• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Spring 2010 release confirmed

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Woot Woot! Just In Time For The End Of The School Year (i.e. my "way to not fail all year and get held back" present)- woot woot!

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    This is really good timing for me. By spring I'll have started my 3rd trimester classes at my school, and I only have 3 classes and they're all really easy, so I'll have more time to play and enjoy it while still keeping up with everything else. I can't wait!! Since it's not THAT long of a wait, now I don't feel bad for not importing :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I'm actually quite surprised that it actually got announced in English this early this time.
    Usually they are very slow.

But I am very disappointed with the English logos, although it makes me a little happier knowing that they kept the symbols and that they actually put any effects into the logos this time...
    But seriously, is it that hard to make the logos as good as the Japanese one, is it?

The Japanese writing has always had a great appeal to many people. It is a different style from the regular English alphabet, and because of this it gives off a more unique appearance. So, I agree the Japanese logos are really nice, but the American logo isn't too bad either, I rather like it compared to what we normally see in released games.

As true as your points may be, I'm actually very disappointed with the looks of the logo just because of their effects and colour, not the font itself or anything, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people agree to this point that it is the colour and the effects that made the English logos not as good as the Japanese one, even though comparatively, the English logo isn't half bad either...

Just look at this:
    Spring 2010 release confirmed

And then look at this:
    Spring 2010 release confirmed

Now, you people tell me which one you think is better looking...
    What I can see from this that made the English logos not as good, and what needed to be done to make it look as good as the Japanese logos is:

1. The English logos need to move the symbols more to the right, so that they don't get so covered.

2. The English logos need to have set the font to a thinner level, but made the overall font bigger than this by creating a much bigger border, just like the Japanese one.

3. The English one needs to use the same blue+darker blue and red+darker red fill effect that was used to fill the word 'Pokemon' in the Japanese version, and use that to fill the writings HeartGold and SoulSilver, not the fill effect they used now...
    By the fill effect, I mean both the colour and the patterns (if you look closely) rather than the plain light to dark to light transition in the English HeartGold and SoulSilver writing.

4. Most importantly, they need to have the huge outline like I spoke of before, coloured golden and silver, which should be fatter than the HeartGold and SoulSilver writing itself.

If even the last three steps were implemented, I would love the English logos as much as I love the Japanese logos.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm just glad that there's a more official release date for these games. This way, the speculation on it will hopefully come to an end.

Spring 2010 is rather predictable, what with the way previous games have been released.

Of course, I do have to say that I wish the English logos didn't make use of that ugly blue-and-yellow "Pokemon" logo that's been part of this franchise since the day it was dubbed. It looks horrifically out of place and obnoxious, especially on the HeartGold logo. Kind of fits the SoulSilver one.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Aww, I was hoping it would be earlier, since Platinum was released in March. I wanted this game to be released in February, since we usually have to wait 2 months before the game gets released here in Australia. And if I download the ROM too early, then I'll probably be more hesitant to buy the original game.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    As eager as I am to get this game, I am still patient at the same time. I will be sure to practice and prepare very fluently for these. I will be playing G/S originals a lot during the course of the winter for sure to get back into my Johto spirit! One that has never left actually.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    You guys are lucky i live in Australia lol if it is coming out in may march for you guys it will come out like November December for us

Ayselipera

I figured it was coming out in the spring since that was already being speculated before the announcement. Its a long wait, but it will be here eventually. I mean the wait for all the other games felt like forever, but now it feels like its been forever since they first came out. So, I would expect to feel the same for the HG/SS release.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    This is nice, usually when they come out in Spring they come right before my birthday. Love~

: 3

Cant wait! Also, if you want it to seem longer away, say this to yourself, "It's coming out in the next decade!" Also, don't be an idiot and say "2010 isn't the next decade" because it is. Saying it isn't is like saying 1980 was part of the 1970's.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    =/ I wish they'd at least give you the option to change the logo to the Japanese one... When you beat the e4, or Frontier, or something. It'd be a nice easter egg.

Anyways, I can wait for the Spring release. Definitive Answer WIN!

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
    Serebii.net also confirmed aswell, with the English trailer being a slightly modified edit of the Japanese one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    AM I THE ONLY one that dislikes the us text for HG/SS

As eager as I am to get this game, I am still patient at the same time. I will be sure to practice and prepare very fluently for these. I will be playing G/S originals a lot during the course of the winter for sure to get back into my Johto spirit! One that has never left actually.

i think that is so stupid because there is alot more diffrences. i got gold and now im getting SS. HG/SS is more like crystal.

Last edited:

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    AM I THE ONLY one that dislikes the us text for HG/SS

i think that is so stupid because there is alot more diffrences. i got gold and now im getting SS. HG/SS is more like crystal.

If you actually read around the forums, you'd realise that there's a lot of people who don't like the US logo. I happen to be one of them. I like the Japanese logo much more. If we're lucky, maybe Nintendo will change them before release. But I doubt it.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    wow thats a long wait. Well, I guess it will be worth it. Even though I dont really want it that much, im still looking forward to it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 11, 2009
    spring 2010 isnt as long as a wait as id expected but it wasnt as short as i would have liked either - guess il have to play platinum again to pass the time

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    Good,t hat gives me just enough time to transfer and prepare my team, which I already have planned. It will be the same one that took me through Shiny Gold X all those months ago.

Back