• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So... What languages do you know?

emoBill™

† мазохист †
Years
maybe another ten words of German due to listening to too much Tokio Hotel. xD; -shot-
No surprise there :3

And yeah, I'm not doing too well in Russian xD I like sticking with German and English because there are only four letters in German different from English: ä, ö, ü, and ß. And they're easy to keep track of. With Russian's 33 or so letters, I get really confused ;__;

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
Obviously I speak English, and I am semi-almost-fluent-ish in German from studying it for 3 years. Would have been doing it this year too but they cut the program from my school due to budget cuts :C But I'm going to pick it up again in college, as it's my hope to go to Germany someday and spend some time there n.n

I also speak a couple words of Vulcan from watching too much Star Trek, if that counts... xD

emoBill™

† мазохист †
Years
But I'm going to pick it up again in college, as it's my hope to go to Germany someday and spend some time there n.n
I'll kidnap you and stuff you into my suitcase so we can go there together :3
I was born and raised in Germany, and I'm going back after college, so yeah xD

I used to speak Klingon when I was little.
I'm scared of those times >:

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
I'll kidnap you and stuff you into my suitcase so we can go there together :3
I was born and raised in Germany, and I'm going back after college, so yeah xD

I used to speak Klingon when I was little.
I'm scared of those times >:

Haha sounds like a plan xD I'm a pretty small person so I'll fit into your suitcase no problem :P

Aww sounds cute xD a little kid speaking Klingon... aww! <3

emoBill™

† мазохист †
Years
Aww sounds cute xD a little kid speaking Klingon... aww! <3
ಠ__ಠ
No. Especially since I'm a girl.

l_8f909bd79665465d9ad5b93b52769a95.jpg

^ Picture that speaking Klingon.
[I'm the girl in the middle, the oldest one.]
Taken during a trip to America when we stopped in Atlantic City to see a baseball game.
._.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Considering Français is my first language, I can say that I know that, English and a little bit of German, though I am horrible at German, really.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2010
I just realized. I forgot to put that I was also attempting to learn German. (That's going slightly better than the Russian. >_>) Although, all I know right now is "Der Junge isst." XD

emoBill™

† мазохист †
Years
I just realized. I forgot to put that I was also attempting to learn German. (That's going slightly better than the Russian. >_>) Although, all I know right now is "Der Junge isst." XD
"The boy eats."

Bahahahaha.

@Kleinchen: Trust me, it was not cute >___>
...probably. I don't even remember.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2015
even throw in some of those theta signs with the slash through the O
Which character are you talking about? 'Cause I learn Russian and as far I know, that isn't part of the alphabet. XD;

In answer to OP's question: I am currently learning Russian and I know enough French and Spanish to get by. I'd love to learn Korean or Japanese or something - something Asian 'cause it sounds cool. :B

emoBill™

† мазохист †
Years
If you wanted to be technical, I could say I was talking about Ф.

But actually I meant ø.
I didn't say it was Russian specifically xD
I just said I also use it.
:3

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 5, 2015
'Kay. Well, I know the first one is in the alphabet 'cause I need it to spell my real name. Isn't the second character Greek? Wait .. why am I analysing this so much? XD;

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
I can speak fluent and advance English, where I live (even though it is in America) that is impressive.

I'm suppose also be learning Spanish, but I hardly pay attention in class, yet for some reason I'm still getting and A.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
Years
'Kay. Well, I know the first one is in the alphabet 'cause I need it to spell my real name. Isn't the second character Greek? And why am I analysing this so much? XD;
Oh, that's so cool. You should totes VM me your real name ;]

Yes, the second character is Greek, hence the 'theta'. I find it a really interesting character. I love the way it looks. But actually the one I posted isn't Greek, it's a math symbol...or something. I think it's, like, null set or something. But it's very close to the theta sign. The theta sign is a 0 slashed and I don't like it as much as a circle slashed. I really like the weird E sign as well, the one that means "sum". I forget what it's called D:

Back