• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Square-Enix Fan Club

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    I still think of it as filler, tbh. :( There's very little it brought to the series that it didn't retcon right back out. I mean, it gave us explanations for what happened on Roxas's side between KH1/COM/KH2, but if Days had never existed, I can't think of anything important we'd be missing from the plot that couldn't have been tossed into a quick cutscene in FM+ or BBS, really. :(

That may be true, but the fact that 358/2 Days added so much more meaning to some of the series's most important characters still makes it an extremely significant game.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that Nomura said he would have liked to do a Days Final Mixbut the main reason why they could not is because 358/2 Days utilizes the DS cartridge space to the maximum. To add anymore content, they would have literally had to remove other content to make room for it. Given the game's mission-based system, I can't see a Re:358/2 Days coming anytime soon because most mission-based games are better on a handheld anyway. If a Re:358/2 Days would ever be made, I can only see it on the 3DS, to be honest.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Oh, it's definitely a good entry in the series if you really do want the backstory, and want the character development that came from it (not that there was much for anyone but Axel, Roxas and Xion XD)... or if you just like the gameplay. Buuut if you compare it to every other non-numbered game, it really doesn't compare. Sure, you can get by not knowing the story in all the other games--COM is almost completely written off when Naminé re-arranges Sora's memories and he forgets, so plotwise it works just fine if the gamer is just as clueless as Sora. For BBS, it's a prequel. It ties in and explains a bunch of things in-depth and gives origins, but you don't need it to understand the series, really. But Days? :( It covers the gap between KH1, COM and KH2. And before it existed, there weren't really any gaps to be filled, haha.

I liked Days but playing it twice made me kinda sick of it. 8( I wouldn't mind seeing it redone (if only for the possibility of WIFI MULTIPLAYER PLEASE ;_;) but I'm perfectly fine with it never getting an FM. 8(

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    I like Re:Coded, just to darn hard. Im just saying.
    Days is a good game, just the repetitive mission, and I think its a filler, cause of Xion, how no one knows of her, after she is done with, and Nomura said that he didn't know what to do with Xion after Days so he cut of off of the series(wonders on BBS secret ending).
    as for a Re:Days than I hope they make it not so annoying.
    as for Re:Coded, it is surely one of the hardest KH games I have played.

ソラ

Years
    Nomura didn't cut Xion off.
    Spoiler:

Well Nomura did say he didnt know what to do with Xion.
    But I guess he found out what to do with her.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Personally, my never-gonna-happen wish for the tenth anniversary is that KHI or II gets released on the PSN Store. Then at least I have a chance of playing it and not feeling bad for leeching my friend's console. I never really pay much attention to console games, and my Wii hates me.

Organization XIII is a collection of some of the coolest characters in the series, so I was quite happy for Days - even if most of the guys I liked were sent to Castle Oblivion almost immediately as the plot began. (Though, we did have Lexaeus slamming Roxas in the face, so it's not all bad, right? XD) I think it was probably just a tie-over to fill the gap leading up to BBS, but it was an enjoyable one with a good premise (one that fans of many other series have been wishing for and never got): let's go inside the evil team!

Also, NYAF = New York Anime Festival. It was merged with NYCC, though the staff did everything in their power to pretend that it didn't exist >>

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Grr. Is anyone else having trouble with the fifth Xehanort Report? (This is the Xeeeehanort Report, gives you the looooooong and the short, every grunt, roar and snort, not a tale I distort in the Xeeeeeeehanoooooooort Report~!)

Yes. It was quite a good game as far as dialogue was concerned. <3

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021
    Greatest Days line ever:

Xion said:
    Roxas... that's a stick.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. =3

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    The credits said that Kairi was Hayden,
    Spoiler:
    That's why I got excited when I saw Axel's name on the list prior to seeing that movie and cried (again) when I saw
    Spoiler:

Speaking of which, I may have found myself a RL Axel. <333

ソラ

Years
    Greatest days line ever:

Thank you, Captain Obvious. =3

Spoiler:

It is Hayden. I read the Credits. But idk about Xion.

and also Beat Re:Coded, i got to say, better than Days ;D

and I also getting Re:Coded(NA) and BBSFM in January

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    Well, Days and BBS will, in my opinion, always have the best versions of Dearly Beloved, so you can't write off Days that easily. xD

I'm glad Xion is coming back though. I totally fell in love with her character. I know I'll squeal like a fangirl when I hear her name just mentioned in Recoded.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Oh, I agree with that. Dearly Beloved for those two was epic - I love how Yoko Shimomura can make the same song different in each game (though wasn't CoM's version the same as Kh1's? I can't remember, to be honest.)

-doesn't like Xion all that much due to her (imo) hogging the limelight from Roxas- xD;;;

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    New amazing question because I randomly interject

and I apologize for interrupting. by the way, ROXAS FOREVER! Xion hogged screen time and took away from what could have been a more interesting story and final boss.

What character do you think influenced the series the most?

Spoiler:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Yeah, I wanted to see more of Roxas interacting with the Organization members / seeing more of their lives rather than stuff about Xion.

That's obvious for me.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Spoiler:

I just wanted to see more Marluxia in Days but... for a while I wasn't sure he'd be in it at all so I ended up content. XD;

ソラ

Years
    New amazing question because I randomly interject

and I apologize for interrupting. by the way, ROXAS FOREVER! Xion hogged screen time and took away from what could have been a more interesting story and final boss.

What character do you think influenced the series the most?

Spoiler:

Actually No Sora is not useless without him.
    Ven only gives him the power to use Two Keyblades.
    His first Keyblade he got in KH1 is originally Riku's, but When he got it back from Riku, it was his own power, Not Ven.
    Basically, When Ven's heart return to his body. Sora will still have his Keyblade power, but wont be able to use dual wield.

I think Sora, cause he has a more of a story than others, specially he is the Main Hero of the series.

ソラ

Years
    I'm still gonna say who I said originally, because without an antagonist there would be no reason for Sora to be the hero.

KH3 is gonna be the last of Xehanort, then there will be a new Antagonist.
    Sora will always be the Hero in the story.
    and i know what you mean.

Back