• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I agree, I decided to work hard on my entry and show off what I can do. It doesn't determine whether the contest is gone or not, part of the reason I participated was in hopes that there could be more competition spawning out of this contest, thus makes it more interesting. Let it be known, there is no limit to creativity.

Also, Emerald Ex, if you're reading this; I've read what you had to say in the other thread and I wouldn't mind you going in depth with your commentary. The shading style in my entry was actually free-styled, but I wouldn't mind knowing what I could do to tweak a few elements.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
I entered the contest, and I'd like c+c on my sprite. The outlines irk me (outlining and shading white things may be my bane) and the feet are sort of held awkwardly, but all in all I quite like it.
hallospirels8.gif

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
I entered the contest, and I'd like c+c on my sprite. The outlines irk me (outlining and shading white things may be my bane) and the feet are sort of held awkwardly, but all in all I quite like it.
hallospirels8.gif
The style is fine. (although I agree, the outline could be better). The main thing that bothers me is that it doesn't look like the wings are attached to the back of the body, at all.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
Years
My only qualm with the sprite is the feet. The back foot appears to be skinnier than the front foot, and I don't know how someone can keep themselves upright like that. It almost seems like the feet are arms, and it bothers me a bit they're legs.

Froslass, all that is is a C+P with a recolor. It's aesthetically pleasing, but it's incredibly basic. I'm surprised and a little disappointed you didn't push yourself harder than that.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Froslass, all that is is a C+P with a recolor. It's aesthetically pleasing, but it's incredibly basic. I'm surprised and a little disappointed you didn't push yourself harder than that.
I don't even find it aesthetically pleasing. It's pretty busy and the wings with nine tails is pretty disctracting.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
i used 6 diffrent pokes for that sprite ._.' maybe i should pick a houndoom tail..
The wings are probably a bigger problem than the tail(s). Jolteon is sort of facing in two directions, but the wings are facing completely forward. Try to find wings that make sense on Jolteon. (And that aren't as big).

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
hallospirelx4.gif

Thanks for the crits, NovaPirate and Mobile Tsk! :3 I fixed up the left wing (that was bothering me too) and I darkened the head outlines and put outline shading on places I forgot and, most importantly, I fixed up the legs and added rear claws so the feet look more like feet. Geez, I can't remember the last time I actually edited a sprite because of crit. xD; Thanks, though! I think I really improved it.

Side-by-side comparison:
hallospirelx4.gif
hallospirels8.gif

As for crit so I'm more helpful: Forsslass, you can always try scratching. :3 I personally think it would be cool if you changed Jolteon's mane into something different, like maybe something close to Vaporeon's neckruff and blood-red, so it looks like bat webbing or something. Right now, though, it's just a demonic Jolteon with C+Ped parts of other Pokemon; not all that interesting. Maybe you don't need the wings at all? But if you do, go for smaller ones. Those ones are huge.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
hallospirelx4.gif

Thanks for the crits, NovaPirate and Mobile Tsk! :3 I fixed up the left wing (that was bothering me too) and I darkened the head outlines and put outline shading on places I forgot and, most importantly, I fixed up the legs and added rear claws so the feet look more like feet. Geez, I can't remember the last time I actually edited a sprite because of crit. xD; Thanks, though! I think I really improved it.

Side-by-side comparison:
hallospirelx4.gif
hallospirels8.gif

As for crit so I'm more helpful: Forsslass, you can always try scratching. :3 I personally think it would be cool if you changed Jolteon's mane into something different, like maybe something close to Vaporeon's neckruff and blood-red, so it looks like bat webbing or something. Right now, though, it's just a demonic Jolteon with C+Ped parts of other Pokemon; not all that interesting. Maybe you don't need the wings at all? But if you do, go for smaller ones. Those ones are huge.
I still don't quite like the wings. I'm talking more around the tail. It looks like the wings are just sheets being hung over the sprite's body. Though, I do think the newer sprite is an improvement over the old one.

EDIT: Also, I'm starting to not like the feet so much. They're kind of small.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Posted in the October Contest thread.
bibarelmismagius.png

Tsk, tsk... I couldn't thinof anything better! D: Haha well it's Bibarel and Mismagius. I call it... "Misbarel." I know...crappy name. But I really can't think when it comes to sprite names.
It's pretty simple. It's decent, but it doesn't look like it took much originality to create.

And, as for Froslass,
Ophidian3.PNG

see? it became a big mess D:
That's muuuuch better than the last one. You might want to use a softer shade of red, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back