• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SPOILER] Shiny Gen VI Legendaries Revealed

Years
  • So they revealed the shiny diancie for north america. Smealum was spot on, I still think there is some glitches with his xerneas and I'm not a fan of hoops being all gold but his diamcie is proof he got something right

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Regardless of any shiny lock.. there will be shiny versions.. the same way how people have shiny previous gen legendaries.. regardless if GameFreak has a Shiny Lock, it doesn't stop indivduals from just creating/generating a Shiny Legendary.. Which is why we have Shiny Latis, Shiny Keldeos, Shiny Shaymins, Shiny mews, etc.

Apparently the same websites that offer GTS uploading services to B/W, state that they will add Gen 6 support in a ~month. and wont be long for pokegen to get a update to create hacked/generated gen 6 pokemon.. they've already started initial work on it and revealed that gen 6 will use .pkx files instead of .pkm (since info is different) and have made available examples that they made and also showed a screenshot of one that they created:
    Spoiler:

I keep seeing this over and over, just because there was a shiny lock in previous gen games doesn't mean EVERY game had a shiny lock. The Jirachi from the Colloseum bonus disc could create shiny Jirachi (I had one) I THINK only gen 5 and up had shiny locked pokemon, whereas previous to that legendaries could be shiny, but people ALWAYS presume that ANY legendary MUST be hacked because that last gen games locked their legendaries from being shiny. and haven't the websites that have been doing hacking for B/W been claiming they "are working on X and Y and will be out soon" since October? (I'm not saying that they won't ever come out with a hack, I'm just saying what they say is "soon" isn't always)

Years
  • I keep seeing this over and over, just because there was a shiny lock in previous gen games doesn't mean EVERY game had a shiny lock. The Jirachi from the Colloseum bonus disc could create shiny Jirachi (I had one) I THINK only gen 5 and up had shiny locked pokemon, whereas previous to that legendaries could be shiny, but people ALWAYS presume that ANY legendary MUST be hacked because that last gen games locked their legendaries from being shiny. and haven't the websites that have been doing hacking for B/W been claiming they "are working on X and Y and will be out soon" since October? (I'm not saying that they won't ever come out with a hack, I'm just saying what they say is "soon" isn't always)

There are couple instances where there was a shiny lock. Most events did (10 ANIV for example), and Ageto Celebi was as well. WISHMKR Jirachi was intended to be shiny locked but it wasn't. If you're talking about in-game shiny lock, though, you have a point, though I don't know if you intended to tie Collosseum Jirachi into your argument.

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • I always wondered why GameFreak chose some of the most mundane color changes for shiny pokemon. When they introduced shinies in G/S/C, they used Red Gyrados as the poster-pokemon, one of the more drastic, and in my opinion, more beautiful alterations to the original color. Yet all of the starters at the time - and many since then - have some really bland changes.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Shiny Xerneas looks awesome, is he one of the impossible shinies? He looks like a half finished painting and I love it!!!

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Regardless of any shiny lock.. there will be shiny versions.. the same way how people have shiny previous gen legendaries.. regardless if GameFreak has a Shiny Lock, it doesn't stop indivduals from just creating/generating a Shiny Legendary.. Which is why we have Shiny Latis, Shiny Keldeos, Shiny Shaymins, Shiny mews, etc.

Apparently the same websites that offer GTS uploading services to B/W, state that they will add Gen 6 support in a ~month. and wont be long for pokegen to get a update to create hacked/generated gen 6 pokemon.. they've already started initial work on it and revealed that gen 6 will use .pkx files instead of .pkm (since info is different) and have made available examples that they made and also showed a screenshot of one that they created:
    Spoiler:

I'd just like to point out that they are only planning battle video support by the end of the month. The GTS and Wonder Trade are encrypted.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I got a shiny Kyurem for my shiny Moltres today and its allowed a sneak peak at shiny Zekrom. It appears Zekrom shiny form changes the Blue accents to Green.
    When I got Black2 it had a box of badly hacked Pokémon (all met at lv.1) and shiny Reshiram was one. It had gold rings on its tail instead of white. Looked awesome, wish it was viewable in 3D!

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Wow im kind of glad they shiny locked some of the legendaries.. especiall xerneas :P and yes gmae freak devs must have been colour blind :P

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Wow im kind of glad they shiny locked some of the legendaries.. especiall xerneas :P and yes gmae freak devs must have been colour blind :P

Well comparing the In-Game screenshot of Shiny Diancie with lighting, correctly aligned textures,and some gloss... Diancie looks much better in-game compared to the Flat colored non-environmental lighting, etc, of the leaks.. so Xerneas and the rest could benefit as well in-game and look much better :D!

Also all "Shiny Lock" means is, the Shiny version just can't be obtained legitimately in-game (i.e. soft resetting your game until you encounter Shiny Xerneas). however this does not stop a generated/hacked version to be made. Similar to how we have Shiny Keldeo, Shiny Meloetta, Shiny Jirachi, Shiny Arceus, etc, over in Black/White.. Once the PokeGTS/PokeGen communities and programs update to include Gen 6 Support (PokeGen 6th Gen development is currently under process) and they release an update to the application, you can bet that same day, you'll see hundreds or thousands of Shiny Xerneas', Zygardes, and Yveltals popping up for trade on the GTS and all over various Pokemon forums (maybe even early leaks of Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion in peoples boxes and in trade).

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Also looks like Shiny Latis were verified as well:

and as i thought :P they look much better in game with it's lighting/environmental effects.

i've updated the main post with the new images, other images and video

p.s. if anyone is wondering how people are doing this: https://powersaves3ds.maximummemory.com/

apparently Datel Powersaves now Supports Pokemon X/Y (aka Action Replay)

Last edited by a moderator:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm totally here for shiny Yveltal & Zygarde. I just want these Pokemon to be released in general, along with the 3 unreleased legendary Pokemon and the Lati@s mega stones. I hate waiting for things I already know about.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • Oh my gosh! I love all three shiny's!!!! When will we get these!?!? Volcarian looks cool but I don't like his golden shiny form, does not make sense :P anyway this got me excited!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Yveltal's shiny immediately made me think of a "flying Groudon" ... =/
    Xerneas' shiny is like...he's frozen in ace or something.

Zygarde...
    My bros never actually understood what the heck that worm-cobra really is, and I'll quote what they have said about it earlier. "It became uglier and wtf-er..."

I like the green Lati@s shiny megavolutions.
    I'm just sad that I'll need to megavolve them to have them. -,-

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • They do look way better in-game in my opinion. I like Yveltal the best. Reminds me of a candy cane.
    I also think Zygarde's shiny looks better to me now that I've seen it in game. I would have preferred they kept it black with different color scales/lights/spot thingies.
    Plot twist: The legends are actually made of coral and they're having coral bleaching due to environmental problems. Get it together, Kalos. ;P

Back