• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SPOILERS: Starter Evo Types Leaked?

Years
  • It seems like a lot of the reasoning people suspect/hope that Litten will get a Poison- or Dark-typing is based on the description and artwork. It has oil therefore Poison. It looks dark therefore Dark.

But oil is a petroleum product. Which comes from the ground. Lava that cools is dark, and so it fertile dark fertile soil near volcanoes. A Ground-typing seems much more reasonable and likely to me even if, typically, Ground-types have a more neutral-brown color.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    And considering the only Fire/Ground pokemon out side Groudon is named the Volcanic Pokemon and Mega-Evolve into some Volcano Camel.

And the only Fire/Rock pokemon is the Lava Pokemon.

Annataz

Master of Time and Space
    Years
  • For me, it's just a matter of preference. I don't play competitively, so 4x weaknesses don't bother me too much. I'm just not very fond of ground and fighting types in general, though there are some exceptions.

Water and Dark are my favorite types, so I'm always going to be excited over a possible Dark-type starter. That's why my favorite starter is Froakie :D

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Dedicating a whole extra type because of that one simple thing is a bit odd to be though, not gonna lie. :x

It makes sense though as the hairballs could become slick with oil and create a poisony feel and affect.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Found another one that fits the Water/Fighting idea. I dunno, I kinda liked the other one a bit more but this one feels almost appropriate XD

Attachments

• SPOILERS: Starter Evo Types Leaked?
      1463531051552.png
      277.2 KB · Views: 19
    Reactions: Z25
    Years
  • Found another one that fits the Water/Fighting idea. I dunno, I kinda liked the other one a bit more but this one feels almost appropriate XD

I brought up my speculation that Popplio could become more biped or adept to land when it evolves, and that pic you shared seems to fit my idea.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think these are just concepts of what starters of these type combos will be, similar to how people made fan art concepts for the base forms when their names came out.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • After going through and reading some of these comments, I am starting to think it is highly unlikely that these are the typing for the starters. I just don't see them releasing their evolutions next. it is more likely that they are other pokemon.

One other thing I have failed to see in the two videos I have watched, they fail to mention anything about the flying icon. They only talk about Ground, Fighting, Water, Grass and Fire. So where is flying? Flying is already part of the typing so far, but why isn't it mentioned at all?

As for the art, I HIGHLY doubt that those are the real concept arts of the evolutions. I just don't see them being leaked like that. Not to mention they look to similar to the starters. The Rowlet Evo looks like a Pidove stance. And if I am not mistaken, they rarely use the same stances as other pokemon.

Last edited:

Years
  • After going through and reading some of these comments, I am starting to think it is highly unlikely that these are the typing for the starters. I just don't see them releasing their evolutions next. it is more likely that they are other pokemon.

One other thing I have failed to see in the two videos I have watched, they fail to mention anything about the flying icon. They only talk about Ground, Fighting, Water, Grass and Fire. So where is flying? Flying is already part of the typing so far, but why isn't it mentioned at all?

As for the art, I HIGHLY doubt that those are the real concept arts of the evolutions. I just don't see them being leaked like that. Not to mention they look to similar to the starters. The Rowlet Evo looks like a Pidove stance. And if I am not mistaken, they rarely use the same stances as other pokemon.
    I think those are the types they'll use. Flying was the second icon found, and some people like Tyranitartube do mention it in their speculation. I think the art is fan arts like we saw with the starters prior to the big reveal.
    As for poses... I recall that people tired to disprove Emboar was real by saying it's arms looked like they were spliced from Rhyperior or something along those lines. Either way, there are similarlities between mon poses and body parts.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think those are the types they'll use. Flying was the second icon found, and some people like Tyranitartube do mention it in their speculation. I think the art is fan arts like we saw with the starters prior to the big reveal.
    As for poses... I recall that people tired to disprove Emboar was real by saying it's arms looked like they were spliced from Rhyperior or something along those lines. Either way, there are similarlities between mon poses and body parts.

Emboar was "traced" Rhyperior, Pignite was "traced" Chansey, Serperior was "traced" Milotic, and Samurott was "traced" Dialga. All three fully evolved were "fake" when leaked. Greninja, Skiddo, and Hawlucha were "proven to be fake" when they leaked as well.

----
    At this point I may be showing a personal biased, but stop using Poketubers are sources. They are not sources. A lot of the times their theories are just their own personal beliefs and a lot of them are as dumb as anything we can come up with. Some, like Giancarlo steal ideas from others that are popular just to make money off other people's works and boost their own popularity with their airhead followers. Tyranitartube believed a heavily hacked and modified ORAS rom was proof that Mega Milotic was real. Giancarlo has also been overhyping fans with bad translations and then blaming sites like Serebii for his mistakes. Hell I just met one that was trying to claim that Bulbapedia updated Shadow Pokemon thread to include Pokken's Mewtwo because of his theory video that said Shadow Pokemon were going to be in Gen 7.

