• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Spring 2010 release confirmed

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Most likely to build up hype. I really like hearing Pokemon info in English even if nothings new to me. I hate that it wont be released any earlier though.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
    It took about 2 months for Platinum to come out in the EU after the US got it I think, so hopefully that time difference will remain the same to give me more grounds to import seeing as they may just possibly remove more stuff in the EU version.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    I can't wait for spring. I'm surprised that Game Freak pushed the trailer out before the game was released in Japan. Seeing as platinum didn't have an English trailer until January.

Have you ever heard of a Pokémon game this big and/or great before? They (Nintendo/GameFreak) know how large of a fanbase they have for these games, so they know that the more they release, the more excited that their loyal followers are going to get. AND at least they've been listening to their fans, and I think it's great that they're pushing for a spring release for the tenth anniversary. Who knows, for those who go to buy it on release day, maybe you'll get some special event Pokémon/item. :D

Last edited:

poke-ranger

Craving HeartGold!
    Years
    It took about 2 months for Platinum to come out in the EU after the US got it I think, so hopefully that time difference will remain the same to give me more grounds to import seeing as they may just possibly remove more stuff in the EU version.

Same..but I would prefer it if we didn't have to import though! :(

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Cool. I guess that's not too far away. I can wait.
    But what if they push the release date back?

I wouldn't expect for them to push back the American release date from what it is predicted at the moment. The news came out pretty early, earlier than expected, and because of this Nintendo/Game Freak must be pretty sure that the development of the game will be completed by then. So, if it were to be pushed back, it will only be because of a minor or major error through the system that would keep the set back. Other than this, I wouldn't expect any post poned timing.

I saw there trailer for it and its amazing. I find it weird how they made the English trailer before the game actually came out for Japan but whatever, I can't wait.

Like one has stated, the game itself is pretty large. It has been wanted by most fans since they heard of a Red and Blue remake. So, to get the major crowd ready for the release, allowing fans to know about it earlier will allow them to get ready for it earlier. I guess besides for the Pokémon company knowing they predicted time frame for the game's release in the US, they also use it as a large advertisement to the game as well to allow players to know what's coming. Nevertheless, it is still great news to hear about HeartGold and SoulSilver's season release.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    That give us a 2 month coverage period more then platinum so I expect this to be very covered coverage from PCI. And the first time they made the logos good or am I dreaming?

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Spring, huh? It'll probably be out here in April. Hopefully I'm wrong and it comes a little earlier, in March.

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    we gotta wait about another yr but still!!! when the time comes i will be happy as hell...school will be getting out and awsm games will be comin out...whooohooo!!!

Years
    I pretty much realised this already. You only had to look at the D/P release dates to come to the assumption.

Japan get the game ridiculously early and chances are we'll be a further two months behind the 'Spring 2010' release.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Spring = 6 months (September,October,November,December,January,February then spring is March,April and May 1 Year from now is still summer...
    Hmm okay, sorry, I kinda confused o-o

Ignore me on that thread please people~

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It could be in March,April,May,or Early June. who knows?

More so March to May for the American Version. June seems like a pretty late time off and comes closer to Summer. My guess is more on March for the American release while late May to early June for the European and Australian release. For some reason, I see more a similar in pattern to the Platinum release dates.

we gotta wait about another yr but still!!! when the time comes i will be happy as hell...school will be getting out and awsm games will be comin out...whooohooo!!!

Like stated by a few others, we have simply about 6 - 8 months for the time of release. That is just about half a year, and not an entire year. If you were to consider it a year, then the game would be released during Summer rather than Spring of 2010.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    Darn! I was hoping the release date would be December 09' but I have patince so Spring 10' is fine with me...

Back