• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starter in Platinum?

Who will be your starter pokemon in Platinum?

• Total voters

.Nighthawk.

guardian of pokemon
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2010
    I will get chimchar and then I will trade a lv 1 chickorita from my diamond so I will be able to beat the rival easy .

xxCelebi

Celebi Freackk.!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2009
    Piplup! ^-^
    Because of course, my opponent will choose Turtwig and I can defeat him with flying moves. : D
    And he's the cutest starter for the handheld games, IMO.
    [:

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2010
    I don't really know, I don't really like Chimchar, and I chose Piplup for a playthrough I'm doing of Diamond this week cause I'm bored, so I guess I'll go with Turtwig like I did for my original Pearl version!

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I picked Piplup in Pearl so I'm probably going to go with Turtwig in Platinum unless my friend goes with him, then I'd go with Chimchar in that case.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've never used a Turtwig to start, may use him. Other wise I usually like start with a Pikachu or something :P

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Heh. I intend to start the game, get one of the starters and trade it over to Diamond before restarting. Then I'll repeat the process. And then I'll just trade them both over =3 I'll box all three, really, because I'm also trading over my eeveelutions to use.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I'm going with Piplup. I'm used to using Piplup, plus Empoleon is part Steel, giving him eleven resistances and one immunity! Who doesn't want a Pokémon like that? Also, it can learn Flying-type moves, giving it an advantage over its rival starter. Piplup seems to appeal to me more.

Vie

Years
  • wow, the results are very close...
    I took the fire type in every generation, including diamond....but now...I want turtwig..

ShadowDawg812

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • well, Im going to get the game tomorrow with my friend, and ill just start out with turtwig and trade over the other starters, since hes going to buy it too. It will work out perfectly, but for my original starter, i would choose turtwig, cuz i chose chimchar in diamondand piplup in pearl. Good Luck for everyone else and enjoy the new game cuz i know i will! :)

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I'm going to start out as Chimchar in Platinum because my Pearl I started out as piplup first and my diamond was turtwig, so yeah you get the point. =D

Back