• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steam Summer Sale

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    There's some really good deals, this is also the first Summer Sale I've taken part in. So far I've bought
    ~ Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - I think Morkula and I are going to co-op it.
    ~ Crysis and Crysis 2 - It was a good deal, and everyone used to be "OMG Crysis... best looking game ever!", so I thought why not.
    ~ Audiosurf - I played the demo years ago when it first came out, saw it on there and... yea.
    ~ Shoot Many Robots - parallelzero and I are co-oping this one.
    ~ Deus Ex: Human Revolution - I saw this on sale the first or second day and it looked pretty good, had some nice reviews. But I put it off and waited too long. So when it came up in today's deals I jumped on it.

I "might" pick up Portal/2 if it pops up again, I have it on the 360 but I don't know if it's worth playing again with PC controls. Getting the CoD games also crossed my mind, but I know I wouldn't play them on the PC so no need to waste my money.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    The Summer Sale this year was just great. I bought about 8 games as of now, and I've only spent about 40 dollars. If only Steam had more sales like these. You know, except for Halloween Holidays Every Midweek Every Weekend and every other occasion imaginable.

The only game I have played and disappointed with was Bastion. I think the gameplay is kinda shallow and that damn narrator WONT SHUT UP.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    The Summer Sale this year was just great. I bought about 8 games as of now, and I've only spent about 40 dollars. If only Steam had more sales like these. You know, except for Halloween Holidays Every Midweek Every Weekend and every other occasion imaginable.

The only game I have played and disappointed with was Bastion. I think the gameplay is kinda shallow and that damn narrator WONT SHUT UP.
    The narrator is meant to be one of the games draws, it's supposed to be as if he's actively narrating a story that you're playing out, it was the creators' intention for him to talk so much.

Also, how far are you? The very beginning may seem shallow (which is the reason I didn't buy it until the Humble Bundle, since that's all that the demo covered; seriously, when I tried the demo I had no idea why people like the game so much), but the game and its aspects open up as the game goes on.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    whaaat. The narrator is what raised Bastion from a decent game to a good game for me. :( And then the soundtrack raised it to a great game. I felt the same way about the gameplay though.

Cherrim

Years
    I know. :/ I'm not even interested in DayZ but I've been following the internet's obsession with hoping it goes on sale and now I feel disappointed like everyone else, haha. I'm so surprised it's such a bad discount instead of 75% off or something.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I agree, I was hoping that too, and since I bought Mount and Blade I don't have the money for it, anyway -.-

On an almost unrelated note (though I know it's not Steam, but it is a Summer Sale) FFXIV is $10 for thirty days and it doesn't look too bad for the price, should I go for it?

User19sq

Try playing Magicka. Sure, it's only $2.49 for this time only, but it's still no excuse for bad voice-acting and a gigantic lag that prevents you from playing half the time.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Try playing Magicka. Sure, it's only $2.49 for this time only, but it's still no excuse for bad voice-acting and a gigantic lag that prevents you from playing half the time.
    I've played quite a bit of Magicka and haven't experienced any lag, whatsoever, not even on my old computer. Plus, it's true that the voice-acting's not that great, but I think that was on purpose, so as to get the comical tone of the game across.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I only find DayZ fun if you're in a group of friends, talking on Skype or something like that, and everyone can meet up. Other then that it's sort of boring (and really annoying to lose zombies). And then there's getting killed by someone far off with a sniper.

Years

...what!? The narration is incredible. There's little backstory, so he GIVES it the flavour.

I'm curious to see what they have on the last day.

I have two more to add:

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
    • Crysis 2 - Maximum Edition
    • Mirror's Edge
    • Trine 2
    • Red Faction Guerrilla
    • LA Noire
    • QUBE
    • Magicka
    • Plants vs Zombies
    • Darksider
    • Metro 2033
    • Splinter Cell: Conviction
    • The Last Remnant
    • Hitman: Bloody Money

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I bought alot of games...

Super Meat Boy
    Sonic 4 episode 2
    Bastion
    The Binding of Isaac (With Soundtrack)
    Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
    Indie Game: The Movie
    Dear Esther
    and Psychonauts...

I thinking of adding Sonic CD as a last minute grab, and man, if Ys Origin goes 60% off, its a 100% buy for me.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Bought Last Remnant today. Worst thing I have is how long all these games are going to take for me to download. I haven't once hit over 50 kb/s DL speed. Which is terrible. My internet recently has become terrible.

Cherrim

Years
    Today's gonna be the last day. (And to those waiting on the "vote every day of the sale" achievement for the badge, that doesn't start until the new sales start!) I'm thinking of picking up the other Ys game but otherwise I think I'm good for the sale unless there are new deals in an hour.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Bought VVVVV and Terraria today... that's the last of my purchases for this summer's sale.

Cherrim

Years
    Yeah, not overly impressed by any of the encore sales (I think they're encores? I've seen every single thing in the dailies on sale before but I can't remember if they were dailies before). Gonna check back every so often for the flash deals but otherwise I'm done. It was a good haul though!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I got DoWII in yesterday's daily deal so I'm completely satisfied now. :3 No more purchases for me!

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
    I keep wanting to say I know something about that game... but then I realize I don't. :/

Got my badge fully upgraded for voting everyday! Wondrous, joyful day! And I bought a copy of https://store.steampowered.com/app/45100/ as a nice birthday gift for someone!

I'd say this wasn't too bad a steam sale, honestly. I didn't buy much, but I got a few things I wanted.

Back