• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I really wanted Mega Houndoom, but I'm getting X :/. I wonder how much time is gonna take for there to be a good amount of Mega Stones for trade, since you cant buy them or hack them the only way to get multiple ones is to trade the stones into a second game and replay the game. I think Im gonna buy Y as well for this reason.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Ugh, what's up with all the trade requirements? Spritzee and Pumpakboo must be traded to evolve, which is my least favorite evolution method, and now Houndoom is exclusive to X but houndoomite is only in Y... What's the point of that? Not everyone has friends that also enjoy pokemon, but I guess that's what the GTS is for :/ still so excited to pick up my Y copy tomorrow, been waiting for this game for too long!
    Trade requirements and social interaction has always been a staple to the franchise since the very beginning. It's a clever strategy on how GF gets so much money as explained by Real Freaking Clever on youtube.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Nothing major but something funny I found. At a cafe in X/Y, there are two men at a table dining. One says "So what we're eating together as men. There's nothing wrong with that." Oh Nintedo. :p

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2019
    Now that Mega Aerodactyl has Tough Claws ability, does it mean it no longer has Rock head???

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
  • Most of the mega's are downright ridiculous looking. What exactly were they aiming for with mega evolutions?

Good looking
    Banette
    Blaziken
    Charizard X/Y
    Garchomp
    Kangaskhan
    Lucario
    Mawile
    Medicham

Meh
    Absol
    Aggron
    Ampharos
    Blastoise
    Gardevoir
    Gengar
    Gyarados
    Mewtwo Y
    Pinsir
    Venusaur

Dreadful
    Aerodactyl
    Alakazam
    Heracross
    Houndoom
    Manectric
    Mewtwo X
    Tyranitar

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Mega Garchomp -10/10
    Mega Aggron - 9.5/10
    Mega Abomasnow - 9.5/10
    Mega Ampharos - 9.5/10
    Mega Blastoise -9/10
    Mega Blaziken - 9/10
    Mega Absol - 9/10
    Mega Tyranitar - 9/10
    Mega Lucario -9/10
    Mega Houndoom - 9/10
    Mega Charizard x -9/10
    Mega Pinsir - 8.5/10
    Mega Mewtwo x - 8.5/10
    Mega Charizard y -8/10
    Mega Gengar - 8/10
    Mega Aerodactyl -8/10
    Mega Mawile - 8/10
    Mega Banette -8/10
    Mega Alakazam - 7/10
    Mega Gyarados - 7/10
    Mega Medicham - 7/10
    Mega Manectric - 7/10
    Mega Kangaskhan - 7/10
    Mega Venusaur - 7/10
    Mega Gardevoir - 4/10
    Mega Mewtwo y - 2/10
    Mega Heracross- (- 1/10)

OOO I wanna do this!

Mega Garchomp -7/10
    Mega Aggron - 7/10
    Mega Abomasnow - 9.5/10
    Mega Ampharos - 9.5/10
    Mega Blastoise -8.5/10
    Mega Blaziken - 9.5/10
    Mega Absol - 9.5/10
    Mega Tyranitar - 8/10
    Mega Lucario - 8/10
    Mega Houndoom - 9.5/10
    Mega Charizard x -9.5/10
    Mega Pinsir - 9/10
    Mega Mewtwo x - 7.5/10
    Mega Charizard y -8/10
    Mega Gengar - 10/10
    Mega Aerodactyl - 9/10
    Mega Mawile - 9.5/10
    Mega Banette - 10/10
    Mega Alakazam - 10/10
    Mega Gyarados - 6.5/10
    Mega Medicham - 10/10
    Mega Manectric - 6.5/10
    Mega Kangaskhan - 8.5/10
    Mega Venusaur - 6/10
    Mega Gardevoir - 9/10
    Mega Mewtwo y - 9/10
    Mega Heracross- 8.5/10

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Now that Mega Aerodactyl has Tough Claws ability, does it mean it no longer has Rock head???

Yes, when a Pokémon goes Mega, its original ability is overwritten in favor of the Mega's ability, even though some remain the same (like Abomasnow and Medicham).

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Most of the mega's are downright ridiculous looking. What exactly were they aiming for with mega evolutions?

