• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SSBB: Pokémon needs noticing a bit more!

Will Lucario be in Brawl?

• Definitely!

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • Most Likely!

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • Probably Not!

Votes: 33 32.7%
  • Highly Unlikely!

Votes: 29 28.7%

• Total voters

Toshinden

Up-and-coming
    Years
    There were 4 PKMN in the last game... I'm pretty confident they need LESS PKMN coverage in SSB since no other franchise has that many characters in the game (and don't tell me that the Mario franchise has too many characters in it, because each of those characters appears in games outside of the regular Mario series somewhere).

SSB needs another Fire Emblem character (even though I'm stoked that Ike is in it... I'd love to see Zihark, Tibarn, or Mordecai), possibly a Final Fantasy character, a Golden Axe character, Sonic and/or Knuckles, and someone from Tales Of (i.e. Lloyd or Presea)

Years
    I honestly must say that Pichu's going away. There is no possible way that can give it a moveset that stops it from being a Pikachu clone. And yes, Lucario would be awesome in Brawl.

And, quite simply, Mario characters on SSB:M include:

Main Mario (mushroom symbol)
    Mario
    Luigi
    Peach
    Bowser
    Dr. Mario (clone)

Other Mario (other symbols)
    Yoshi
    Donkey Kong

Of course, Mario is Nintendo's mascot...

Years
    Yeah, I don't think you'll be seeing this character being used much. I'm just going to be sticking with Link/Pit/Ike/Fox characters. They've already got Pikachu and Jigglypuff and both are pretty good characters, but this one isn't good at all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Are you guys kidding me? CHARIZARD.

I'll play as this guy. But I'm switching out squitle and ivysaur right away. This is a FANTASTIC idea. I love the concept and I can't wait for the game.

Years
    Are you guys kidding me? CHARIZARD.

I'll play as this guy. But I'm switching out squitle and ivysaur right away. This is a FANTASTIC idea. I love the concept and I can't wait for the game.

You can't only just play with Charizard. They have a Stamina meter that plays into effect when you use the Pokemon.

They all share the same damage meter, so they don't recover from damage during Pokémon Change. But they also have another stat, which you might call stamina.

If you keep fighting with the same Pokémon, or if you change them out too often, it's not so good for the Pokémon.

If you want to be a good Pokémon Trainer, you'll need to learn these kinds of ins and outs.

Gyoka

Metamaster - Lvl 1 Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    The new update today on the smash bros. website is awesome. Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle are all playable characters at the same time. (They can be switched in and out)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I like how the Pokemon. They look good in 3D for once.

But, Smash is fun as a straight multiplayer free-for-all brawl. If one person has to worry about this stamina thing I thing it gives them a disadvantage.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2008
    Oh man, I never expected this!
    It's going to be fun playing with Red!
    His hat is a bit pinkish though...

Waaai~
    ~Honey-Senpai~

Rena Ryuugu

はぅ〜
    Years
    XD It was only a matter of Super Smash games until this happened.

I think it's a clever idea, but it could be slightly annoying...

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
    Years
    Think about it. It is common sense cause they didn't overdue it by making the pokemon all 3rd evos. Also they probably go like the Ice Climbers. And when they talked about stamina they probably mean(and I know I'm right)people will stick with Charizard cause he is(teh uber-b33st:in noobish slang) but he will worn out and have to keep changing around to the other pokes and that will also worn them out.Which also makes sense.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    It's quite interesting. But I'll stick to Link and similar chars(unless I'm really good with Red)

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    COOL!! Super Smash Bros has always been a rather quirky game as is. Adding a Pokemon Trainer is actually, for pokemon addicts, a rather novel idea. I know this alone will make me want to buy it even more. Would make less sense if the trainer fought. lol. Course, some different pokemon would be nice, like... oh load in maybe some of your own starter pokemon only.

Just a thought, but interesting idea. Specially since they only really had the lame or over done pokemon in SSB, Jigglypuff.... WHY?! Pikachu.. shock shock. PUN intended. Pichu... no comment. Mewtwo... because he is that cool? No, just that much hype..

Some pokemon like Hitmonchan, HitmonLee, some of the fighting pokemon would make more sense. Since its a fighter game. Hariyama would be my preference.

Years
    It doesn't say anything about the Pokémon regaining stamina when they're not battling. So if they don't recharge then what will you do when all three of those Pokémon run out of stamina? It doesn't say anything about red himself being able to fight, just the Pokémon. With all of your Pokémon down you might be in trouble. Besides, they already have the Pokéballs that let me use Pokémon.

Sr E

Jr. Trainer
    Years
    What do you think happens when his pokemon get KO'ed? Will he also be knocked off stage, or will they do something like, "Red whited out"?

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    Ridiculous idea. Especially the stamina thing. And why isn't it "Red" rather than "Pokémon Trainer". And, can't Charizard fly? How would it get smashed?

The most funny part is that I saw a fake trailer with Red as a newcomer. I said "No one can believe this because it will NEVER happen."

Back