• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steam Summer Sale

Years
    Since around 8pm last night (GMT) I've been picking up games. I've spent just over £11 on
    Limbo
    Binding of Issac and the DLC
    Bastion
    and the Ultimate DA: O set.
    At £5 with all DLC's I couldn't turn down DA: O, Limbo and Binding of Isaac were both so cheap and I've heard good things about them both (only played Limbo so far and I love it!). And Bastion I saw on a flash deal and I remember critics loving it! It looks up my street gaming wise (I love me some RPG) so for around £2.50 I jumped in.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah the indie games are great because they're sooo cheap in the sale and they're really enjoyable.

Bit.Trip Runner is on a Flash Deal so I caved and bought it for 2.50. I figure I'd spend more than that on food in most places so I'm willing to waste it even if I end up not liking it XD; If Puzzle Agent 2 wins the Community Choice I would be sorely tempted as well.

User19sq

There's no major need. I didn't enjoy what I played of HL1 nearly as much as 2 and you're not really missing much story, just an inside joke or two.

A heads up, HL: Source is the same game with the Source engine. That means smarter AI from opponents. It makes firefights much harder, while the SMG has been nerfed badly. You might want to play the old one unless you're up for a challenge. Either way, HL2 and the Eps are just awesome.
    Thanks for the heads up, but 'm pretty well-aware of HL: Source's significance. I just like doing things authentically. If it were up to me, I'd wait for the Black Mesa mod to be released and just play that instead, but there hasn't been any word on it for ages. So I think I'll just settle for HL: Source.

Also, WOOT! Orange Box gave me the Proof of Purchase on Team Fortress 2! It's not something to be proud of all that much, but I do feel rewarded for making the purchase. =w=

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Just picked up the Total war collection. Been so long since I have played them can't wait to delve into them once again.

Next on my list is killing floor then onto the indie games. Looking at binding of Isaac.

I was gutted on last Humble bundle, was waiting till pay day to get it... and it ran out an hour before I got paid... I was gutted.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I just snagged the Tribes Ascend starter pack 'cause I've seen some gameplay of it and figured why not. I also picked up Max Payne and Max Payne 2. After Rockstar's pickup of the series, I did a bit of research on it and they look like good games. I'm gonna play the first two before buying the third straight away, if even at all.

I think I can only limit myself to one or two more games, and I was really hoping I could snag CS:S at 75% off.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I voted for it and so did my boyfriend! He said he was really interested in it and I didn't have any preference for any of the games so I voted for it to help him win what he wanted haha.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Haven't gotten anything today. Even if I don't see anything else I want, I'll be very content with my haul this summer. So much to play!

Tomorrow is probably the last day of the fresh daily deals, right? Anything anyone is desperately hoping goes on sale? (The last day is usually reserved as a "best of" but maybe they won't need to do that since most deals have been repeated through community votes and flash deals. Hmm.)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Steam Summer Sale

Steam sales are a perfect way to waste money on a lot of crap that you won't like, or will get tired of in a week.

Edit - I take that back. I've been wanting to get a copy of Crysis 2 and Magicka. Now seems like a good time to.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I WANT DAWN OF WAR II TO GO ON SALE. :( I know it's probably not a hugely popular game but I want to play it with my bf hahaha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It hasn't gone on sale, I haven't missed a sale yet and I've been looking for this since the sale started. :(

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    ^ I intentionally avoid that type of stuff, which is pretty easy, as most of the games on sale are good ones that'll last a while.

True. But that still does nothing for the all "looks like it might be interesting, and its real cheap' purchases.

Which is what most purchases will be.

Anyway, if i'm looking at the right one, it's 33% off right now.

Edit - And you've also got the franchise pack which includes every single thing released for the DoW series for $60, 84% discount.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yes but I mean a discount that's not a summer sale general discount, a flash/daily/community deal.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    Well, I picked up Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines because I keep hearing that is really good. Figured why not, if it sucks, it has to be worth five dollars.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Well, I picked up Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines because I keep hearing that is really good. Figured why not, if it sucks, it has to be worth five dollars.
    It's worth it, it's really sad there aren't any more games like it. It's biggest fault is its combat, but it's pretty solid in the other aspects. The characters are solid, and so is the lore. Also, the choices are really add to the experience, and the sneaking system is pretty well done.

In my opinion, of course.

Back