Good looking
    Banette
    Blaziken
    Charizard X/Y
    Garchomp
    Kangaskhan
    Lucario
    Mawile
    Medicham

Meh
    Absol
    Aggron
    Ampharos
    Blastoise
    Gardevoir
    Gengar
    Gyarados
    Mewtwo Y
    Pinsir
    Venusaur

Dreadful
    Aerodactyl
    Alakazam
    Heracross
    Houndoom
    Manectric
    Mewtwo X
    Tyranitar

Here is my list:

Good:

Banette (So good looking,slick design with the awsome shadow claws...)
    Charizard X/Y
    Lucario
    Absol
    Mewtwo Y
    Alakazam (caught me off-guard but it looks like gandalf so imma gonna catch me some abra)
    Mewtwo X

Meh:
    Blaziken
    Kangaskhan (liked the concept of the double attack)
    Mawile
    Aggron (i can live with the horrible design and the ability...not gonna use aggron anyway -_-)
    Blastoise
    Abamasnow (which you forgot)

Kill.Me.Now.:
    Garchomp (Spikes and scythes...whatever.)
    Medicham (looks like a belly dancer who has achieved the zen)
    Ampharos (The only thing they did was to give him a wig.that is it.)
    Gardevoir (Is she wearing a wedding dress, or does the 3D makes her legs look fat?)
    Gengar (3rd eye...NO.)
    Gyarados
    Pinsir (What the hell gamefreak?! You only had one job, and u went and made him 4x weakness to steel?!)
    Venusaur (A flower, on his buttcheeks....LOL DERPED.)
    Tyranitar (More spikes...original.)
    Aerodactyl (more spikes and a goatee? Now that si unique! ...and ugly.)
    Heracross
    Houndoom (more spikes...YAY.)
    Manectric (i sugget you take him to the furfrou place GF.)

Between spikes,more spikes,more spikes and more skipes (so many freaking spikes!),3rd eyes,Scythes ,flowers on butts (lol venusaor),hairy dogs and the abomination we all know as MegaHeracross...i don't know if i will ever use these pokemon again! (Not that i use medicham,gyrados or manectric a lot, it just made me hate them more)....

I gotta say i kinda hate this mega thing.

Last edited:

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • My turn~

Mega Garchomp -8/10
    Mega Aggron - 7/10
    Mega Abomasnow - 6/10
    Mega Ampharos - 9/10
    Mega Blastoise -9/10
    Mega Blaziken - 9/10
    Mega Absol - 8/10
    Mega Tyranitar - 9/10
    Mega Lucario - 9/10
    Mega Houndoom - 9/10
    Mega Charizard x -9/10
    Mega Pinsir - 6/10
    Mega Mewtwo x - 8/10
    Mega Charizard y -8/10
    Mega Gengar - 8/10
    Mega Aerodactyl - 8/10
    Mega Mawile - 7/10
    Mega Banette - 8/10
    Mega Alakazam - 7/10
    Mega Gyarados - 7/10
    Mega Medicham - 7/10
    Mega Manectric - 5/10
    Mega Kangaskhan - 5/10
    Mega Venusaur - 6/10
    Mega Gardevoir - 7/10
    Mega Mewtwo y - 7/10
    Mega Heracross- 5/10

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I have to agree, I don't like the Megas much. I wish it was kept to 3 stage evolution families and Legendaries. Many Megas could and should have been a regular evolution. This is my least favorite update throughout all the generations.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Just saw the other Megas. And Mega Houndoom just looks amazing. It looks like the pokemon are exclusive to one game, but the stones of exclusive to the other. So yeah they are getting us to trade more this generation. Here is my ratings on the Megas. I ain't taking powers into consideration sense I am not a heavy Meta Player.

Mega Garchomp -7/10
    Mega Aggron - 6/10
    Mega Abomasnow - 6/10
    Mega Ampharos - 7/10
    Mega Blastoise -9/10
    Mega Blaziken - 10/10
    Mega Absol - 9/10
    Mega Tyranitar - 10/10
    Mega Lucario - 10/10
    Mega Houndoom - 10/10
    Mega Charizard x -10/10
    Mega Pinsir - 7/10
    Mega Mewtwo x - 8/10
    Mega Charizard y -6/10
    Mega Gengar - 6/10
    Mega Aerodactyl - 6/10
    Mega Mawile - 8/10
    Mega Banette - 8/10
    Mega Alakazam - 8/10
    Mega Gyarados - 9/10
    Mega Medicham - 9/10
    Mega Manectric - 4/10
    Mega Kangaskhan - 4/10
    Mega Venusaur - 7/10
    Mega Gardevoir - 4/10
    Mega Mewtwo y - 8/10
    Mega Heracross- 4/10

Please, please, PLEASE someone find Mega Krookodile and Empoleon lol. I would guess Empoleon is going to be an event though.

