• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Stronger than Arceus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • They should give Wobbuffet recover, so it can become the TRUE strongest Pokémon!

It would wouldn't it :L How odd. It looks like a weak little thing.

No Pokemon should be stronger than Arceus, it is God. I don't think there will be a legendary stronger, just seems unlikely now that Arceus is the creator and everything.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't think giving old Pokemon certain abilities or attacks will make them stronger than Arceus, since that can't really beat God. As for a devil Pokemon, I'd say it's unlikely, but maybe a God of Isshu, or something along those lines.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Yeah it is unlikely, but just something of darkness maybe to be the opposite of Arceus (but Arceus still a bit stronger so goodness can prevail) just like there is Darkrai and Cresselia, one of darkness and the other of goodness.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
  • If my memory still working, I don't remember anybody on RBY saying Mwetwo was the strongest Pokemon who existed. It was the strongest WE KNEW, but nothing else.

With Arceus is different. We are talking about the God of Pokemon. And even in the Pokedex they say he created the world, etc. So, chances of getting a "stronger than Arceus" on Gen 5 are very low.

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • It's certainly possible that they'll make a Pokémon that's more powerful than most of the uber Pokémon that we have. They don't even have to make up and give you a fancy myth to explain its backstory; maybe you'd have to "look beneath the surface" to find its true power.

Shuckle. nuff said, and on goes my flame suit...

dabridge

FalknerReidd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2010
    Of course there will be something stronger, just because it's a god pokemon that doesn't stop mean game freak from pulling out something even more ridiculous to top it

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Um... Dragonite?
    You HERETICS! How dare you call Arceus a God of Pokemon, when we all know who the real Gos of Pokemon is!
    OK, nuff, jokes.
    Since NINTENDO was dumb enough to make a an all-stats-full Pokemon, I don't really see the point of making a stronger one.
    They already ruined all normal-stat pokemon with that abomination, so really where's the logic behind making even stronger Pokemon!
    Enough is enough!
    Well, that enough trolling for one day, don't you think?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2013
    I don't know if somebody mentioned this already, but Arceus is based off the Chinese mythological god Pangu. Pangu created the universe after he hatched from an egg (similar to how Arceus did) when the opposite forces of Yin and Yang became balanced. Since Zekrom is the Yin Pokemon and Reshiram is the Yang pokemon, there is a high chance that they are stronger than Arceus, as they technically created it (if Game Freak is going along with the mythology). I believe that they are either stronger than Arceus or as strong as it.

Rei

Years
  • Why does everyone refer to Arceus as the "god" pokemon.
    Just because it created something doesnt make its god. And i dont believe its based off a monotheistic god.
    Now i dont know everything about pokemon, so dont flame me to hard :D
    According to bulbapedia it says Arceus created Sinnoh, and POSSIBLY the pokemon universe. Everything else behind it is a myth. There is a definite possibility that there could be something more powerful than it.

Also Two theories.
    Could Arceus not create something more powerful than itself? You see it in plenty of other Fantasy Media.

Since Pokemon is based on an evolutionary world couldnt something evolve into stronger than Arceus? Obviously not just the evolutionary tree that a pokemon follows, but something over time.

Legendmaster#1

Tamer of Legends
    Years
  • If they did make a Pokemon stronger than Arceus, then what could beat that (and so on and so forth). They are gonna dig themselves into a hole trying to make stronger Legendaries. They should just make the Death Star/Planet Consumer/Galaxy Eater Pokemon and end the series.

UmbreonUniverse

ブラッキー
    Years
  • Bwahahahahahaha of course they will I mean apparently Mew made all of the Pokemon (from what I have heard) and if Arceus made the universe then hell that could mean the Cogostamastu (not a real pokemon just some random name) could have made... I don't know toilets for all I care... I mean they have too make something stronger :/

P.S. No this was not made in a angry way.
    P.S.S. Now it is >:)

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • I don't see any reason why there should be something as strong or even stronger than Arceus but I also don't see it as an impossible thing to happen. If you remember well there is also Deoxys that isn't from the planet Earth of Pokéworld so I believe that it also isn't "created" by Arceus and instead either it has been "created" by something else or that it has just transformed from the microbes from the space. Or something. And in the end it is really easy to just ditch Arceus and create another pokémon that has given birth to all that thing. Just like they did to Mew who was said to be the very first pokémon and the ancestor of something like that. :'DD

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    They don't have to make anything "stronger" or "superior" to Arceus. There's no reason they really should. Not saying they won't; just saying it's not really necessary. It doesn't contribute to plot or gameplay or do much for the series to make the legendaries progressively bigger and stronger.

Two things: One, Black and White seem to have a theme of ignoring the past four generations and using newer, fresher concepts. Two, legendaries from different generations rarely have anything to do with one another. The only instance of that was Regigigas to the Hoenn golems, and possibly Lugia to the Kanto birds if the second movie counts for anything. I doubt they're gonna purposefully try to "top" Arceus, or make a counterpart for Arceus, or even focus at all on the previous legendaries.

... Not to mention Arceus isn't necessarily God. In specifically Sinnoh myths it's believed to be the creator of the universe and all that, but every region has its own myths and all, completely separate from the others. Mew is essentially "god" in that it supposedly created all Pokemon. Isshu will probably have its own creation story or "godlike" legendary.

Years
  • Base stat total doesn't necessarily equate to strength, good example- Slaking. Its how you use it. Look at the F.E.A.R combo, that can finish off any Pokemon in 2 turns, provided that they don't have a priority move.

Allthough i think Arceus is a powerful Legendary, don't write off the older ones. Specs Kyogre and Soul Dew Latios can rival or exceed it in pure power.

Trigaradon

I COME IN PEACE
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    I say we forget that Arceus is supposedly the god of pokemon and let them make more god pokemon so we don't have to put em in a canon tier or something.

Rei

Years
  • I doubt they're gonna purposefully try to "top" Arceus, or make a counterpart for Arceus, or even focus at all on the previous legendaries.

I actually like the idea of a counterpart for Arceus. It would be nice to have a rival to the best top stat pokemon. That is unless they make something with a higher base stat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back