• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Alright, after a little bit of reading, I've gained more insight on how the headbutt trees work. First off, all trees can be headbutted, which we know. Though there is a catch, when you headbutt a tree and no Pokémon comes out, then no Pokémon will ever come out of that tree. However, if some trees you headbutt and encounter a Pokémon, then you will always encounter a Pokémon in that tree. So I would suggest that players try and keep note on which trees have available Pokémon and those that do not.

To see the list of Pokémon available on the headbutt trees both before and after the National Dex and the version exclusives, then follow this link to Serebii's Site.

Headbutt Trees
    The headbutt trees is a good idea. Although confusing, it makes headbutting concept so much easier since you only have to encounter a Pokemon once and that tree will always have an encounter. The only problem is keeping an exact note of which tree is which.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The headbutt trees is a good idea. Although confusing, it makes headbutting concept so much easier since you only have to encounter a Pokemon once and that tree will always have an encounter. The only problem is keeping an exact note of which tree is which.

Seeing as though the trees you do headbutt and have available Pokémon on it, I would assume players would simply mark their most preferred location. No tree holds a specific Pokémon compared to the one next to it, except for Kanto having more Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon available within them. I wouldn't say it is confusing as long as you know what to do, but it is easier from Gold, Silver, and Crystal as there is no specific tree only used for headbutts, but more so a larger variety.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Yeah, the new Headbutting is way easier. In GSC sometimes I'd keep Headbutting the same tree for like 5 minutes to see if I could finally get a Pokemon, and sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't. This is much better since I won't have to waste time wondering if this particular tree will give me anything or not :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    About Moltres, got all 16 badges, but, the waterfall before meeting him, seems to strong and doesnt let me use waterfall in it, whats missing ? ty

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'd say the move Waterfall itself is missing from your team's movesets? =/ Or make sure you're pressing A on the Waterfall itself...

But on a different note - please stop asking questions here, and save them for the Help Thread sticky, please.

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
  • I hate all of you who get to play the game now. I'd get it on a rom but i can't read japanese(or are u somehow playing it in English?).
    I have to wait until next year to play it.

Oh, by the way, I don't actually hate you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    I could just dl the ROM now, but I'm just gonna wait the old-fashioned way for it to come out here in the US. I did listen to some of the songs already, but other than that, I'm just gonna wait.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Its not really an enjoyable experience playing it on a freezy ROM so its worth waiting for. Im still in awe with the Overworld sprites.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Basically if you are really eager to play the game and can't wait for its release in your location, then you have two options beforehand. Play the ROM available or import it. Of course both choices has its disadvantages as well as advantages, but you'll have to compare those to the advantages and disadvantages of waiting for the English release. The major problem is waiting, but if you shift your mind to something else for the time being, you'll notice the release near you come by sooner than thought in mind. I would tell you to wait as it'll save you the expense from importing and save you from the hassle of downloading the ROM and end up getting stuck by a freezing point, etc.

As for the Overworld Sprites, most of them are breathtaking, have you seen Wailord yet, because I saw it within the game and I don't think it could have been done better. Though, I would have to say differently for Graveler. :\

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2009
    I accept: it's only the start of the coverage! Something tells me Gamefreak's managed to blow Platinum out of the water. Red's definitely in the game - even though i have never doubted that. Red has a slightly diferent roster. This will be nice to see,
    I guess we can post here, now that its open?
    It's very interesting Articuno's deep in Seafoam Islands. This may mean that Cinnabar Island is not destroyed, or Blaine has moved elsewhere. It ma also mean that Kanto haas beeen enlarged.
    The inclusion of the new legends is great, i love it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I accept: it's only the start of the coverage! Something tells me Gamefreak's managed to blow Platinum out of the water.
    Well, HeartGold and SoulSilver have been in thought since the release of Diamond and Pearl. After so much time and after including all what is within the game now, plus the high percentage of requests for this game after the release of FRLG, then yes GameFreak has made these two remakes blow over when compared to Platinum.

Red's definitely in the game - even though i have never doubted that. Red has a slightly diferent roster.
    Red's slight alter in roster basically matches up with his new location in Mt. Silver. When battling him there will be a Blizzard, three of his Pokémon know the move Blizzard and because of the added weather effect, their accuracy hits 100. Not to mention, having Lapras instead of Espeon gives Lapras immunity against the Blizzard.

