• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Sprites extracted! Discussion.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • Why are the Sinnoh trainer sprites in there?

If you're talking about Lucas and Dawn, their sprites are programmed into the game so the game can properly display their sprites when it has a wifi battle with someone using DPPt.
    If you're talking about the frontier brains, they're confirmed to be returning in HGSS.
    If you're talking about some of the generic trainers like the breeders, pokefans, psychics, campers, and pickeners, etc... they're obviously recycling their old DPPt sprites in HGSS. Not that big of a deal since they did that in FRLG as well...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I didn't recognize Sabrina with short hair at first. o_0

yea she looks HOT!

OMG, The Legendary Birds are on their FEET!!! OMG!!

FREAKIN EPIC!!!!!!

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Please tell me that the Pikachu/Raichu sprites are jokes.

For some reason, they kept the Pikachu downs-syndrome mouth that was introduced in Platinum version. The virus spread to Raichu. The rest look fine though.

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    awesome! great sprites overall ^_^
    is that lance? i don't really like his sprite...

edit: a also noticed that cyndaquil got a new back sprite. it looks really cool!

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Still waiting for overworld sprites! Wonder when we will have them.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Holy crap. Just looked at the trainer sprites. RED looks badass! So do a lot of the other trainer sprites. I wonder why some are included twice in the sheet, though.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Some of them look like choppy fan scratches :/. But some of them look really nice.

Also I suppose this means that Blue (girl) and Kris don't appear in the game as battlable, but maybe they could still make a cameo appearance.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I think Skarmory looks awesome. My favorite Pokemon sprite from what I've been able to look at so far. My favorite trainer is Red or Silver

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • Holy Ho-Oh! Those look amazing. o3o
    First my comment on the trainers:
    Some of the regular trainers look really good! And it seems that some kinds of RSE have returned to HGSS (don't beat me if they're in P/D/Pt, I have yet to play them D: ).
    The Rangers look very nice in their new outfit, as does the Pokenerd with his mechapikachu. Too bad the Pokémaniac's outfit has become far from recognisable. D:
    And the Bikers without bike (Cue Balls?, can't remember the exact word anymore) look awesome. Have you seen their jacket? There's a Gyarados on it. o3o PS: does the real biker's motorcycle have some sort of Heracross horn on it? ô_o
    The Jotho leaders got a very nice update. Falkner looks awesome in his new outfit, although I remember his Hakama-like pants being slightly longer.
    Whitney and Bugsy look just fine, but Morty changed a lot, I barely recognised him...
    Pryce, Chuck and Jasmine look very nice, and Clair just looks cool. 8D

Lance's hair looks a bit off in his front sprite, but he's cool none the less. XD
    As stated before, Will looks a little too feminine, Karen looks okay, though i kinda expecter her to have blonde/white hair, not blue... but anyways.
    Koga looks nice as well.

Now Kanto. Brock's face looks a littly wierd (too small?), Misty reminds me of her GSC sprite, Lt. Surge, Erika and Janine look nice. Sabrina... Well Sabrina, if it's her, changed the most. Her hair was cut. D: And dyed. Wasn't she known around the Pokécommunity (not just the forum) as a woman with this really long BLACK hair? :0 Well, but it is a nice sprite none the less.
    Blaine got out of the labcoat, awesome. 8D He looks like a sneaky gentleman now. XD
    Red looks awesome, as if he really has got something to hide. Blue makes a very nice gymleader. ^_^
    And is that Bruno (remind me again what he is doing 3 years after RBY/FRLG...) and Giovanni I see? Nice. ^_^ So many familiar faces. =3
    The heroes sprites look very nice as well. ^_^ Can't complain, can't complain.

As for the pokemon, I'm happy to see such a major update since GSC. Many of the poses are recognisable (aren't some of the animations direct addaptations of Crystal?).
    Also, it seems as some of the Hoenn Pokémon look as if they used the RSE colourscheme to be coloured (no, not the RSE colours, the way it's coloured, shades etc~).

Very nice sprite work! Can't wait to see them in-game. 8D

xXI JOE IXx

Looks great! I'd import the games, but I can't read Japanese XD

xXI JOE IXx

The sinnoh sprites are there for when you battle somebody with D/P/PL

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The sinnoh sprites are there for when you battle somebody with D/P/PL

Sinnoh sprites will also be shown the same in-game regardless of link between the remakes and DPPt. As shown only Kanto and Johto sprites have been redone as they are the only ones that needed to be altered from what was given to them since DPPt.

However, things are looking really nice for Pokémon and People. I love Arcanine's sprite and like one stated earlier, it is personally the best done so far. The mysterious man in the bottom row could possibly be Giovanni in return, we'll see as many progress farther into the game.

Also to note, it was speculated that if one were to choose the female as their character then they would end up battling Leaf instead of Red. Well, by the no show of Leaf's sprite here I'm guessing her inclusion to the game wasn't made. Though, it does seem likely that the Battle Frontier Brains shall be kept the same as they were in Platinum. :\

Years
  • Misty looks incredible.. :D.
    I'm also lovin' all of the sprites,mostly Dragonite and T-tar.
    Some sprites annoy me,like how Jolteon's face looks punched.. and Scyther's head is destroyed.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • I... just... love Red's sprite! Epicness with little to show. *worships sprite* Bow down to Red! Oh, and it's nice to see Misty with her Gen-2 hair style; so loving it. Blaine's jut made me laugh a bit.

Now for the Pokémon: even though I think they could've made Lugia better, its enraged face made it a bit up, but at least Mewtwo looks (eff)ing awesome. Scizor's battle pose is nice as well; and Steelix scared me a little.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • The new sprites are sooooo good. I like all of them. I think that they made some of them look sorta like the old sprites (like nidoking) but gave them a sweet neo look. So it feels like we're revisiting the old game even though the sprites are new. I'm that much more pumped to buy Heart Gold. Although I might end up doing Soul Silver now because nostalgia is kicking in.

Back