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Since everyone is doing it, let me join (:

Mega Garchomp -8/10
    Mega Aggron - 8/10
    Mega Abomasnow - 5/10
    Mega Ampharos - 6/10
    Mega Blastoise -8/10
    Mega Blaziken - 10/10
    Mega Absol - 7/10
    Mega Tyranitar - 8/10
    Mega Lucario - 8/10
    Mega Houndoom - 9/10
    Mega Charizard x -9/10
    Mega Pinsir - 10/10
    Mega Mewtwo x - 7/10
    Mega Charizard y -8/10
    Mega Gengar - 7/10
    Mega Aerodactyl - 7/10
    Mega Mawile - 8/10
    Mega Banette - 9/10
    Mega Alakazam - 9/10
    Mega Gyarados - 7/10
    Mega Medicham - 9/10
    Mega Manectric - 1/10
    Mega Kangaskhan - 3/10
    Mega Venusaur - 6/10
    Mega Gardevoir - 5/10
    Mega Mewtwo y - 7/10
    Mega Heracross- 3/10

Still hoping for other megas to be found.
    Luxray could easily get one and finally be electric/dark!

Years
  • Mega Venusaur - 6/10, Looks the Same as Regular Venusaur. Minimal additions to the overall look -- Good. Great ability too,

Mega Charizard X - 7/10, Awesome, keeping the same concept, giing him the shiny color as a default, and retyped him to the fan's Fire, Dragon type.

Mega Charizard Y - 7/10 Minimal "improvement" which is nice. Drought ability to add to its fire damage, and reduces the damage from water attacks :]

Mega Blastoise -5/10 I'm not a fan of the arm cannons, some people love him, not me.

Mega Alakazam - 4/10 eeeewwwww, They turned Alakazam into this thing.... An Old Man. The design makes sense however. Kid > Teen > Adult > Old Man. Ability. Why would an old man want to copy things if Old Alakazam would've mastered psychic abilities?

Mega Gengar - 5/10 I still liking the original gengar, but his shadow tag ability will making him a threat with things like perish song.

Mega Khangaskan -10/10 Parental Bond! The son has come out to fight! :D

Mega Pinsir - 5/10 Really Bug Flying? It has a nice ability kinda....

Mega Gyarados - 5/10 It looks like a fusion of magikarp and G-dos. The dark typing is complete left feild since everyone knows this guy is secretly a dragon, defensively it would've been amazing with levitate or intimdate, or swift swim (offense)!

Mega Aerodactyl - 4/10 Random Black Minierals.. the contact move, and his main attacks are rock slide / Earthquake, maybe if He learned Brave Bird the new ability would make sense on him.

Mega Mewtwo X 4/10 Mewtwo was already amazing. He never needed this evolution to begin with

Mega Mewtwo Y - 3/10 I dislike Mewtwo Y since I first saw his toes.

Mega Ampharos - 7/10 Beautiful! She is gorgoues and she has her cotton from when she was a kid. A Dragon like Glam Rocker Pokemon! :D

Mega Heracross - 1/10 Horid. Dumb. Stupid. Derp Face. The ability it has doesn't make any sense as H-cross doesn't learn anything to abuse the ability. Regular H-cross has 2 amazing abilities with Guts, and Moxie, making him execellt. What happens when he gets WoW'd and his guts goes away?

Mega Houndoom - 7/10 beautiful. minimal additions, this guy need a little boost to make him better. Fairy does nuetral to him as well. Though i wish he had an immunity to it in some form.

Mega Tyranitar - 5/10 Momma Tar became Arbok'd. Hmmm. No real opinion, but eww it is what it is.

Mega Blazekin - 6/10 Not sure what to say. I miss the red and yellow, but he gets a black belt, and attack and speed boost which is good :]

Mega Gardevoir - 8/10 a man in a wedding dress. come on game freak. make a tuexdo version of her for the male varients. It is awesome as a waifu i guess. lol. Perfect!

