• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SSBB: Pokémon needs noticing a bit more!

Will Lucario be in Brawl?

• Definitely!

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Most Likely!

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Probably Not!

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • Highly Unlikely!

Votes: 29 28.7%

• Total voters

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
  • *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Moved to Other Games.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • You cannot be serious. There were way too many Pokémon in SSBM, and I think you're being a tad unrealistic in assuming that ANYONE who would play SSBB wouldn't know about Pokémon at all. Just because you apparently like Pokémon a whole lot doesn't mean that it should get a disproportionate amount of attention. You, I'm afraid, are not everyone.

The second biggest franchise means many people, not only me, like it. I'm just asking what Pokémon deserves. I know, Pichu and Jigglypuff should die and never return but apart from them, what do you have from Pokémon? 1 item and 2 stages, while Mario must have half the items and 4 stages. Really it's being left apart.

If you haven't noticed. Nintendo doesn't care how well each game series does when they pick things for the SSB games. The game is supposed to be diverse, spanning many different games and many different genres. In my opinion, all of the Pokemon in Melee was overkill playable character wise. We didn't need Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. Stick with the two classics for the game, Pikachu and Jigglypuff, and you're golden.

Yeah, too many Pokémon, or at least too many useless Pokémon. I don't know why Jigglypuff is there, though. Of course it must be diverse but obviously the most popular must be the most important. That's why half the items are from Mario.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    Attack Deoxys comes out of the Poke Ball in Super Smash Bros. Brawl! Check out today's update on the site!

Last edited:

Pikachu2007

Free hugs for everyone!
    Years
  • Character idea!!

So far, Pikachu is the only Pokémon confirmed as a palyable character. If the game should add another Pokémon as a playable character, I think Munchlax would be an interesting choice. It' very strong for a baby Pokémon and could probably be hard to knock off the stage. It's perfect!:)

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
    Years
  • Probably Blaziken too...How 'bout this you give me a character idea you think is goin' to be on SSBB...Because what I can do is summarize the probabilities of the character in the game. So start asking me I'll start writing down.

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
    Years
  • Thing is they will put D/P Pokes as usable characters on SSBB but they didn't do any SSB games during R/S/E/FR/LG's release so they focus on those first then they might fit in D/P ones but for Lucario..they might..They like to use pokemon that can use physical/special moves that aren't to big.Like Lucario would have special attacks like:
    Direction-Special move button:Force Palm
    Special move button:Shadow Ball
    Jump-Special move button:Sky Uppercut
    Duck-Special move button:Low Kick

Tell me what you think.

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • I have somehow the feeling that Deoxys will replace or at least clone Mewtwo.

Deoxys has been announced as a Pokémon coming out from the Poké Balls. *cries*

I was thinking about something like this:
    B = Charges Psycho Boost in a similar way of Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.
    Up + B = Extremespeed. Shows Speed deoxys "teleporting" as Pikachu does with quick attack.
    Down + B = Becomes Defense Deoxys for a short amount of time and acts as Fox's Reflector or Peach's Toad.
    Left/Right + B = Zap Cannon or whatever, but it must be a proyectile attack, obviously as Attack Deoxys.
    The rest of the time it would be normal-form deoxys.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Lucario makes perfect sense as a character for SSBB. The game does not come out until Dec. 3, so the creators should have enough time to think about it.

Angelix

You are a pirate!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2007
    It's not going to be because SSBB is about the last generation (GameCube + GameBoyAdvance), but it could be a good idea for the next Smash Bros. game. Though I have somehow the feeling that Deoxys will replace or at least clone Mewtwo.

Deoxys is now a Pokeball Pokemon, it's official. It uses Hyper Beam.

Reference:

https://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/mball/mball03.html

Also, I thought Lucario would have used a Bone Throw (or whatever it's called) as a B attack. You know, as a projectile.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Well, there's so little information to consider it based on the games, though that's what it's supposed to be. Misty's trophy has her anime clothes, however.

Well, I thought Munchlax would be a good idea, but what about Lucario?

As I said, this is emphasizing the third generation, which means no Lucario or Munchlax. Munchlax could be a good choice for the next one, though. I hadn't thought about him.

Back