Poketubers have been some of the worse things the fans have produced. Some trying to manipulate the Gen 7 hype, others cashing in on Gen 7 hype to make themselves more popular or earn more money.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    When the poketuber in question for this thread has an actual legitimate source we can even go and check I think we're safe

No Poketuber is a legitimate source. They never will be. That is the same as saying your source is this guy down the street. Poketubers don't even use their own opinions half the time and just ride what ever seems the most popular. They use the same news tactic CNN does. Only say what will get them likes. 4chan is a better source than most Poketubers, including the two I mentioned. Especially if you know how to sift through it's muck.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Oh I thought you were criticising the source of this thread directly. Carry on

Ya no. The source of the leak didn't come directly from a Poketuber. Hell I found out about this on 4chan before any Poketuber videos were up and then looked at it myself to verify. The source that posted it on 4chan also gave this info to a few Poketubers and then it snowballed as all the popular topics do. Poketubers are regurgitating the popular ideas and opinions just to get them some likes and screen time. I'll give Ttube more benefit than I'll ever give Giancarlo seeing as Ttube legitimately believes things he sees or is told. He's a little too innocent sometimes.

Gian however, exploits his fans, is pretty damned rude and knowingly violates copyrights just because he can and doesn't think he'll ever get caught. He reposted both Nintendo Direct videos, the Japanese one and the International one with the trailers for Sun and Moon and was warned by a few people that he had better take them down before he gets slapped by Youtube. His response was, well news media can repost it so I can too.

Years
  • Ya no. The source of the leak didn't come directly from a Poketuber. Hell I found out about this on 4chan before any Poketuber videos were up and then looked at it myself to verify. The source that posted it on 4chan also gave this info to a few Poketubers and then it snowballed as all the popular topics do. Poketubers are regurgitating the popular ideas and opinions just to get them some likes and screen time. I'll give Ttube more benefit than I'll ever give Giancarlo seeing as Ttube legitimately believes things he sees or is told. He's a little too innocent sometimes.

Gian however, exploits his fans, is pretty damned rude and knowingly violates copyrights just because he can and doesn't think he'll ever get caught. He reposted both Nintendo Direct videos, the Japanese one and the International one with the trailers for Sun and Moon and was warned by a few people that he had better take them down before he gets slapped by Youtube. His response was, well news media can repost it so I can too.
    Yeah, he is kind of innocent, believing the stuff his "followers" tell him to look at, even when they're just trolling like when S/M were announced and he did a live stream. I usually take what Youtubers say with a grain of salt, but occasionally they bring to my notice theories that I hadn't though about or heard about.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I see some new discussion, so here's a few things:

1) saw the poplio evo on chan. Probably fake as the legs are unrealistic. It'd nice though. Also starters don't get leaked one at a time. It's always all 3 at once, just some food for thought.

As for the poketuber thing, a lot of people claim to send poketubers leaks, doesn't really happen though. And yeah they can be hit and miss. And since I saw Gian mentioned, he is literally one of the worst people I've seen. Here's just some evidence of the terrible things he's done to the fandom:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48PzvAFU-PQ

And also saw talks of the Unova leaks. Here's how those went down:
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/1464f06c95bbd87328dfe42576d4e6ce/tumblr_mtoi6jSYic1rorjv3o1_500.jpg

Language warning there, because its 4chan. But that collage showcases the leak developments well.

And yes people thought emboar was rhyperior.

Years
  • I was kind of expecting Popplio to be Flying-type for it's second typing because of the whole acrobatic theme. But then I remembered the Rowlet was also Flying-type, so that should be ruled out. Unless, of course, if Rowlet's typing changes as it evolves. But I suppose the whole Fire and Ground typing for Litten works, since he seems to be gasoline based. But on that note, poison would make sense, too. I personally prefer he isn't Ground-type, but I'm sure GameFreak knows what they're doing.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If Litten becomes a fire/dark type, doesn't that just leave us with a glorified Houndour?
    Less awesome version of Houndour imo. Fire dog will always win (and probably be stronger than the potential Litten evolution).

Years
  • I was so excited to see fire dark or fire poison, for me it totally looks like it...but I guess fire/ground is a legit combi... but litten doesn't look like it...BUUUUT what if he really evolves into a saber-tooth cat..that I can see it...a primal fire / ground beast =D

Back