• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
I just made a re-vamp of gengar but as somewhat of a grass and ghost type.
I call it.
Terragar! :D
tgspritev.jpg

I did something wrong with the background but now i'm going to try and get that fixed to where it has no background.

It's my first re-vamp or re-color. Whatever you call it.
Comments!? :D Oh and BTW: I have one without the vines on it so tell me if the vines/wood part adds to it or makes it worse. Thanks in advance.
What revamp? Looks like a simple recolor to me. And the "vines" don't look so great.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Oh, a debate over revamps. God, Newbie spriters get these confused with recolors so often.

Considering both are just pointless forms of ego-masturbation and neither requires a significant amount of talent, I don't see why that's such a big deal.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
Years
Milotic+Suicune, my first fusion.
That's not a Milotic + Suicune fusion, it's a Milotic with Suicune colors. I don't see any suicune there.

I just made a re-vamp of gengar but as somewhat of a grass and ghost type.
I call it.
Terragar! :D
tgspritev.jpg

I did something wrong with the background but now i'm going to try and get that fixed to where it has no background.

It's my first re-vamp or re-color. Whatever you call it.
Comments!? :D Oh and BTW: I have one without the vines on it so tell me if the vines/wood part adds to it or makes it worse. Thanks in advance.

It looks more like the green gengar rolled in a bunch of dirt. If you want to give it vines/wood, try not to make it look like anything but the thing you want it to be.

~Night

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Considering both are just pointless forms of ego-masturbation and neither requires a significant amount of talent, I don't see why that's such a big deal.

...Amen. Revamps are for people too lazy to scratch their own custom poses, and scratching custom Pokemon is for those too lazy to come up with their own pallette, and scratching custom Pokemon with their own pallette is for those too lazy to design their own fakemon. But then again most fakemon designs are weak and horribly cliche; Fakemon are for those too lazy to fully commit themselves to making a complete piece of pixelart.

What really makes me wince is when people advertise that they can do "ten different types of spriting!" Uh, no. There's ultimately only one type of spriting, and okay sure, there's different styles. But all these wannabe things... recolors, iPods, infernos, mixes even are hardly qualified to be pixelart. My philosophy: if you can write a program to make it, it's not worthy of being called pixelart.

...That being said, you can argue that Revamping is spriting within a specific style which is a challenge for anyone, pixelartist or no. Still, I have more tolerance for recolors than all of those other "mass-produced" kinds of sprites, since they teach the spriter about how D/P sprites are constructed at the most basic of levels. Still, though; you can get the same effect through scratching. So you're still very right.

Minight

Narutard
Years
attempt 3

this is misleading but this is my 3rd aggeravating time trying to attach an image and this is my first try at spriting all critism is accepted coz i rlly wanna rub it in my friends faces....View attachment 43111

EDIT: ok not exacly rub it in their faces but i really wanna be good at sumthing so please c&c ( even though i have no idea what it means...)

Last edited:

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Are MD2 sprites facing the same angle as D/P or Firered sprites?
Please I need the awnser!

And please don't skip over my poor, poor soul. LOL

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
this is misleading but this is my 3rd aggeravating time trying to attach an image and this is my first try at spriting all critism is accepted coz i rlly wanna rub it in my friends faces....View attachment 43111

EDIT: ok not exacly rub it in their faces but i really wanna be good at sumthing so please c&c ( even though i have no idea what it means...)
The term has been modified so much... I think it means Criticise & Comment.

Anyway, Your sprites were... well, boring.

attachment.php

Pikachu x Pachirisu is such an overplayed combination. It looks fine, but it's incredibly easy and not all that creative.

Flying x Buizel; why does it only have one wing?

Skipping over the Sharpedo. o.o

Riolu x Pichu, not only is it not all that creative, it also has four ears. If you add new ears, you need to get rid of the old ones.

Rotom x Cresselia doesn't look completely connected. It looks like several different sprites floating in the same area.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
The term has been modified so much... I think it means Criticise & Comment.

Anyway, Your sprites were... well, boring.

attachment.php

Pikachu x Pachirisu is such an overplayed combination. It looks fine, but it's incredibly easy and not all that creative.

Flying x Buizel; why does it only have one wing?

Skipping over the Sharpedo. o.o

Riolu x Pichu, not only is it not all that creative, it also has four ears. If you add new ears, you need to get rid of the old ones.

Rotom x Cresselia doesn't look completely connected. It looks like several different sprites floating in the same area.

riolu's fine those ears of riolu arent that black thingies cuz that is a part of it's mask he already deleted the ears on the head :P

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
riolu's fine those ears of riolu arent that black thingies cuz that is a part of it's mask he already deleted the ears on the head :P
Either way, it still looks like it has 4 ears. Besides, the fusions probably wouldn't look great even if he removed the mask. Pichu's ears are just too big.

Katana

Doin' it Katana Style!
Years
Wow. Those are good. Really god. I don't know what to say...

Thanks. :)

Here's a new scratch:

PS3T.png

It's rather small, but it's supposed to be based off the forest spirits in Princess Mononoke (great animated movie by Hayao Miyazaki.) If I gave it a type, it'd be ghost/grass with ghost as its primary and grass as its secondary. By the way, its legs are folded up (just in case it confuses anyone.)

Years
Oow it's small and cute haha.
Well it is not a bad scratch, but you might move the mouth abit to the left.
and I'm not to happy with the leave on the head, It's not bad but I dont like it for some reason...
Not much to say about it, because it's small it ain't to difficult to make it look good.
So good job and try fixing the things I said, I believe it willl look better that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back