• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sprites extracted! Discussion.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Am I the only person who actually likres Tyranitars new sprite? Its kinda cute.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    I dislike the tyranitar, spinda, moltres sprites.
    Tyranitar because it isn't supposed to be cute.
    Spinda because I just totally don't like that pokemon.
    Moltres because it looks weird.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Moltres looks better than it ever has in my opinion.

Zetlian2-kinra

Yup, i make VIDEOS!! :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2009
    These are 2nd frame pokemon.
    i can tell.
    EDIT: 0-0 the cadle old lady remids me of the FR/LG channelers
    i.e missingno is going to pop out any second....

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Am I the only person who actually likres Tyranitars new sprite? Its kinda cute.
    I personally don't like Tyranitar's new sprite, however I don't think it is the worst for it either. I can say that the only aspect missing from Tyranitar is the fierce look in its face. Other than this, I think it would have been alright, but it doesn't bother me as much as others might have. Togetic's shape in face seems to disturb my a bit.

EDIT: 0-0 the cadle old lady remids me of the FR/LG channelers
    i.e missingno is going to pop out any second....
    I believe the "Candle Lady" is supposed to look like the FRLG Channelers as they are Channelers themselves except with a new look given to them compared to that of FRLG's sprites.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Argh, can't open the sprites in ms paint. They look awesome, and I was going to edit them some, but I can't. T.T

Years
  • Go to veekun Innocous,that site has everything.

Hi. Try thinking before you go and +1 your post count for the sake of spamming. I already checked Veekun (and a few other sites that offer sprites in unpackable archive formats) - why wouldn't I? They don't have them, hence why I asked in here. Good work. Now, anyone got any actual contributions to make?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Hi. Try thinking before you go and +1 your post count for the sake of spamming. I already checked Veekun (and a few other sites that offer sprites in unpackable archive formats) - why wouldn't I? They don't have them, hence why I asked in here. Good work. Now, anyone got any actual contributions to make?
    Again they do have what you are looking for. The links named "tarball" are archives for the Pokemon Sprites, The Battle Sprites, and the Item Sprites that are in RAR form.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I was going to back u up on that Mitchman, I just knew you would though XD

Anyway, why do people hate Mewtwos sprite? It looks better than it does on Platinum.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I believe the "Candle Lady" is supposed to look like the FRLG Channelers as they are Channelers themselves except with a new look given to them compared to that of FRLG's sprites.

They're Mediums, not Channelers. >.<;

Mediums are found primarily in Morty's Gym in GSC

Edit: Here's the page. Looks like they also added the HGSS Sprite, unlike the last time I looked at that page:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Medium

Years

• Again they do have what you are looking for. The links named "tarball" are archives for the Pokemon Sprites, The Battle Sprites, and the Item Sprites that are in RAR form.

This is what is available on the Veekun site:

* RBY Pokémon sprites
    * GSC Pokémon sprites
    * RSE Pokémon sprites
    * DP Pokémon sprites
    * Items
    * Big berries
    * Pawprints

Herp derp, do you see "HGSS" written anywhere there? No? Thought not.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Muks sprite is the best Muk sprite ever IMO.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • There are some really amazing sprites in these games. In particular, Vulpix and Nintetales' sprites look really awesome; definitely better than their DPPt ones. Suicune definitely looks better, too. I'm not a big fan of Lickitung and Machamp, but they have some pretty nice sprites in HG/SS. Machamp's in particular looked horrible before, but it has a respectible one for HG/SS. Espeon and Umbreon probably have the best Eeveelution sprites of those that were revamped for this game. Vaporeon's was okay, but Pt's revamp was better, I'd say. The same goes for Eevee's, for that matter.

A Pokemon rarely mentioned; Butterfree continues to do well with Generation IV sprites; its HG/SS one being about on par, I'd say. Raikou's is definitely better and I have to say, Lugia's looks pretty cool as well. Though what's with his left foot...? o.o I dunno... just looks a little weird... XD;

Those I'm not too keen on are Jolteon's; his DPPt sprite was okay, with Pt's merely being a switch of the order they were used, but I just don't really find myself liking its HG/SS sprite, which is unfortunate, since I was hoping they would slap it with a really amazing one. Scyther looks really weird and while I was typing this, I was looking for a "Worst of them all" sprite, but I can't really see one that really deserves it... though Wobbuffet looks just as stupid and pointless as ever... -.-;;

Back