• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

some of my old pixel art

Years
    some of my old pixel art

Monana, the Ripe Pokémon.
    Type: Grass

Also for altariaking's ROM Hack, a pre-evolution for Tropius. It's completely scratch (well, it uses Tropius' BW palette), and I'm rather proud of it.

Years
    I present to you Sherbaa's evolution:
    some of my old pixel art

Tox, the Poison Candy Pokémon.
    Type: Normal/Poison
    Pokédex Entry: It leaves a trail of poisonous sherbert wherever it goes. Only fools try to eat the candy that grows on it's fur.

Last edited:

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
    I present to you Sherbaa's evolution:
    some of my old pixel art

Tox, the Poison Candy Pokémon.
    Type: Normal/Poison
    Pokédex Entry: It leaves a trail of poisonous sherbert wherever it goes. Only fools try to eat the candy that grows on it's fur.

Still looks tasty...I geuss I'm a fool? xD
    Hansel and Grettel dejavu I geuss.

Years
    I admit to not having any new work to show, so instead indulge in this video showing me make the Houndour/Umbreon/Poochyena fusion I posted a while back. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga_vJAUvxgY
    [I don't think the music is working, unfortunately. >:]

For those who forgot what the sprite looks like at ordinary size:
    some of my old pixel art

i was happy about it until I saw you removed part of Poochyena's head and putting on Umbreon's ear. Now the head looks sort of flat. ):

Years
    Still looks tasty...I geuss I'm a fool? xD
    Hansel and Grettel dejavu I geuss.
    I suppose so. Or you've a death wish, XD;
    If I'm honest I didn't make the connection with Hansel and Grettel until I read this post, XD. Thanks!

i was happy about it until I saw you removed part of Poochyena's head and putting on Umbreon's ear. Now the head looks sort of flat. ):
    You know, now I look at it again, it does look flat. If I ever go back to this sprite, I'll be sure to change it.

--

I think I might go back on my work and actually make The Adventures of Monokid into a game. In fact, I've been working on some serious sprites for it:
    some of my old pixel art

They're all 100% scratch. :D

Years
    some of my old pixel art

This is a screenshot from the beginning cutscene (before any text has been added, mind you), showing Monokid as a baby, with his Colour Essence being taken away by the Painters. The cutscene is more of a storyboard, similar to in Kirby.
    For more info on Monokid, click --> me <-- :]

--

e:
    some of my old pixel art

MOAR MONOKID.

So yeah, some new sprites for my game project.

Last edited:

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
    Really like the sprites of monokid - keep the good work up! ;)
    As for the professr - I don't know what to say. xD
    He's so bold that his head is reflecting the light lol!

Anyways, the lineart is good, it's just that i'm not too fond of bald characters. xD

Years
    Your monokid work looks very nice. I remember your mockup of something not quite as advanced as what you have now and it would be great to see something like for your new work since these don't have much context. 'Cause you know, cute as these are, they need a cute environment. But yeah, I like these because they're simple, but still pleasing to look at for their cartoon-y characteristics.

Years
    Really like the sprites of monokid - keep the good work up! ;)
    As for the professr - I don't know what to say. xD
    He's so bold that his head is reflecting the light lol!

Anyways, the lineart is good, it's just that i'm not too fond of bald characters. xD
    Thanks! As for the baldness, well, t'wasn't my concept and stuff.

Your monokid work looks very nice. I remember your mockup of something not quite as advanced as what you have now and it would be great to see something like for your new work since these don't have much context. 'Cause you know, cute as these are, they need a cute environment. But yeah, I like these because they're simple, but still pleasing to look at for their cartoon-y characteristics.
    Thanks, Scarf. In fact, I've some tiles here:
    some of my old pixel art

...along with some other edits to the likes of Sunny and Shrubbi. I'm not 100% satisfied with the tiles, so any suggestions would be appreciated, especially for how I should go about making the texture of the mud part.

e:
    some of my old pixel art
    A mockup screen, as requested. :D The text is just 7.5 Arial, and will most probably change (as with the text on the GUI). There's also some of the newer tiles I've done. o3o

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    These are some nice sprites. On monokid however, the highlights seem to be in wierd places. I would put them in a blob-like form, towards the top of the head. The highlight over the eyes just look wierd.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
    I think that's simply the style, as they all have the highlighting in that location, and the facial features are independant of the lighting effects. I rather like it, it gives a cutesy appearance.

Back