• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SSBB: Pokémon needs noticing a bit more!

Will Lucario be in Brawl?

• Definitely!

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Most Likely!

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Probably Not!

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • Highly Unlikely!

Votes: 29 28.7%

• Total voters

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
Years
  • Lucario will NOT be in the game at all. We can be sure of that because Smash Bros (except for the 64 one, because it appeared much later than the N64 itself) focuses on the previous generation. I know there isn't much to spoil in Pokémon, but even if Lucario has been known for a while, it has been just months since D/P came out, so people won't know it at all (except for Pokémon fans). And remember that GameFreak doesn't actually tell whoever makes Brawl the new Pokémon it's going to use and new places that are going to appear. Smash Bros takes ideas from previous games, unless you keep thinking that in 8 months they'll decide to add a character, model it, animate it, make it fit in the selection screen, make event matches for it, and whatever. This takes time and playable character are the first thing that's decided here.

Thing is they will put D/P Pokes as usable characters on SSBB but they didn't do any SSB games during R/S/E/FR/LG's release so they focus on those first.

Excuse me, the GameCube is from the GBA era, but of course Melee came out a month after the Cube and, unless it had come out very late, it wouldn't have had GameCube/GBA elements on it either.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Sure the SSB series started with this whole "I'm first so I'll add in new stuff in the sequel" pattern, but that doesn't mean Nintendo can make surprises. Lucario could be a secret unlockable character and they would not most likely show the new secret newcomers on the super smash dojo website, due to him being a secret character.

If he doesn't make it into the game, here is another possibility of surprise from Nintendo... don't you remember hearing a feature on the Wii where you can download new features for your game? (I heard and watched this feature being explained on the Wii demomstration disc) This includes downloadable new characters, so hey, I'm guess there's a slight bigger chance of Lucario being in the game now.

If you are just those people who say he won't be in the game but in reality want him to be in the game, you are just probably want to avoid dissapointment. That's understandable, because I suffered from that in the past about a lot. I eventually got kind of use to it though and this is why I'm a game creator myself. I know Lucario will be in my extreme cross-over PC fighting game, Ultimate Clash, so you can believe that for sure. ^_^

Last edited:
    Years
  • Lucario will NOT be in the game at all. We can be sure of that because Smash Bros (except for the 64 one, because it appeared much later than the N64 itself) focuses on the previous generation. I know there isn't much to spoil in Pokémon, but even if Lucario has been known for a while, it has been just months since D/P came out, so people won't know it at all (except for Pokémon fans). And remember that GameFreak doesn't actually tell whoever makes Brawl the new Pokémon it's going to use and new places that are going to appear. Smash Bros takes ideas from previous games, unless you keep thinking that in 8 months they'll decide to add a character, model it, animate it, make it fit in the selection screen, make event matches for it, and whatever. This takes time and playable character are the first thing that's decided here.

Excuse me, the GameCube is from the GBA era, but of course Melee came out a month after the Cube and, unless it had come out very late, it wouldn't have had GameCube/GBA elements on it either.

Lucario appeared a LONG time before diamond and pearl were released.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Lucario appeared a LONG time before diamond and pearl were released.

Yeah, that's true for sure and I bet Lucario is pretty famous in Japan too, the US majority isn't the only thing that counts.

I know myself it takes awhile to make playable characters for a game and I bet it takes the creators much more time and effort to create a character in SSBB than me making a character for Ultimate Clash, but in another reason why would they be lazy about it? They are known good game creators and would spend their game creating time by adding new features and characters and taking their time doing it, making sure the fans stay satisfied.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I think it'll be playable, since it's close to Pikachu and Pikachu basically represents pokemon..

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
    Years
  • i really really hope so but if it is i hope everytime it does an electric attack it doesnt hurt itself i didnt like that in smbm

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I hope Pichu isn't put into the game. It's my favourite Pokémon, no doubt about that, but it really is useless in most battles. I only ever use it if items are turned on because it's quick to get and use them...but for mostly everything else, it's a terrible player. It's too light to hold its ground on stage and it hurts itself any time it uses a decent attack. I just use Pikachu instead because, although not as fast, it's a better all-around fighter. oo;

I don't want it to be playable, but I don't see how it could be useful from a Pokéball. It's not a legendary and the fact that it shares an evolution chain with a definite playable character (Pikachu) means it won't have any signature moves that it could use either.

I'd rather just see it taken out of the game so that people stop ratting on how useless it is. ;_;' It's hard to defend it when it has few good points.

Years
  • Has anybody ever considered pichu becoming an assist trophy?
    It doesn't matter if pichu becomes playable, a pokeball pokemon, or an assist trophy. Jigglypuff will own them all!!!

Pikachu2007

Free hugs for everyone!
    Years
  • It's not like they design the Pokemon the day the game comes out. Lucario appeared in one of the movies the same year Brawl was first announced, so it's not a big time deifference.
    True. And Munchlax first appeared in the Destiny Deoxys movie WAY before Diamond and Pearl came out, so it's likely that Munchlax might be in the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    I remember a loooooooooooooooong time ago, I heard the new playable pokemon was either gonna be weavile, infernape, lucario, blaziken, or deoxys. And deoxys is now a pokeball pokemon so he's off.

PenguinGengar

um skooz me wut r u doing sir?
    Years
  • Lucario should be in the game, I think.

Pichu/Pikachu should have a Zelda/Shiek kinda thing, but instead of Transform Pichu uses Evolve, and Pikachu uses something else. Everstone, perhaps? I dunno.

Does anyone know if the makers of Brawl have like, a suggestion box or something? ;-;

Gyoka

Metamaster - Lvl 1 Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Lucario should be in the game, I think.

Pichu/Pikachu should have a Zelda/Shiek kinda thing, but instead of Transform Pichu uses Evolve, and Pikachu uses something else. Everstone, perhaps? I dunno.

Does anyone know if the makers of Brawl have like, a suggestion box or something? ;-;

That's not a bad idea, but it will never happen.

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    That's not a bad idea, but it will never happen.

True that. But, I really think Pichu will just be taken out of the game FOR GOOD. That's my opinion. Plz don't criticize.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
  • well, think about it, mewtwo could talk..... lucario could talk (in that movie) just some other useless comparison for you to think about. xD

yinyang147

Spiderpig fan
    Years
  • If Lucario is gonna be in Brawl, I doubt they'd make it a playable character. Maybe it'll come out of a pokeball like Ho-oh, and all the other pokemon that aren't playable.

Back