• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"(****) sucks, I don't know how people can like it"

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
  • I get some light teasing from a couple of friends for my favourite artists (not that they're unexpected or anything, they just think that the artists in question aren't that good, kind of ironic to me considering they think Eminem is good) and the fact that I like MLP (that's what ye get for poking around my book I use for drawing). I don't really care about the teasing, although I do tend to exaggerate my reaction just because I can. Irks me when people instantly think of anyone that likes MLP and isn't a girl is a greasy neckbeard, however, so I generally lash out at them. Granted, I'm probably a hypocrite for saying that.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That is just general stereotyping, just like all Directioners and Beliebers are "12-year-old girls who don't know real music", when most of us are in High School, just finishing or are in college some of us are even working, and there are quite a few male fans of 1D and JB and I seriously don't know the definition of "real music".

Oh yeah, one of my biggest pet peeves is generalizing. Assuming all fans of something are this and that...like I said before, it's something I won't keep quiet about and will speak up on. I also will never understand people judging others for music taste of all things. Music is such a wonderful thing, and why anyone would feel the need to tell someone they don't know what music is because of the artists they like is beyond low to me.

Basically, if someone's hobby is dissing other peoples' hobbies, they need a new hobby.

PokeGeisha

Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
    Years
  • My sisters played pokemon as well and so do my co workers! So im ok on that! I believe my biggest problem was when people asked why did I listen to "video game music" it was just background music.It means alot to me so yeah that pisses me off xD

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • My friends don't understand why I like Hatoful Boyfriend or My Little Pony but I don't really let the teasing get to me. I wouldn't say I'm attached to anything enough to get mad about it. Different people like different things and no one has to all like the same thing.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • When my interests are dissed, mainly Pokemon and video games or anime, I continue pursuing said hobbies anyway. I've tried explaining to my parents just what a forum is and what I do here, but it's about as futile as explaining to non-trade staff members just how cool trade corner is. Oh well, more fun for me. ♥

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • My friends poke at me for being My Little Pony and Pokémon fan every once in a while. I do know they're just giving me a hard time as my best friends so it isn't a big deal. ;P I also feel like people on the internet who are in the same fandoms as me look down on me for being a nerd who is also a Big Bang Theory fan since most people on the internet tend to dislike it (At least those who share my interests). It doesn't bother me that much, though. I don't mind what others think as I never really feel as if I need to prove myself to anyone but me. I did once get upset at someone for telling me my brother and I weren't allowed to be pony fans since we are also Whovians and that we needed to stop watching it. It wasn't very a heated debate, I just couldn't believe how unintelligent their comment was so I wanted to challenge them to see how they would defend themselves.

Last edited:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Often times people tend to clash with the interest I have in Pokémon; contrarily most adults praise the interests I have in computers and ROTC. This also happens with the music I listen to; I kindly tell people like that to ♥♥♥♥ off. If you think my music sucks, tell your gossipy friends rather than getting high and mighty towards me with your notion that Ludacris and Lil' Jon automatically trump Pink Floyd and Basshunter. I mean really? Who are you? :o

Reactions: £

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Often times people tend to clash with the interest I have in Pokémon; contrarily most adults praise the interests I have in computers and ROTC. This also happens with the music I listen to; I kindly tell people like that to ♥♥♥♥ off. If you think my music sucks, tell your gossipy friends rather than getting high and mighty towards me with your notion that Ludacris and Lil' Jon automatically trump Pink Floyd and Basshunter. I mean really? Who are you? :o
    Pink Floyd are my favourite band ever and to think I already thought you were cool. It's not right for someone to work their way into my good books so well, do something horrible and unforgivable already!

As for my likings, I like what I like, if anyone asks me about them I'll talk about them, if anyone teases me... well, they'll find I'm pretty thick skinned and a lot of the time I'll return the teasing tenfold. <3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm like this way with EVERYTHING lmfao. Even when I was here, whenever someone dissed Black and White (the games, nobody dissed the forum because it was perfect), because I modded that section at the time I felt like they were personally setting out to upset me and I was almost like NONONO GUYS IT HAS ALL THESE 1024924954 GOOD POINTS!!! But yea. I have this problem with pretty much everything I like, and it p much sucks :C

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Just this evening somebody called Family Guy trash and it made me a whole lot angrier inside than was appropriate.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I've been chided many times by my parents for still liking Pokemon. Like most anti-Pokemon people, they say that Pokemon is childish and 'a kid's game' and that I should drop it completely. I've tried explaining to them before that my best friend's 25-year-old sister plays Pokemon, but will they listen? Nuh-uh. Do I care? Mhm. I used to get upset whenever they brought up that topic, but I just ignore them now. It's kinda saddening that they don't respect my interests though. It wasn't that way before, but things changed. The only way I can play Pokemon now is behind their backs.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Whenever someone gives me a hard time due to something that I like, I tell them to face my behind and kiss it repeatedly--not that it happens a lot anyway. Luckily for me, most people I know share almost similar interests as me c:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I hate when people say Pokemon is for kids and start bashing the newer Generation Pokemon because they grew up with Generation I & II when they haven't even touched a single game of the newer generation.
    Luckily I got a ton of friends that still plays and loves Pokemon including the newer generation, so yay to them! :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    If someone else makes fun of Pokemon, just ignore them. There's no need to get riled up, just do what you love doing and stop caring what other people think.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I could care less if someone bashes what I like. I have no reason to defend its honor or something.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • who likes PokeCommunity, it sucks, I don't know how people like it

But serriously, I don't have this issue. I just have the issue of people not liking/understanding what I like. And that's just the way I like it IMO.

Yukari

I really get frustrated when people diss Pokemon, mainly when they say it's for children. Even worse is when people criticize Final Fantasy 7, fortunately that doesn't happen very much granted Final Fantasy 7 has one of the largest gaming communities out there.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Mostly music. I like bands like Black Veil Brides, Pierce The Veil, and Falling In Reverse, and people don't seem to like them, so they tease me for liking them. It really offends me that people can't get past the music I like, and see the person I am through it.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • My Family member also Keep saying that only Kids watch pokemon, when ever i watch it on my TV! That makes me feel angry!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Besides Pokemon, where i feel as many of you have already mentioned, i have the same problem when someone critizes me for liking Disney or Pixar movies. I grew up watching every single Disney movie that came out, and yes, i still like to watch them every now and then and yes, i do sing along!! I dont get why people have a problem with that, only because im 21 years old. I listen to Hip-Hop and R&B mostly, so when someone is going through my ipod and stumbles upon a disney song, they would stop, look at me and ask "are you serious?"

I hate when that happens -.-

Back