach leaker said, except Chespin's final evo ended up part-Fighting while Froakie's ended up part-Dark. He did get Fennekin final evo's one right though.

These starter evos were totally unexpected and while I didn't like Greninja at first, I think it has grown on me now. Chesnaught is my least fave of the three I have to admit, so yeah sticking with Froakie!

Also, Serebii has said that the upcoming episode of Pokémon Get☆TV could reveal new information on X/Y:
    It has been announced that the variety show, Pokémon Get☆TV, which replaces the now finished Pokémon Smash, is to feature a segment in its upcoming episode on October 6th that will rank various features of Pokémon X & Y. It's not currently known whether or not the information within this segment will include new footage, but should anything air, we will post it here

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I don't get all the hate that the final evos are getting. In my opinion this gen's final evolutions are the absolute best yet. Never in a Pokemon gen have I liked all the final starters. I will admit I hate some 1rst and 2nd starters (Sorry but can't stand Fennekin/Braixen) but Delphox really made up for it to me. Chesnaught looks cool as hell and very unique. I might actually change from Froakie to Chespin after seeing him tbh. And I think he will be a fan favorite one day. Greninja is obviously cool like everyone already stated.

I think people need time to warm up to these Pokemon. And really see them in action instead of 1 or 2 blurry pictures. These final starters are all awesomely designed and unique in their own way. I love it!

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    No he didn't? He only played up to the... well, not even up to the 2nd gym, and it wasn't a review copy. No way could he know that, and I didn't see him say that either. Source?

Leak forums are unconfirmed too.

He did. Someone replied to it on his instagram i would screen shot it, but how do u view ALL the comments? It isn't on the current list.

With all the leakers playing the game for the whole day and final evo-ing lines, only 1 brand new pokemon from a new line has been seen, no one finds that strange?

Breakdown of the 52 for those questioning...

Chespin
    Quiladin
    Chesnaught
    Fennekin
    Braixen
    Delphox
    Froakie
    Frogadier
    Greninja
    Bunnelby
    Diggersby
    Fletchling
    Fletchinder
    Talonflame
    Pancham
    Pangoro
    Skiddo
    Gogoat
    Helioptile
    Heliolisk
    Scatterbug
    Spewpa
    Vivillion (at least 2 different patterens)
    Noivern
    Clauncher
    Skrelp
    Litleo
    Pyroar (Gender differences)
    Flabebe (Flower color differences)
    Honedge
    Doublade
    Inkay
    Malamar
    Swirlix
    Perokuriimu (JP name)
    Spritzee
    Furefuran (JP name)
    Orotto
    Dedene
    Furfrou
    Tyrunt
    Tryantrum
    Amaura
    Aurorus
    Espurr
    Meowstic (Gender differences)
    Carbink
    Binacle
    Hawlucha
    Sylveon
    Xerneas
    Yveltal

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    B-But the berries! There's gotta be something...
    Or else, what are they for? Kicks? xD
    Well you have EV berries and other berries. They have more use than just contests. So far there is no evidence that Contests are back. You can probably use the berries to make the Pokemon Amie treats.

What does everyone think about Gen VI introducing only 70 brand new pokemon?

We know of/have seen 52 as of right now, leaving only 18 more

Keep in mind, based off of the leaks, nothing past the second gym has really been shown. We got pictures of one leaker with the Chespin going up to Grant and getting the badge and he was in the lat 20s doing so, so he's shortly after the second badge maybe getting his third/on the way to the fourth....so they are barely even at the halfway mark when a lot of what we were given was given.

As far as I've seen none of them have shown Inkay yet either. So even though we have gotten 52 Pokemon, the leakers haven't explored 50% of the game so we could have way more than what we are thinking of right now.

Flying Press and Freeze Dry both seem to be the new battle mechanic that was otherwise confused for "Dual Type moves"

Both are moves that are Super Effective against a type that would normally resist the attack.

Flying Press is Fighting Type that deals SE Damage to Flying types while Freeze Dry is Ice and deals SE damage to Water types.

So it looks like moves that deal SE damage to types that normally resist is the real new battle mechanic.

I wonder if there will be a Fighting/Normal attack that hits Ghosts, Ground attack that hits Flying, Electric attack that hits Ground, Poison attack that hits Steel, Psychic attack that hits Dark, or Dragon Attack that hits Fairy. Attacks to bypass immunity just as the new attacks change a resistance to a weakness.