Mega Mawile - 7/10 I loved him since i first saw this mega form. I pray mawile is usable now!

Mega Aggron - 6/10 Losses its horrible rock sub typing, lossing a few 4x weaknesses, and gaining an ability to reduce super effective hits. Gamefreak did good here.

Mega Medicham - 4/10 I'm pretty sure Medicham doesn't learn belly drum or any dance moves. it's an okay design. I think medicham is missing a final form. This doesn't compare to what it could be, choice band, huge power, Medichamp.

Mega Manectric - 7/10 some people hate it some guys like it. he was already awesome. he looks really bulky though for no reason. Maybe he can perfrom instant transmission. Go SSj3 Manetric

Mega Banette - 7/10. Finally he got some love, but lets just wait for mega dusknoir. mkay?

Mega Absol - 6/10 The chaos pokemon. Was hoping he would gain a real evo and be retyped as dark/fairy.

Mega Garchomp - 4/10 didn't need to happen at all dumb spikes, dumb scythes. people love it for some reason. i dont really hate it, whatevs.

Mega Lucario - 8/10 I hope he will take a few hits, awesome design. Adaptability of CC's and Bullet Punches. IT IS ON!!

I hope they won't be anymore stupid mega designs example HERACROSS.
    In the future I hope they will correct this problem or act like mega's never existed, and become real evolutions in gen VII (with stage 3 being form differences that can happen outside of battle.)

Generally Megas were not needed to make every pokemon on the uber tier, and making uber pokes more uber. come on Mega Arceus. JK

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    i just noticed something odd i just got to the guy who says kalos is nice but you should check his out and instead of saying about the facility he says we have this town you wouldn't believe. i dont know if the pic online of this convo is from y and that is why they are different but i thought i'd tell you guys

Years
  • Mega Alakazam and Houndoom look reaaally nice!
    But what the heck happened to Manectic??! Did they just stretch his sprite? xD

For those who havent seen him yet:

Spoiler:

OMG they ruined one of my fave Electrics! I've always loved Manectric ever since my days of playing Ruby and yeah I do agree with most of you that it looks horrid in the Mega form.

And yeah I'm a little pissed myself that some Mega Stones are version exclusives, but not in the version their respective Pokemon is (Manectric and Houndoom, I'm looking at you!). It's like Game Freak are encouraging you to trade, whether it'd be local or via GTS. Even four of the Kalos Pokemon (Swirlix, Spritzee, Phantump and Pumpkaboo) require trading to evolve, which is quite bad if you don't get both versions or have wi-fi access that's good enough for the GTS.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    some people dont understand. Just because a pokemon gets a megaevolution, doesnt mean you have to use it. If you like it, use it. if you dont, dont worry about it! i just think its annoying saying they ruined that pokemon and ugh thats horrible i will never like him again. Theres a reason its only for batle people!

Years
  • some people dont understand. Just because a pokemon gets a megaevolution, doesnt mean you have to use it. If you like it, use it. if you dont, dont worry about it! i just think its annoying saying they ruined that pokemon and ugh thats horrible i will never like him again. Theres a reason its only for batle people!

Yeah it's true. Not that I'll use them that often anyway but I'll do a review like the others seem to be doing right.

Here are my thoughts on each Mega Evolution

Awesome
    Charizard X
    Blaziken
    Medicham
    Banette
    Houndoom
    Mawile
    Ampharos
    Gengar
    Abomasnow

Okay
    Charizard Y
    Venusaur
    Blastoise
    Aggron
    Pinsir
    Kangaskhan
    Garchomp
    Lucario
    Mewtwo X
    Mewtwo Y
    Gyarados

Terrible
    Manectric
    Heracross
    Tyranitar
    Aerodactyl

Now this is just going by looks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    i likem any pokemon. it doesnt matter what they look like or what theyre based off of. i love every pokemon equally except legendaries which i like a whole lot better but i dont hate on pokemon. each gen has their flaws but we should choose to make do with them. sure a giant load of garbage is weird. but have you seen it in the anime? it can shoot its arms and make them really long and slap a pikachu with those things! how much cooler can you get?! but i like mega heracross. i think its really cool for him

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back