• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So... What languages do you know?

Aquerex

A New Beggining
Years
  • I happen to know English and American ;)

Lol seriously, my main language is English, but I do know a little bit of Spanish. Just a few sentances XD

Last edited:

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • French (I am French)
    Portuguese (I live in a Portuguese-colonised country)
    Indian (I am Indian but I only understand a bit)
    and I understand a bit of Italian and I know a few insults in German, Japanese and Arabic ;)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I know English.

I learned Spanish in school, but I've forgotten most of it due to non use. Ditto with C++ and JAVA (both computer languages XD)

I'm picking up on a very limited amount of Japanese courtesy of my anime addiction :P

Years
  • I know English,Irish,Russian,Latvian and a bit of French(I live in Ireland so I know Irish)(I am from Latvia so I know Latvian but if you look back to my great grandparents at second world war they moved to Latvia,in Latvia most people speach in Russian.

Ricky429

Turtwig lovers unite!!!
    Years
  • I know French, Spanish, and currently learning German. German is the number one language ive always wanted to learn. Idk y but its always seemed like a cool language to me lol.

firestormx19

i'm never loging in again.
    Years
  • i know a bit of japanese and chinese thanks to the my coach games for the ds. i really need to start using them again. i'm starting to lose my japanese and chinese and it fun to play the mini games.

Sotto Voce

woohoo!!
    Years
  • Other than the obvious, quite a bit of Spanish (took classes in school, although I'm a bit slow due to lack of use) and ASL (I have a deaf friend so I learned on my own and I'm pretty fluent now). :)

Last edited:

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
  • English-main language
    German-took classes
    Spanish-grew up with it
    French-took classes
    Italian-taught myself since my school doesn't teach Italian.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The only language I can speak fluently is English. n_n I've learned some Spanish and Hindi before, but I can only make notice of a few words from the two. However, I would like to be able to learn Japanese; could help with future upcoming pokémon games. XD;

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Well, I speak Spanish, English, French and a little bit of japanese. :3

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I live in the Netherlands so of course I can speak/write/read Dutch. I can also speak Spanish and French

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Apart from English I can fully understand Tagalog but have a hard time trying to speak it since I was born in an English speaking country. But I also know a tiny bit of French, German, Spanish and Chinese

Years
  • I can speak English and French.

As for the French bit, I've been learning it for ten years, so it's pretty good. I still get some words messed up and such, but I guess that's normal. I can carry on a good conversation pretty well though, so I guess that's what counts.

POKEMON_MASTER_0

caffeine 1mg/mL, 240 mL po q4h prn fatigue
    Years
  • Spanish is my second language. I'm currently taking my fourth year of it in school. I would say that although in-class lessons have helped a lot, it helps even more to use it outside of the classroom (speaking, listening, writing...).

I have plenty of opportunities to use it. About twenty percent of the population in my town speaks Spanish as their first language; there is a sizable community of Mexican immigrants here. Although the majority of the immigrant-students catch onto English quick, the adults generally have a tougher time.

Also, I have a question for those here who know multiple languages. When you dream, do you dream only in a particular language, or does it change from time to time? I've had some Spanish dreams, but they occur very, very rarely.

Back