• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
How does this door look for you guys. Custom, made for my friend over at charas-project.
0180-0810-0508-2845_door.bmp

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
Years
This is what I entered in the October sprite contest. It's probably not that good since this is the first time I've ever made a pokemon combination
showingaspritefg1.png

I used Pidgey, Glisgar, Kabutops, Aradactyle, and Halloween colors.

~Night

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
This is what I entered in the October sprite contest. It's probably not that good since this is the first time I've ever made a pokemon combination
showingaspritefg1.png

I used Pidgey, Glisgar, Kabutops, Aradactyle, and Halloween colors.

~Night

the outlines look a bit 'fuzzy' you shuold choose darker colors for the outline.. and work on the shading of the wings they look plain black and flat.

Zorin

Pixies Dance
Years
No, sorry. You're still wrong.

In revamps, you don't change the shape of the sprite. I don't care how horribly mutilated the anatomy is. The point is to take an old sprite, fix the shading and colors, and make it look new. The point is not to flood fill things, nor is it to scratch anything onto a sprite.

Hmm... well, judging by what a revamp is, if you scratched anything onto your revamp, it's no longer a revamp. o.o So, yeah, shot down.

And my post helped. Whether or not you can see that is irrelevant. I gave good advice.

Your post, on the other hand, gave her bad advice (like not listening to my post) and dumb advice (like scratching things onto a revamp).

You are wrong. A revamp =/= a recolor.

When making a revamp, one should redo everything that's needed to make it fit the new style.

Here is a revamp I made:
gby136.gif
->
flareonrevampyellowby2.png

Years
Is that newly made zorin?
I think I saw this one already, but yea it's a good example to show what I mean.
If you just fixed the shading and didnt scratch the hair abit it would look ugly and will look like a lame recouler.
So this is better then what he said...

But anyway, I made another thing, just showing it to you guys.
Remake of Annunaki.

Type: Psychic.
Dex: Unknown, comes from outer space.

Any critism ?

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
You are wrong. A revamp =/= a recolor.

When making a revamp, one should redo everything that's needed to make it fit the new style.

Here is a revamp I made:
gby136.gif
->
flareonrevampyellowby2.png
Wow, not only had the argument been resolved, you also somehow picked up that I said that a revamp = recolor. Sadly, I never said that.

And, I don't like your revamp... at all, because you changed the actual body of the sprite too much. All you actually need to do is recolor and fix the shading and outline. If you want to do more, that's fine, but you went overboard on this one.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Wow, not only had the argument been resolved, you also somehow picked up that I said that a revamp = recolor. Sadly, I never said that.

And, I don't like your revamp... at all, because you changed the actual body of the sprite too much. All you actually need to do is recolor and fix the shading and outline. If you want to do more, that's fine, but you went overboard on this one.
no he only changed the tails and turned it the other way..

Is this better?
pokemonmixhn7.png

I made the outline darker, but only a little bit because I wanted to keep it orange and any darker it'd be brown.

~Night

looks better :) but you still didn't anythink about the black in it's wings again the wings look flat because you only useds default black

Last edited:
Years

Haha, s your saying if he did it your way the revamp would look better ?
Not really, it would like like a bad recouler..
Also check your signature, recoulers are not part of the art.
But your saying too recouler and fix shading and outline, that's almost the same as a recouler..
Sorry but if your saying that flareon is not good then thats just your opinion but I say it is way better then the avarage revamp..

Anyway does somebody have any crit on annunaki? my previously post ..

Zorin

Pixies Dance
Years
You are actually encouraging people to make simple recolors of old sprites instead of revamping the whole sprite, including anatomy and outline? That's very sad. I think you're just saying that to prove your point, which makes you a hypocrit anyway. I was just showing my opinion on this because I think it's wrong to encourage beginning spriters to recolor. Anatomy and custom shading are way more important to learn if you want to become good. The new platinum sprites are very different in anatomy and shading, so if you want the sprite to fit the new style (which is the whole point in making a revamp), you must improve the shading and anatomy.

I also would like to see some of your sprites, just out of curiousity.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Haha, s your saying if he did it your way the revamp would look better ?
Not really, it would like like a bad recouler..
Also check your signature, recoulers are not part of the art.
But your saying too recouler and fix shading and outline, that's almost the same as a recouler..
Sorry but if your saying that flareon is not good then thats just your opinion but I say it is way better then the avarage revamp..

Anyway does somebody have any crit on annunaki? my previously post ..
it looks a bit weird.. i dont know what it is.. but it looks weird..

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
You are actually encouraging people to make simple recolors of old sprites instead of revamping the whole sprite, including anatomy and outline? That's very sad. I think you're just saying that to prove your point, which makes you a hypocrit anyway. I was just showing my opinion on this because I think it's wrong to encourage beginning spriters to recolor. Anatomy and custom shading are way more important to learn if you want to become good. The new platinum sprites are very different in anatomy and shading, so if you want the sprite to fit the new style (which is the whole point in making a revamp), you must improve the shading and anatomy.

Obviously you're having issues reading mate. She said a revamp's shading needs to be brought up to date, she constantly tells members not to just recolour an old sprite, but to change the shading and outlining, and she's never once made out that a recolour/revamp are at all the same thing.

All you're doing is trying desperately hard to look like some kind of know it all on the subject. Both Crossel and myself have already separately explained it to her, there's no need for you to come here being a captain obvious about it.

Anyway, looking at your flareon, the head looks wrong. it's smaller and squashed, unlike what flareon's head actually looks like. Maybe lower the jaw line a little so you can round the whole face out. Apart from that it's looking good.

Last edited:

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011

As Matt was saying, you're not reading my post. I'm not encouraging anyone to do simple recolors. (Signature, please). I don't see anything hypocritical in my post, even after reading over it several times. I did mention the outline, which makes me think that you just saw the words "recolor" and "revamp" in the same post and tried to embarass me with it. I sincerely apologize about the fact that it didn't work. ;

By the way, the part of your post I bolded is completely untrue. By no means is anyone required to change the shape of the sprite in a revamp. It's still a 100% legitamite revamp without doing so. It's been explained to me that most of the longer standing spriters tend to change the shape of the sprite. That's fine, but it's definitely not a requirement for a revamp.

You also accused me of not mention the shading or outline, well:
me said:
All you actually need to do is recolor and fix the shading and outline.

And, I'm not solely accusing you of this, but I'm tired of hearing a repetition of the word anatomy. I've got something to say about it:
Thesaurus
Thesaurus
Thesaurus
Thesaurus
Thesaurus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back