• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strangest name.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    I know a Eoghan, which looks like a total mouthful when you see it on a piece of paper. Its pronounced "Oh-wen" though, which really isnt that hard. Its an Irish name apparently.

There are some really weird names out there, my best friend did a speech on it once. Someone in New Zealand tried to name their baby "4Real" because the husband said "Is it for real" when they saw the baby on an ultrasound the first time. Luckily the government naming conventions said no, lol. Id feel so bad for the poor kid otherwise, D:

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    I wouldn't say that these names are strange, unique is a better term. Momo is the name of a girl I talk to at work, it's not short for anything either O_o
    If I had a kid, I want to name her Cynnamon <3

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • momo is a nickname i have for my girlfriend, her name is Mashari and my name is Hoc. So that makes us both weird

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I know a Eoghan, which looks like a total mouthful when you see it on a piece of paper. Its pronounced "Oh-wen" though, which really isnt that hard. Its an Irish name apparently.

There are some really weird names out there, my best friend did a speech on it once. Someone in New Zealand tried to name their baby "4Real" because the husband said "Is it for real" when they saw the baby on an ultrasound the first time. Luckily the government naming conventions said no, lol. Id feel so bad for the poor kid otherwise, D:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7522952.stm
    It gets worse. Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii, for example. That's the weirdest name I've heard of in my opinion.

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
  • the most oddest, but at the same time coolest, names I have ever heard of are Nikoo and Bernadette, my friends who are sisters and they are both awesome :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I remember seeing on the news that there was some college professor or something whose name was Marijuana Pepsi.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • There's this guy on our varsity football team named Kyanusoke (kwon-oo-soh-key). We just call him Popeye.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Some kid in our school called Effdon
    Pronouced Eff-too.
    We've always called him f2 even though we hardly talk to him.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • Used to hang out with this girl named Pretty, always thought it was an odd name to name a kid, I mean what if they weren't XD

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • i know a guy named dusty.. not weird at all except his last name was roads XD

also, i know a girl named Rebel... lol...

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • There's a number of them.

I once met a boy named Gay and he was younger than me so obviously when he was born gay meant homosexual and was well known already.

Knew another guy called Asole, it's the same as arsehole but you say it faster.

I once met this person called Bridget, a weird boy he was.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I knew a child about five years ago who was born. It was a girl.

Her name is.

Abcde

Seriously. It's pronounced ah-bis-sid-dee.

>>

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • I have a friend named Maemennon.
    He said it is named after a football player.

Teachers have problems pronouncing it, lol!

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Hmmm...I don't know too many people with strange names, but I did know one girl called Chanté. Oh, and I don't really count asian names as weird, but Phuong-My-Linh is still pretty uncommon.

Back