• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SPOILERS: Starter Evo Types Leaked?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • If they push through with Litten's evolved forms having that Fire/Poison typing will be a double edged sword to me. It will be a definite fairy slayer but damn that's going to be some 4x weakness to ground though. Ground type trainers are going to be a pain for Team Littens...

I always liked the Water/Fighting combination which is why Poliwrath is one of my favorite mons. I can already see that awesome movepool.

Sirfetch’d

I had my hopes up for Fire/Poison Litten but Fire/Ground isn't all so bad. It will be a very strong type offensively but that crippling Water type weakness will suck :( Water/Fighting is really cool though for the Popplio line! I have to say that I am not really disappointed by it at all.

Here is to hoping that we get better Fighting type moves for the Popplio line if it's special. Aura Sphere and Focus Blast aren't good enough imo :s

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Fire/Ground is probably one of the last typing combinations I would've thought Litten to become. Water/Fighting for Popplio seems plausible, I'd rather that than another Water/Ice type tbh. It does seem a bit unbalanced though, particularly for Litten who would end up having a x4 weakness to Water-types and losing the resistance to Grass-types..

Years
  • Popplio becoming a Water/Fighting-type gives me hope for it not evolving into something too silly and derpy. I'm pretty pleased in general since Water/Fighting is a typing I wish there were more of. Same with Fire/Ground. Overall, these are probably good choices.

Juice585

M'Ampharos
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Water/Fighting isn't the best though because Water is typically Special and Fighting is typically Physical. As noted above, some good Fighting-type Special moves would be necessary. Perhaps a signature move.

Years
  • Tbh I hope Litten becomes a Fire/Posion cause that would be such a cool type combination and I think it even makes up for the 4x weakness to Ground types :)
    #TeamLitten

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I hope these leaks are fake. I hope Litten becomes Fire/Dark or Fire/Poison instead, and I don't really care if Popplio becomes Water/Fighting. Other suitable typings would include Water/Ice, Water/Fairy, or just pure Water.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Not a huge fan of Fire/Ground, so I'm hoping this isn't the case. I really wanted to see Fire/Dark or some other combination, not a combo like Fire/Ground that removes resistance to grass and gets owned by water. :( As for Popplio, I'd got my hopes up for Water/Fairy but Fighting would also be pretty interesting I suppose.

Years
  • Water/Fighting could be done really badly, so I'm a little worried. Hopefully it ends up looking more like Lucario than Machamp, if you guys know what I mean. Water/Psychic or Water/Fairy would have been so much cooler. :[ As for Litten, couldn't care less. Also don't see how it's going to get Ground typing from its design, but obviously anything is possible.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Popplio becoming a Water/Fighting-type gives me hope for it not evolving into something too silly and derpy.
    Probably gonna be even goofier if anything.

I'm ready.
    SPOILERS: Starter Evo Types Leaked?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I didn't imagined Popplio as a Water/fighting, but I glady accept all of these types! We don't see them much.
    Now I am wondering what will the final evolution of Popplio is gonna look like..

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Think of the new volcano inspired attack Litten's evolution could have... as long as the evolution stays on all four paws.

Poplio could definitely turn into a nightmare fighting clown... I'm picturing that fighting type clown from BW

Years
  • I think that in a region that is surrounded by water, it would make more sense for Litten to be Fire/Poison than Fire/Ground. The Ground weakness would suck, but it's way better than being ultra weak to Water types. They'd probably be everywhere.

shellysunfish

Hoenn and cat Pokemon fangirl
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    Fire/Ground isn't bad for Litten, just seems kind of meh to me.
    I was hoping it would evolve into an awesome Fire/Dark tiger.
    As others have pointed out, I'm a little worried about it's 4x weakness
    to water. Especially while traveling in Alola.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Not accepting Fighting type as Popplio's secondary.

This is largely something I don't think is a correct typing. I think Popplio is more likely to be a Fairy type not a Fighting type.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • And of course, it's from the same guy who asked for the return of Gen 1-2 designs for Sun and Moon. I'm pretty sure that the Ground and Fighting icons are placeholders for other new Pokémon that may be revealed next month. I'm still convinced that Litten will become another Fire/Fighting to represent the Muay Thai fighting style popularized by Street Fighter with Sagat (the marking on Litten's head is said to be a tiger/king symbol). Even if Litten does end up becoming Fire/Ground, its potentially high speed stats will help it outspeed a large number of Water types and, depending if it's bipedal, finish them off with Thunderpunch. Popplio could still be a pure Water type, since sea lions don't live in artic oceans (only seals).

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I could see Fire/Ground due to a Poketube video I saw and said the cat that Litten is based off lives in the Mountains. Not sure about type match-ups as I never really could remember. Fire/Dark and Fire/Poison makes more sense design wise though.

As for Popplio becoming Water/Fighting.. Ehh. Just seems kinda basic, and Fairy seemed perfect. It's fine though, unless they go crazy with the fighting part of the design. Water/Ice would be worse imo, its been done, and just seems rude to put in on a starter, they deserve better.

Back