• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sprites extracted! Discussion.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    First tome ever that both Articuno and Moltres got good sprites together! Muk, Charizard, ARbok, Crobat, and Blissey are great too.

everglow89

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    damn some of these sprites absolutely suck! blastoise, dragonte jolteon and mewtwo just to name a few...looks like they went a step back from platinum sprites...

the trainer sprites look aight...im happy to see the gym leaders and important people look cooler...main characters looks sweet...(female looks freakin hot!) and silver looks badass...

RED!! AWSM!!!!! now he's holding a pokeball, but still, very cool, very cool...

have to say, overall, the sprites for me get an 8/10 where platinum sprites get 9.5/10...wtf happened??

am i the only one that thinks this or is it just me???

I kinda disagree with you. I don't know, to me, these pokemon sprites remind me more of the Yellow Version sprites. Which feels awesome.

Also, Mewtwo's is among the best in my opinion.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Thats cool i love scyther mewtwo gyarados, you will extract owerworlds too?

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
  • Awesome!

It's really good to have a "new" style of pokemon sprites. But I have my doubts about Blastoise and Electrode.

Croconaw, Raikou, Usaring and Gengar are my faves.
    Red looks really cool.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • It looks like some of the pokemon got there well designed revamps. Can't wait for an English version.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Beedrill finally got the kick-ass sprite he deserves. Golbat looks completely evil, in an awesome way. Mewwto looks...kinda feminine. Snorlax look adorable. Charizard looks like it has a really long neck. Jigglypuff looks cuter than ever. There isn't an origin form Giratina...will we not be able to get the griseous Orb traded over to HGSS?

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
    Years
  • Beedrill finally got the kick-ass sprite he deserves. Golbat looks completely evil, in an awesome way. Mewwto looks...kinda feminine. Snorlax look adorable. Charizard looks like it has a really long neck. Jigglypuff looks cuter than ever. There isn't an origin form Giratina...will we not be able to get the griseous Orb traded over to HGSS?

I used only one of the pokegra files. imo there are several additional sprites in the rom...

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I wish red had an open jacket, like the original,that would make it much better!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The E4 and the Kanto Gym Leaders are made of epic WIN!!

I didn't recgonize Sabrina with short hair at first. o_0

...also, it's curious to note that Leaf has not been given an updated sprite. D:

everglow89

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    Thats cool i love scyther mewtwo gyarados, you will extract owerworlds too?

I would if I had the resources. It wasn't me who did these, but you can expect to see them somewhere soon..

Man, there's goin' to be thousands upon thousands of them though if you consider each pokemon, shiny and not, each angle, each frame... You get the picture..

Melaugh

Eevee Fan Boy
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    I love the new sprites of Brock and Misty. As well as the Pokethief and Team Rocket Grunts.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Beedrill finally got the kick-ass sprite he deserves. Golbat looks completely evil, in an awesome way. Mewwto looks...kinda feminine. Snorlax look adorable. Charizard looks like it has a really long neck. Jigglypuff looks cuter than ever. There isn't an origin form Giratina...will we not be able to get the griseous Orb traded over to HGSS?

Origin Forme was proven to be in it a long time ago. Im mainly concerned abot Rotom Formes.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I just noticed that among the generic trainers, Blackbelts, Burglars, Bikers, and super Nerds look pretty epic as well.

...and what pokemon is the Pokemaniac cosplaying as? It looks like a cross between Nidoking and Tyranitar...o_0

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I just noticed that among the generic trainers, Blackbelts, Burglars, Bikers, and super Nerds look pretty epic as well.

...and what pokemon is the Pokemaniac cosplaying as? It looks like a cross between Nidoking and Tyranitar...o_0

Green Nidoking. I know, its weird right?

Back