Last edited:

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • I certainly don't hate any of them. Mind you, it's been a long time, since generation 3, since I was truly excited for a starter. Gen 1,2,3 all had starters that I was addicted to instantly. 4 had to grow on me, 5 failed to grow on me.

I don't yet love these ones, but there's potential. I might even be a little excited for Chespin's line. I am looking forward to seeing then in motion

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Really? do you have a picture of it? I'd love to see it.

Not sure if its real
    [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Keep in mind, based off of the leaks, nothing past the second gym has really been shown. We got pictures of one leaker with the Chespin going up to Grant and getting the badge and he was in the lat 20s doing so, so he's shortly after the second badge maybe getting his third/on the way to the fourth....so they are barely even at the halfway mark when a lot of what we were given was given.

As far as I've seen none of them have shown Inkay yet either. So even though we have gotten 52 Pokemon, the leakers haven't explored 50% of the game so we could have way more than what we are thinking of right now.

Thats true... if there is only 70 and we have 52 plus some of these guys im sure have evo's and add the other legendaries im sure that we'll get that would mean that we have pretty much seen everything.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    ludeandconfused said blastoise gets seperate mega's like charizard well someone asked him and he said yup no idea how he knows it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Thats true... if there is only 70 and we have 52 plus some of these guys im sure have evo's and add the other legendaries im sure that we'll get that would mean that we have pretty much seen everything.

Seen everything....not even halfway through the game....that doesn't really make sense. I mean there are maybe 5 Pokemon lines that haven't been encountered yet and the furthest we've gotten info is up to the second badge.

ludeandconfused said blastoise gets seperate mega's like charizard well someone asked him and he said yup no idea how he knows it

We can tell by its Mega Stone which is how we found out about Charizard. If true then Squirtle in X and Blastoisenite X and Squirtle in Y has Blastoisenite Y. Funnily enough kosthedin never seemed to notice the X and Y at the end of his Blastoisenite when he got his squirtle and I think someone else mentioned that neither Venusaur nor Blastoise's Megastones had an X or Y tagged on. So this is something that'll need photographic proof.

Spoiler:

Aerodactylnite confrimed...Mega Aerodactyl yay!

DAMN those stats on Doublade....sadly its a defensive Pokemon but that has some decent attack power.

just realized...Heliolisk may not have another evolution...It evolves by stone. No Stone evolver has shown to be able to evolve any further as of yet so rumors of Helioptile having more evolutionary stages or becoming Electric/Dragon have pretty much just been proven false.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    That Chespin final evolution... Looks like a love child of Golem and Quilladin... :O

Are the Mega Evolution stones one-off items or reuseable?

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Seen everything....not even halfway through the game....that doesn't really make sense. I mean there are maybe 5 Pokemon lines that haven't been encountered yet and the furthest we've gotten info is up to the second badge.

We can tell by its Mega Stone which is how we found out about Charizard. If true then Squirtle in X and Blastoisenite X and Squirtle in Y has Blastoisenite Y. Funnily enough kosthedin never seemed to notice the X and Y at the end of his Blastoisenite when he got his squirtle and I think someone else mentioned that neither Venusaur nor Blastoise's Megastones had an X or Y tagged on. So this is something that'll need photographic proof.
    i have probably over mentioned the fact that i did not see an x or y on venusaurite so either blastoise didnt either and so he just assumed thats what they were all like and didnt think it anything worth posting but until we have a legit pic then take it with some skepticism as i only saw it once

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm not really liking any of the new Pokemon tbh. =/ I dislike Gredinja the least, so I guess that's who I'm picking. I actually do like Charizard X, though I'm confused on why they keep revealing X and Y Pokemon versions at separate times. I mean, I don't even like Mewtwo X as much as Y because I've known about Y for way longer than X. I think it's kinda odd? But oh well.

I hope they give us more Pokemon soon, because I don't even have 6 new ones that I like yet. D;

I guess since everyone's doing it!
    Grass: Sceptile - Meganium - Serperior - Torterra - Venasaur - Chasnaught
    Fire: Charizard - Blaziken - Typhlosion - Infernape - Emboar - Delphox
    Water: Feraligatr - Empoleon - Blastoise - Swampert - Samurott - Gredinja

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back