• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2010
    My first couple of recolours, what do you think?

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Gold Coloured Magneton

Spriters Showcase Thread

Fearow In Oddish's Colours

These are my first attempts at recolours, I'm pleased with how the Fearow came out.

Okay, these are good for a beginner, but remember to save in PNG! You saved in JPEG here, which is why they don't look very clear. When you save in PNG, every pixel looks crystal clear and the colors are pure.

Also, make the background white. They look cleaner that way.

Do that and they will look much better!

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    First Pokemon Recolor

well, I have done several graphics in my time, but this is my first pokemon related one.

it was a simple recolor of umbreon, and I added a light blue outline just because.

The color scheme is probably ugly, in your opinion.

But eh, first colours I thought of ^^

Rate or Hate

Spriters Showcase Thread

Electric Shock

Manectric Trainer!
    Years
  • Ok I'm new at spriting so this isn't very good.
    Also, since I don't have 15 posts, I can't upload from Photobucket or Imageshack :(

Please tell me what you think!

Years
  • Okay, these are good for a beginner, but remember to save in PNG! You saved in JPEG here, which is why they don't look very clear. When you save in PNG, every pixel looks crystal clear and the colors are pure.

Also, make the background white. They look cleaner that way.

Do that and they will look much better!

I'll remember that next time thanks, for the advice. :)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Since I'm the judge of the October Contest, I can't enter myself, however I whipped up two pieces earlier today that I would of probably entered. Both are WiPs.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Idk about you lot, but i like the way i gave them the opposite characters shadow(s)

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Since I'm the judge of the October Contest, I can't enter myself, however I whipped up two pieces earlier today that I would of probably entered. Both are WiPs.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Idk about you lot, but i like the way i gave them the opposite characters shadow(s)
    I like them personally. I think the shadow mix-up is just a little Easter egg, but I like it nonetheless. I love the shading. Very well done.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    There is a secret issue with both though. They have no noses. And it isn't a style thing either, I just haven't got round to sorting out their noses yet.

Thanks for the comment though :)

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    There is a secret issue with both though. They have no noses. And it isn't a style thing either, I just haven't got round to sorting out their noses yet.

Thanks for the comment though :)
    Oh... I didn't even notice. Joker looks almost like he does have a nose, though. Plus, I think they look fine without one. I wouldn't have even known had you not pointed it out.

Years
  • i took a sprite from red/blue and revamped it hope you like it
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Dont mind the other guy...
    it's not even close to worse seriously.
    You should try to make the shading better.
    It's possible to scratch some part's that don't look good with the original sprite.
    Use the fire red hitmonlee as a reference, you will learn better how his shading works.
    All by all it's not perfect but not horrible either.
    Keep Spriting! :D

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Dont mind the other guy...
    it's not even close to worse seriously.
    You should try to make the shading better.
    It's possible to scratch some part's that don't look good with the original sprite.
    Use the fire red hitmonlee as a reference, you will learn better how his shading works.
    All by all it's not perfect but not horrible either.
    Keep Spriting! :D
    Well, sorry, you're wrong.

Trying to sound terse, it's not as good. Now, I'd like to elaborate slightly. She filled several sections with the wrong shade, and the thing looks almost like it's stepping on the border between 3-D and 2-D.

And, no, revamp =/= add parts to the sprite. A proper revamp is like a recolor where you only change pixels without adding or moving any, but requires much more work and talent than a recolor because you have to fix the shading.

Bad advice is almost as bad as the frightening number of recolors on the PA board.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back