• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strange Pokémon Facts!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
  • Tauros is the only pokemon to recieve Stab from Horn Attack.

Though Vaporeon Dissolves into Water, you can surf on it.

In highest level wild pokemon available, Magikarp, and only Magikarp, outclasses Arceus

Granbull's Color has changed slightly in every single generation

Rattata is the only normal type available on the first Route of each generation that cannot learn Surf
    Raticate was once classified as the Rat Pokemon, now it is Classified as the Mouse Pokemon

Though Charmander's Pokedex entry states that it will die if the flame on it's tail goes out, it can battle underwater.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
  • Fun Facts:
    • did you know that a Chansey is actually covered with pink peach-fuzz hair?
    "but it looks so smooth?!"
    • did you know that the three blue ring-shaped markings on the sides of Camelrupt's body serve no purpose other than decoration?"
    "i thought they were numbers like a Jersey, or maybe they counted up each time before he erupts?"

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • I've been searching for type triangles and I found the following:

Fire/Water/Grass
    Fire/Rock/Steel
    Grass/Poison/Ground
    Fighting/Flying/Rock
    Grass/Ice/Rock
    Water/Dragon/Steel
    Electric/Grass/Steel
    Electric/Dragon/Steel

Not all of them involve both super-effectiveness and not-very-effectiveness but all of them are balanced. Fighting/Psychic/Dark isn't completely balanced but can become balanced through Miracle Eye.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • the only way to get a 50% critical hit chance is by having a pokemon with Super Luck (like Absol), using a move with an increased critical hit chance (like Night Slash) and that pokemon having an critical hit ratio boosting item (like Scope Lens).

Dire Hit won't add anything, as this is already the limit.

Oh really?

I've been searching for type triangles and I found the following:

Fire/Water/Grass
    Fire/Rock/Steel
    Grass/Poison/Ground
    Fighting/Flying/Rock
    Grass/Ice/Rock
    Water/Dragon/Steel
    Electric/Grass/Steel
    Electric/Dragon/Steel

Not all of them involve both super-effectiveness and not-very-effectiveness but all of them are balanced. Fighting/Psychic/Dark isn't completely balanced but can become balanced through Miracle Eye.

Steel/Ice/Flying - the one that everyone seems to forget. :( It works with Rock instead of Steel too.

Last edited:

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • Did you know there are more badges in the anime than in the games? Aside from the example that jasonresno provided, Ash could have gotten a ninth badge if he didn't lost a quiz-themed gym (not Cinnabar Island's, one that came before it). Also, Morrison got a hourglass-shaped badge that you can't get in the games.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • > International linking was first made possible in Gen III, not Gen IV.
    > Azurill and Wynaut are the only Gen III Pokemon to be related to previously known Pokemon.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
  • Geodude are sometimes shown as being able to float as there is a circular shadow underneath them starting in Generation III and onwards. It was also shown floating in the Stadium games and in the Pikachu Short, Pikachu & Pichu. Despite all of these factors it cannot have the Levitate ability or learn Magnet Rise.

That's from Bulbapedia.
    Kabuto looks like it's floating too, in the games.

Ninetales is mentioned to have psychic powers, but until Generation 5, it couldn't learn any psychic attacks.

And it was mentioned before that there can be female "Mr. Mimes"
    This isn't so weird, since he was made before there were genders, and also the Japanese name for the Pokemon does not refer to gender at all.

MetalSound

Gettin' SS and Black at March!
    Years
  • Did you know that in Diamond & Pearl, no in-game trainer uses East Sea Shellos in battle, even if the trainer's current location is east of Mt. Coronet.

BTW, this was fixed in Platinum.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
  • Despite Jumpluff's Silver Pokédex entry stating that it uses spores to produce offspring, it breeds by producing eggs in the games

I got Jumpluff on the brain now cause of the 'animals that aren't Pokemon' thread.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
    Years
  • Strange facts about Mew!
    Strange Pokémon Facts!

Mew's species name, "New Species", is rather ironic, as it is in fact one of the first ever Pokémon to have existed.

In the games it is also unable to breed, despite being the ancestor of all Pokémon.

Mew is the only genderless Pokémon able to learn Attract and Captivate; however, when used by Mew, they will fail unless the opposing Pokémon is also genderless.

Though it comes after Mewtwo in the Pokédex, it has to have been found before Mewtwo, due to the fact that Mewtwo is a clone of it.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Sky + Armor = Skarmory

In the same respect that Arbok --> Kobra, Muk --> *shot*

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • As of D/P, Candice is the only gym leader to not use the combination of Water/Ice. I think it also goes for Platinum. Wait, I think the new ice gym leader also does not use any water/ice combination.

Back