I guess we can post here, now that its open?
    Well...I guess you're right. xD

It's very interesting Articuno's deep in Seafoam Islands. This may mean that Cinnabar Island is not destroyed, or Blaine has moved elsewhere. It ma also mean that Kanto haas beeen enlarged.
    Cinnabar Island is still destroyed, but you still have access to a small portion to the island for certain reasons. One includes a rematch set-up with Green/Blue and for a team photo. However, Blaine's gym is still found within Seafoam Islands regardless of Articuno being present there.

Also, yes Kanto has regained full size like in FRLG.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I just saw this while browsing DS games.
    Check the pre-order date.
    https://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75770
    This has actually been brought up a couple of times before. It is the same on GameStop's official site as well. However, you really cannot follow this pre-order date because it is just a placemarker until the official release date for the English versions of HeartGold and SoulSilver are released. I would wait until either Nintendo themselves or another official source released the actual release date for the games. For now, all that is known is that it will be released in Spring of 2010. Nothing further is known other than this.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Fear the awesomeness of:
    [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Hibiki in a Jersey!

Oh, and even more awesome:

Kotone without her hat!

By the way these are straight from the game - the Pokéthlon, to be exact. Ripped them myself as soon as I found them. (Who gives a damn if they've been found earlier than that, of course.)
    Your Kotone is transparent and it creeps the hell out of me on inverted Pokethletes with full black eyes and a more crimson black suit. And of course they were found earlier how do you think I got my avatar way earlier then you?
    https://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7841/coro1.jpg
    https://img188.imageshack.us/img188/1548/coro2t.jpg
    Ninja edit.

Last edited:

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Don't know if anyone else has noticed this but..
    The stats page now tells you which stat is boosted and which is decreased depending on nature.
    The shadow for the stat that is boosted is red..
    And The shadow for the stat that is decreased is blue..

I've got an image here - you can kind of see it for the red one, but the blue is hard to see. The best way for you to see, I guess, would be to check it out in the game yourself.

It's kinda useful for people like me who are always forgetting which natures do what :P.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Fear the awesomeness of:

Hibiki in a Jersey!

Oh, and even more awesome:

Kotone without her hat!

By the way these are straight from the game - the Pokéthlon, to be exact. Ripped them myself as soon as I found them. (Who gives a damn if they've been found earlier than that, of course.)
    Until now I'm finally clarified on which sprites these are to be exact. Nice to see the change in clothes feature was brought back since DPPt introduced the change in outfits for their Super Contests. Now that it is made for the Pokéthelon, it only shares more relation to its replacement of the Contests. Regardless, nice find even if it was only found some weeks later after. :P

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this but..
    The stats page now tells you which stat is boosted and which is decreased depending on nature.
    The shadow for the stat that is boosted is red..
    And The shadow for the stat that is decreased is blue..

Spoiler:

I've got an image here - you can kind of see it for the red one, but the blue is hard to see. The best way for you to see, I guess, would be to check it out in the game yourself.

It's kinda useful for people like me who are always forgetting which natures do what :P.
    Technically this isn't true. If you look at the other stats given for Raichu, you will notice that its Speed is higher than its Special Attack yet the shadowing is still the same. This is only a pattern design to show the stats on screen, it has nothing to do with which stat is higher than the next depending on the nature. This is why it goes from dark gray, to light gray, and so on.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • No, he's right. If you look closely, the increased stat and decreased stat are coloured red and blue.
    It's really difficult to see but now that you do mention it I can see a bit of the red outline and blue as well around the character letters for the Attack stat and Special Defense stat. What I originally thought was the shadowed bars that placed each stat, I never thought it was in the characters themselves. Nice find regardless though, and definitely a nice feature to the games.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Any news for europe release date?? :(
    No further news about the release date for both the UK and the US has been told as yet. All that is known so far is that they are scheduled to be released upon Spring of 2010. You will have to keep informed through official sources such as Nintendo or reliable sites such as Serebii until further information is released upon this matter.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back