• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Good find, thanks a lot for that. I wonder if you're able to battle him?

On PokéBeach I believe his team and/or his range of level is said to be revealed. So, it is very likely that we can have a battle with the possible Giovanni. Also to note, if you read the dialogue translation then you will know a battle seemed to occur between you (the player) and the possible Giovanni.

Last edited:

Kamui

´
    Years
    After getting the masterball when heading east from Newbark town, why is Soul stopping me?
    What is she sayin..

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Guys, I've been over at Serebii for the past hour.
    The Celebi-Giovanni connection, found in the script they could barely translate, and got done on a hunch, is all just speculation.
    There is nothing definitely confirmed.
    He is of course in the game, with pokemon, dialogue, a two-framed in-battle animation, and a unique VS. Banner like other gym leaders, elites, silver.
    Whether he is an event, or just deeply hidden within the game or possibly just Beta Data, we won't know until an official source confirms it.
    Again, it's all speculation until officials confirm anything at all.

Or until it gets an english release in America in 6 months, with a rom that can be hack into and data found with clarity in english as opposed to trying to translate and speculate from the japanese we so barely understand.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    After getting the masterball when heading east from Newbark town, why is Soul stopping me?
    What is she sayin..
    Go and battle the Kimono Girls and then get legendary.

As for that weird item RockmanEXE, for some reason there seems to be items with reversed colours to their normal counterparts or something.

Another thing is that there seem to be the items from FR/LG in the item list, as well as some R/S/E ones.

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    New Giovanni sprite has been uploaded to Bulbapedia.

[SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I wouldn't confirm this to be Giovanni as yet. Yes, the translations seem proper and all, but because of things still being unclear I wouldn't go into assuming this is Giovanni. I do agree however that the sprite has very similar appearance to that of Giovanni from before, but looks can be decieving. Now because most are playing this through ROM things can be altered very easily by others. However there is known to be a possible battle with this man, but it is still not 100% sure if this could be Giovanni in real or if it may be someone else of certain importance to the game.

Kamui

´
    Years
    Go and battle the Kimono Girls and then get legendary.

As for that weird item RockmanEXE, for some reason there seems to be items with reversed colours to their normal counterparts or something.

Another thing is that there seem to be the items from FR/LG in the item list, as well as some R/S/E ones.

Alrite, just defeated the Kimonos. They went out somewhere... where do you go after that? Which legendary do you have to catch?

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    I love this.
    The Great Giovanni Hunt.
    I can bet that in a couple of years, we'll all look back on this and laugh hard at how stupid and simple it was to find him when we couldn't find him the first time round.

I bet it's gonna be confirmed that he's in some in-you-face area that you've probably checked a couple of times.
    I really can't see GameFreak being that cheap as to use ONE pokemon character with a mid 40s levelled team as the center of an event to be released considering our Pokemon will be well beyond that level when and if it is released.
    He's either in plain sight and overlooked(He looks quite like a gentleman) or he's Beta Data.

Now, some as saying he's on the SS Aqua from Johto to Kanto.
    Some are saying this is wrong but the trainers on the boat change for each day of the week.
    So until we go on the SS Aqua from Johto to Kanto from Monday to Sunday and check every single trainer, we'll never know.

Anyone bother to check Dark Cave via the entrance south of Blackthorn? I'd say there's a chance he'd be in there somewhere.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back